Page 94 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1675

@psyc Good stuff. I've had a fetish with sixties lifestyle since hooking up to Mad Men, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I'm totally down with Kwannon becoming a parasite after the Sisterhood story line and somehow absorbed some of Betsy's powers while trapped in her head. That in itself isn't unheard of. Betsy somehow absorbed Jean's telekinesis back in the day (never explained) so transference is possible.
    That would be as if the present Kwannon were like the Ms. Marvel construct in Rogue's mind, who was not the real Carol Danvers. And it doesn't explain how Betsy did not become conscious of Kwannon's "subleting", when AoA Jean freed her from the influence of the Death Seed or when Betsy memory-wiped herself temporarily to survive the Shadow King's attack in UXF.

That's what happens a writer opens up one plot, then leaves it to others to deal with the inconsistencies.
    I got a question about her powers in the 80's after Claremont added her to the X-Men. What was his explanation on how her mental powers were different than Professor X or any other telepath during that time? I mean, he had her psycho-blast actually hurt Juggernaut while he had his helmet on.
    What could be accepted in retrospect is that she always had a latent telekinetic talent, that she worked on with Jean's help.

Her psychic weaponry even as a telekinetic was not supposed to affect flesh either, but it did against Magneto in UXM or against the Warwolves in Excalibur. Her powers likely evolved as she trained.
    Speaking of differences: would you like to see her precognitive abilities return?
    Yes, but I don't think they will.

I wouldn't mind seeing the precog abilities return but I'd like them to keep it in minute increments. I think it's a nice limitation and with some control could be a great tool for battle.

JDW also spoke about Betsy vs Isca in today's X-Men Monday.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/26/x-...rds-weeks-5-6/

So each of those, in particular, I’m trying to think if they all were the same. Yeah. Those all kind of came about for different reasons. The Betsy and Isca one has a very specific goal for what that battle is about. I mean, basically, all of them have very specific reasons why those two fight, but they’re very different outcomes as to what we get from each of them. Because I think there’s still a lot of surprises to come in this and I don’t think anybody really knows what’s going to happen–by which, I mean, I’ve seen a lot of speculation and well, certainly nobody has been right about what’s going to happen. But I think some of it, people are not even thinking in the right direction, which is good because that means we’ve misdirected them well.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I need this to be the next Excalibur, street level british espionage story. More character driven but with interesting plot.

I would adore this book. The Avengers (series), meets, X-Files and Doctor Who. The design are so cute. Love it.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I need this to be the next Excalibur, street level british espionage story. More character driven but with interesting plot.

My favorite version (powerwise) of Betsy were the pre Asian telepath-precog Psylocke and the Remender's UXF ninja-telepathic Psylocke.

I'd love the precog to return but lose the telekinetic and CB powers. She'll be the pre Asian telepath-precog Psylocke but with martial art skills. She'll be the ultimate spy.

The precog should be limited - max 1 hour in advance of the supposed occurance and when she has one, the precog flash will weaken her psychic - giving her severe headache. Thus not making her too powerful.
    Marvel stopped doing plain telepaths because put them against a robot or someone with strong psychic resistance and they are dead.

Any major character who is a telepath has telekinesis or other more physical powers that they can use in situations in which telepathic powers aren’t the greatest offense or defense. Xavier is an exception only because he is not a field combatant.

Telekinesis enhances her strength and speed and with her ability to make to weapons she can out through most things. Current Captain Britain would cut Sabretooth’s head off. She’s deadly as a telepath/telekinetic and physical combatant.

Look at the Greys, Monet, Emma and the Cuckoos, Exodus, Mr and Miss Sinister, Moondragon, Moonstar(Valkyrie powers), Quentin, Selene, Exodus. Anyone who goes out in the field is not a plain telepath. Even in the 99s they had to give ninja Psylocke the crimson down because being a telepathic ninja is not enough.

Mighty Member

I would love for Betsy to pop up in SWORD as an ambassador for Britain, Otherworld and Krakoa.

OMG Betsy written by Al Ewing. That would be a dream.

All-New Member

Some ramblings:

Isn't it funny how writers will cherry-pick what to keep and what to throw away with character histories when they take over? Remember when Betsy lost her ability to feel (sorrow?) in Sword of the Braddocks? I always kinda chalked that up to the reason behind her killing-spree journey. Or in her solo series where she stated she felt next to nothing when it came to her old body?

And anyone remember that both Betsy and Kwannon were slated to die? Kwannon was a vegetable after her cliff dive and Betsy from the Legacy virus?

I like to believe that somehow when Betsy made her new original body that she was also somehow able to bring Kwannon back as a way of giving them both a new chance at life. To right the wrongs they both suffered from the hands of others and the hand of fate. Both were victims. And both need to have that talk. I'm not all up on sisterly love, but I would love to see teamwork and even a friendship of sorts. And maybe have Brian or Betsy tell her she'll always have a home with them.

So does Betsy still have her tk? In my head it makes sense for her to have her telepathy and precog powers plus have the memories of the ninja skills so she can still use those. I would think the tk would be more specific to the merged Kwannon body, depending on exactly what alterations Jamie made to it when he brought Betsy back. I don't mind them both having the same power set tho because each would use them differently.

To whomever asked about the Betsy's telepathy being different than the others...this was touched on in the Emma Frost series...every telepath learns how to deal with it in their own way, and learn how to use it in their own ways. Whereas Xavier was always shown to use it as communication in the early days, he knew how to use it as a weapon when needed. Emma, having different morals, used her power in more ... crueler ways. Betsy was trained by STRIKE in the use of hers. And I'm sure thru the years, they've all taught each other their tricks of the trade. And like any "muscle" or skill-the more it's used the better control and stronger it becomes. I know a lot of people groaned when Betsy got her tk and they cried about her being able to smash mountains but not pick up a dime. I loved it. Anyone can punch a hole in a wall. Fine motor control takes practice.

Betsy used her tk to carry Rogue (when she was in sleeping princess mode) in Excalibur # 2, so she still has it (besides, doesn't she use her tk when she creates her psionic weapons ?)

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Betsy used her tk to carry Rogue (when she was in sleeping princess mode) in Excalibur # 2, so she still has it (besides, doesn't she use her tk when she creates her psionic weapons ?)
    she also just used it to destroy the amulet of right, her shield and sword can affect inanimate matter so they are clearly made of tk energy
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I just had a thought: what if Betsy’s precognition is being suppressed, because of the no precog rule on Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I would love for Betsy to pop up in SWORD as an ambassador for Britain, Otherworld and Krakoa.
    Well, they have an unrevealed telepath in the team apparently...maybe it's her? hehe
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Well, they have an unrevealed telepath in the team apparently...maybe it's her? hehe
    Wouldn’t that be great

No offense, but Betsy being already the headliner of a book, wouldn't it be better if this mystery role (if at all exist) is occupied by an underused character (Monet, I hope) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I just had a thought: what if Betsy’s precognition is being suppressed, because of the no precog rule on Krakoa?
    I think the law only applies to the most powerful precogs like Destiny (especially her, Moira must be scared to death of her since their terrible meeting in her third life) and Ruth as they can predict events with extreme precision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I think the law only applies to the most powerful precogs like Destiny (especially her, Moira must be scared to death of her since their terrible meeting in her third life) and Ruth as they can predict events with extreme precision
    This. Jean, Betsy, Rachel, the Cuckoos, Exodus, Xavier, and pretty much all major telepaths have shown some premonitions/precognition abilities. It’s just Destiny and Ruth, her great granddaughter specialize in precognition.