Page 83 of 112 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Over two years ago at this point
    Oh that’s right. I guess this year feels like such a void it seems like it’s only been a year since.

BANNED

Judging by all the talk in this issue of X-Factor about the possibilities of the new slate version of whoever gets resurrected, it's almost a bit promising for Betsy and Kwannon to die, and return as truer forms of themselves.

That said, it would be an appealing turn of events for them.... had they not already been through the wringer of wringers of character changes over and over already O_o. Which makes them dying in otherworld an unappealing fate if that is what's in store. Another damn rebranding.

However, there was also talk of Rockslide's location of death in Otherworld possibly having to do with his state of resurrection. So maybe that's what the team is doing on the solicit after this event, looking for Betsy's point of death to somehow return the Betsy we all know? Idk
    Last edited by slacker; 09-30-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Judging by all the talk in this issue of X-Factor about the possibilities of the new slate version of whoever gets resurrected, it's almost a bit promising for Betsy and Kwannon to die, and return as truer forms of themselves.

That said, it would be an appealing turn of events for them.... had they not already been through the wringer of wringers of character changes over and over already O_o. Which makes them dying in otherworld an unappealing fate if that is what's in store. Another damn rebranding.

However, there was also talk of Rockslide's location of death in Otherworld possibly having to do with his state of resurrection. So maybe that's what the team is doing on the solicit after this event, looking for Betsy's point of death to somehow return the Betsy we all know? Idk
    Exactly, I don’t understand why they have to die again, if that is what’s going to happen.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Tini has brought up multiple times that Betsy is an Otherworld Princess so I think she will die & start showing magical abilities. I just hope she keeps her Telepathy. Having the Otherworld blood will also allow Brian to develop abilities.
    I think the Telekinesis abilities will go to Kwannon.

I don't think she's going to die again and I'd be so disappointed with the story if she did. It'd just seem kind of pointless for her since she just had a death and "rebirth," and another rebrand feels like it'd only hurt her character. A name change I could probably deal with but a whole new reset ala death in Otherworld? Eek. Keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Tini has brought up multiple times that Betsy is an Otherworld Princess so I think she will die & start showing magical abilities. I just hope she keeps her Telepathy. Having the Otherworld blood will also allow Brian to develop abilities.
    I think the Telekinesis abilities will go to Kwannon.
    Betsy is not an Otherworld princess(a position she held in name only), at least not any more. Brian was made king, but it seems that Saturnyne rules Otherworld now thanks to Tini complete retcon of Otherworld.

Also I should point out a common mistake everyone seems to be making about Otherworld. Having a parent from Otherworld doesn't give you magical powers, or powers of any kind. Jamie and Betsy are mutants, that's it! If they wear the Captain Britain suit then they get the abilities afforded to Captain Britain, kinda like Thor's hammer I guess. Brian is a bit different. Originally he was just plain Human, then he died to the Fury, was brought back by Merlyn and Roma where he Captain Britain abilities were then made a natural part of him so he didn't need the amulet of right any more.

TL:DR Otherworld humans are just humans that live in Otherworld. They're not special.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't think she's going to die again and I'd be so disappointed with the story if she did. It'd just seem kind of pointless for her since she just had a death and "rebirth," and another rebrand feels like it'd only hurt her character. A name change I could probably deal with but a whole new reset ala death in Otherworld? Eek. Keep it.
    Ohhhhhhh! She definitely needs an X-men codename I feel, Captain Britain isn't really synonymous with mutants. Nor do I feel like it's a mantle she will hold for a long time.

Kind of scary to think of something as big as a name change but I'd want something that encompasses or refers to her main attributes of being British, psychic, a defender, master of weapons, metamorphosis, swordswoman, knight, etc.

Aegis
    Indigo
    Dianthis
    Chrysalis
    The Dame

idk.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Ohhhhhhh! She definitely needs an X-men codename I feel, Captain Britain isn't really synonymous with mutants. Nor do I feel like it's a mantle she will hold for a long time.

Kind of scary to think of something as big as a name change but I'd want something that encompasses or refers to her main attributes of being British, psychic, a defender, master of weapons, metamorphosis, swordswoman, knight, etc.

Aegis
    Indigo
    Dianthis
    Chrysalis
    The Dame

idk.
    It really should’ve been Monarch. Tini played us. -_-

My theory: I don't think Betsy will die, but she might actually near death when the Starlight sword emerge (Saturyne wouldn't give it to her that easy would she?) and then teleported (vanish) her away after she beat her Arrako opponent.

Another note: With the resurrection protocol being broken, Betsy might persuade Jamie to resurrect X-Men members who would die in the battles. That's why she's shown in Avalon with Brian and Jamie in the Excalibur #13 preview. But Jamie being Jamie.. so who knows?

She's also might object Brian fighting with the X-Men considering what happened to him the last time in Excalibur.

BANNED

I couldn't even post about it after Jamie got that codename

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Betsy is not an Otherworld princess(a position she held in name only), at least not any more. Brian was made king, but it seems that Saturnyne rules Otherworld now thanks to Tini complete retcon of Otherworld.

Also I should point out a common mistake everyone seems to be making about Otherworld. Having a parent from Otherworld doesn't give you magical powers, or powers of any kind. Jamie and Betsy are mutants, that's it! If they wear the Captain Britain suit then they get the abilities afforded to Captain Britain, kinda like Thor's hammer I guess. Brian is a bit different. Originally he was just plain Human, then he died to the Fury, was brought back by Merlyn and Roma where he Captain Britain abilities were then made a natural part of him so he didn't need the amulet of right any more.

TLR Otherworld humans are just humans that live in Otherworld. They're not special.
    I think when Tini refers to her as a princess she means because of her silver spoon background and not Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    It really should’ve been Monarch. Tini played us. -_-
    True...I would have been perfect. Lady Braddock could work for me.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Betsy is technically a princess of Avalon right now, considering the fact that Jamie’s the king.
    Monarch would have been such a good name for her, that I’m annoyed it’s not.

Excalibur #13 variant by Jay Anacleto. Loooove the energy crackling from the sword.

Last edited by Psycwave; 10-05-2020 at 10:58 AM.

BANNED

Gotdammnn.

Does Betsy get a real sword or does she just make one up with her TK?