Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    And you have to laugh now at everyone of those who were sending hate mail to the writer of Fallen Angels, all the while the person who writes Betsy Braddock at the present time says that she has no respect for the character.
    You may say that Kwannon was never Psylocke until now, but these are alternative facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    You may say that Kwannon was never Psylocke until now, but these are alternative facts.
    Same old coupe, all new driver.

I’m cool with the exchange, I just wish it was handled with more care, clarity, and “creativity*”.

The Psylocke and Captain Britain characters, regardless of drivers, coupes, etc are still only step children in the X-Books.

* subjective criticism I know. Everything about both Excalibur and FA feels trope-laden. I can’t be alone in that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Same old coupe, all new driver.

I’m cool with the exchange, I just wish it was handled with more care, clarity, and “creativity*”.

The Psylocke and Captain Britain characters, regardless of drivers, coupes, etc are still only step children in the X-Books.

* subjective criticism I know. Everything about both Excalibur and FA feels trope-laden. I can’t be alone in that.
    Neck-deep in tropes. Where’s my Gillen/McKelvie Excalibur? They’ll show us how to use tropes effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    C'mon, what did you guys expect Trini to say?
    Something that would make more sense maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Neck-deep in tropes. Where’s my Gillen/McKelvie Excalibur? They’ll show us how to use tropes effectively.
    Wow that combo on Excalibur would be amazing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Wow that combo on Excalibur would be amazing.
    They do British lore through a contemporary pop lens better than anyone. That’s how you get serious about an Excalibur relaunch.

They do British lore through a contemporary pop lens better than anyone. That’s how you get serious about an Excalibur relaunch.
    You’re so right. And the do LGBT so well. What if Betsy stole the Cap Brit amulet and was flanked by Shevaun and Neal? And they snuck into Mojoworld?

BANNED

You’re so right. And the do LGBT so well. What if Betsy stole the Cap Brit amulet and was flanked by Shevaun and Neal? And they snuck into Mojoworld?
    I just imagine an Excalibur anchored by Betsy and Sinister, and everything else would be gravy.

I just imagine an Excalibur anchored by Betsy and Sinister, and everything else would be gravy.
    Oooh what’s your angle on Sinister? (I can’t stand him.)

BANNED

Oooh what’s your angle on Sinister? (I can’t stand him.)
    My angle is Gillen is the only one who ever made him interesting. I can see him meddling in Otherworld affairs and being fascinated by Betsy’s dual legacy as mutant and mystic protector. I’d love to see him exploiting the Braddock connections to Otherworld in his effort to continually perfect himself.

That’s right I forgot Gillen turned him into the fop. You’ve got a very good point. His multiple Sinisters multiplied by CB Corps. Would be an interesting way for him to get his hands on Jaspers and Hyperstorm samples.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-09-2020 at 07:41 AM.

BANNED

That’s right I forgot Gillen turned him into the fop. You’ve got a very good point.
    I LOVE the fop! He’s the one who turned Hickman on to Sinister as well (although Gillen still does him better).

Anyway, sorry to derail the Betsy thread with Sinister talk. I do think they should be on each other’s radar though. I’m generally just ready for Bets to show up in X-Men and/or appear before the Quiet Council in Excalibur. I’m sure we’re gonna have councilors who take issue with her role as CB. I’m ready for all that drama! The question is who is gonna take issue? Shaw? Apocalypse? Exodus? Maybe someone surprising like Jean since formalized national security and intelligence are now her primary concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    C'mon, what did you guys expect Trini to say? She is(allegedly) the one who decided to make Betsy Captain Britain, the book she writes is pretty much all about that, and the current X-Office that she works for is pushing Kwannon as Psylocke. Of course she would say that.
    Not be offensive towards longtime Betsy fans, especially since thats the character she is writing. She could have responded with more tact bc that quote was a major turnoff

Why was her butterfly power signature scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Why was her butterfly power signature scrapped?
    I know almost nothing, BUT, it makes some sort of sense that the ENTIRE visual brand kit that was "Psylocke" in the 1990s was sheared off of Betsy Braddock and given to the new "Psylocke : Kwannon" brand kit.

I'm okay with MOST of the that decision. I've explained elsewhere that the Psylocke name was given to Betsy and not her own creation. I'm cool with their powers being similar if not the same, despite preferences. I'm even cool with the new Psylocke : Kwannon replacing Betsy in the X-Men and building a place for her among their elite ranks.

What I think is a mistake is the transference of the butterfly motif and the color purple to Kwannon. The butterfly has always been Betsy's expression of her telepathy, her personal signature. Her hair had always been purple. Kwannon should've been allowed to develop her own psychic signature that matches her own new persona, and had her own natural hair color moving forward.