Page 74 of 112 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I really don't care about super strength or not but I would just love for her to gain something more meaningful that a flag shaped costume a a free ride ticket for otherworld whenever the plot calls for it. Considering all she had to give up for this "upgrade" here is hoping the future hold some major development and a writer willing to explore her mystic heritage.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    What I want is the CB suit to enhance her power. The boosted tk will definitely enhance her strength. But what we get is even less than a typical CB. She doesn't even use her telepathy in combat anymore. There are lots of creatures in the Otherworld that she can "manipulate". She manipulated a T-Rex once, heck even commanded a bone dragon in UXF! Also there are tons of medievel tk weaponry she can conjure depending on the situation rather than the standard mele based sword and shield all the time.

I'm still hoping they'll do her justice in terms of characterization and her combat usefulness (she's a warrior) in the futre.
    Aah I get that. I guess for me I don't really need the CB suit to do anything apart from being symbolic. I'd be fine if she were running around in the Lady Britain suit or just some random look that also did nothing but teleport her to Otherworld.

I do agree that I'd love for the story to add some weight to the switch and what it means but I feel X of Swords helps a bit in that regard. It's definitely been a rocky start but we've got a lot of talent on the books and with Betsy having such a prominent role in the event it'll be great to see who else latches onto her story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Is there some unwritten rule that a CB has to have super strength? She’s a different type of CB so I don’t feel it’s necessary for her to have the same exact abilities.

Well, here’s hoping X of Swords and year 2 of Betsy as CB brings some joy! I hope we get a little Hickman Betsy.
    I'm not sure she had super strength the first time she was Captain Britain. During that tenure. Slaymaster gouged her eyes out and she was blind until her encounter with Mojo who implanted bionic eye.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I'm not sure she had super strength the first time she was Captain Britain. During that tenure. Slaymaster gouged her eyes out and she was blind until her encounter with Mojo who implanted bionic eye.
    I can say I re-read the slymaster encounter multiple times and still it doesn't make much sense to me
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Is there some unwritten rule that a CB has to have super strength? She’s a different type of CB so I don’t feel it’s necessary for her to have the same exact abilities.

Well, here’s hoping X of Swords and year 2 of Betsy as CB brings some joy! I hope we get a little Hickman Betsy.
    Brian only had like peak human strength (10x average human) for a while as CB, then they amped him up. But since then, other CBs have had super strength. So, why not Betsy, as well?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Brian only had like peak human strength (10x average human) for a while as CB, then they amped him up. But since then, other CBs have had super strength. So, why not Betsy, as well?
    Exactly. It's part of the power set and mythos of being a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    https://anchor.fm/cerebrocast

Tini Howard talks Betsy Braddock.
    this was really cool to hear. it seems she is going to branch out the storyline of Betsy having some sort of body issues as a model and finding happiness with being muscular instead of dainty. wonder if there's going to be a connection with the eating disorder she had in X-Tremists. her stature now in costume reminds me of the new She-Ra.

anyway i can't wait until more interaction with Kwannon and Betsy. I love both of the characters coexisting but I wouldn't mind if Betsy wasn't Captain Britain anymore. I'll always cherish her little stint as a regular X-man in 2018. that was like a long term dream come true for me. one day i would love her to return to the sexy / shifty version of her personality that they gave to Emma instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    one day i would love her to return to the sexy / shifty version of her personality that they gave to Emma instead.
    in this sentence are you talking about Betsy or Kwannon? If Betsy I agree it would be nice to see more of her mean girl streak. Tini keeps referencing it in the podcast. As well as her princess posh privileged side.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Well if she doesn’t need it then I see no reason to give it to her because people before her had it. But again, the name/costume is more symbolic than feats based. I don’t really care about what it can do but moreso what it means for each individual. Betsy smashing something with super strength won’t add or lessen my enjoyment of her as CB; it’d be just another (useless)feat. If the super strength actually had some relevance to the story then sure but just to have it? The doll is fine without it.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 09-06-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Now I wish this costume was majority blue.

I agree. I think it looks way better with more blues. And just better with the hair as well. Actually wish they'd just give her a BLUE version of the Anka Uncanny X-Force uniform.

BANNED

that fanart got 2 k likes in 12 hours lol captain betsy art goes semi viral every other day of the week

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's by Otto Schmidt. I wish he was illustrating X-Factor instead.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Now I wish this costume was majority blue.
    Yass.

The red I don't mind. It's always been all the white that irks me. If the white parts were dark blue like in that art by Otto, or black? Oof

Spectacular Member

I mean those are the colors of the Union Jack - there should be some white in it...

Nobody has patriotic uniforms in there top favorite uniforms list. The less patriotic her uniform the better IMO.