Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There was never independent confirmation Matsuo had removed anything, so easy for later writers to ignore.
    There was; at the end of X-Men #32 she is seen reflecting whether Kwannon is gone from her mind. Nothing suggests that Jamie, even in his mental state, would resurrect a part of Kwannon along with his sister.

It's a retcon. And a very disappointing one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    There was; at the end of X-Men #32 she is seen reflecting whether Kwannon is gone from her mind. Nothing suggests that Jamie, even in his mental state, would resurrect a part of Kwannon along with his sister.

I’m still going with the theory kwannon was brought back by madelyne when revanche’s corpse was reanimated and that she piggybacked on betsy’ mind when she returned to asianlocke body after dazzler blew her British body’s face during sisterhood.
    Last edited by crimsontt; 10-25-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I’m still going with the theory kwannon was brought back by madelyne when revanche’s corpse was reanimated and that she piggybacked on betsy’ mind when she returned to asianlocke body after dazzler blew her British body’s face during sisterhood.
    This is actually the most sensible explanation of Kwannon's returning to Psylocke's body IMO, intentionally or not.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This would be an easy answer to how she ended back up in Betsy’s mind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    That’s what I said, but some people said it was more of a mess. I don’t see how either

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    That’s what I said, but some people said it was more of a mess. I don’t see how either
    No messier than other things that have happened to the mutants.

BANNED

Yeah that's still the best / only logical theory. But nothing has been put in writing and I'm guessing because it is a future prospective plot point for Kwannon's development. Not a sure thing, but more like a "we're just not gonna say how so as to let a future writer/book explain it."

Which is disappointing. Wish they'd tackled the immediate consequences of the body re-swap instead of packing them away to serve as future plot material.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post

It’s not an examination by other telepath it sorcerer. Also dealing with decades ago, after a certain point who cares because a number of fans and creature by this point have passed on.

The original Elizabeth Braddock was just a precog. The current Elizabeth Braddock is basically an entirely different person with greatly expanded powers. Things change.

Magically changing Elizabeth to Asian or sling a body swap was seeing as offensive and getting into some nasty stereotypes (a white womanizer doesn’t have to become Asian to get physical combat abilities). So they hand to undo the body swap and not erase one of the most significant Asian characters around. So Elizabeth was made to recreate her body leaving Kwannon to wake up in her original body. Comics are not immune to current politics.

BANNED

Being that pretty much anyone can come back from the dead at any time in Marvel it’s an unnecessary explanation.

Could Saturnyne be the ultimate Karen?

Could Saturnyne be the ultimate Karen?
    Yes lol.

Does anyone happen to know the artist for these? Cause these images are hot to death.

Last edited by Psycwave; 10-26-2020 at 09:13 AM.

That’s exactly what new Excalibur really needs to kick. Get the American members of the team as fishes out of water in some bizarre Alan Moore/Austin Powers Carnaby Street fever dream trip.

I'm totally down with Kwannon becoming a parasite after the Sisterhood story line and somehow absorbed some of Betsy's powers while trapped in her head. That in itself isn't unheard of. Betsy somehow absorbed Jean's telekinesis back in the day (never explained) so transference is possible.

Betsy is such a conundrum. Has any character been through as many changes as she? Not even Rogue, who literally can absorb others consciousness and personalities haven't gone through nearly as much as Betsy.

I got a question about her powers in the 80's after Claremont added her to the X-Men. What was his explanation on how her mental powers were different than Professor X or any other telepath during that time? I mean, he had her psycho-blast actually hurt Juggernaut while he had his helmet on. No other telepath could do that. Speaking of differences: would you like to see her precognitive abilities return?
    It's strange to say, but she was really one of the most versatile telepaths ever. She was doing things I never seen Professor X, Jean or Emma do yet never seen as powerful as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yes lol.

Does happen to know the artist for these?

Really digging these.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

I need this to be the next Excalibur, street level british espionage story. More character driven but with interesting plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Speaking of differences: would you like to see her precognitive abilities return?
    It's strange to say, but she was really one of the most versatile telepaths ever. She was doing things I never seen Professor X, Jean or Emma do yet never seen as powerful as they are.
    My favorite version (powerwise) of Betsy were the pre Asian telepath-precog Psylocke and the Remender's UXF ninja-telepathic Psylocke.

I'd love the precog to return but lose the telekinetic and CB powers. She'll be the pre Asian telepath-precog Psylocke but with martial art skills. She'll be the ultimate spy.

The precog should be limited - max 1 hour in advance of the supposed occurance and when she has one, the precog flash will weaken her psychic - giving her severe headache. Thus not making her too powerful.