Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    We came this close to have psylocke joining the X-Men in the final episodes of TAS:

Eric: Back then, the standard was that you try to get 65 episodes of a series, so we could play it forever in syndication. So we were under the impression we would do 65 X-Men, and Fox was under that impression. We were going to go out with the big four-part “Beyond Good and Evil” where all the psychics get together and time is threatened. And so basically Sidney Iwanter at Fox came to me and said, we need to go out with a huge bang. Throw all these people together and then have a cool twist at the end of the episode. Have four or five of the X-Men leave and have four or five of the people that fought with them during this be the new X-team.

Julia: And then wrap on that.

Eric: So we set it all up. We’d written all four scripts. The boards were half done. Storyboards were half done to where Xavier and Storm and Jean and Scott were all leaving. Bishop, Psylocke, Archangel, and Shard were going to stay and become the new X-Men. Then we were told, “Oops, we need more episodes with the original team, so don’t have them leave.” So they ordered six more episodes, and then ordered five more. The last 11 were absolute afterthought. Saban had just bought the Fox Kids network.

http://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/...tor-interviews
    wow...didn't know that...as much as I love Storm and would have hated it as a kid seeing her leave, a team of Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Archangel, Psylocke, Bishop, Shard, Beast and Jubilee would have been awesome.

Without Scott, Ororo and Xavier who would have been the leader? Magneto? Wolverine??? I would have kept Storm and ditched Beast.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    We came this close to have psylocke joining the X-Men in the final episodes of TAS
    Betsy always gets the short end of the stick in animation. She was also supposed to be in Season 5 of Evolution but it got canceled and then in WatXM she was a minor villain, ugh. What's worse, we'll probably never see her as Psylocke in other media ever again. Marvel will just use Kwannon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Betsy always gets the short end of the stick in animation. She was also supposed to be in Season 5 of Evolution but it got canceled and then in WatXM she was a minor villain, ugh. What's worse, we'll probably never see her as Psylocke in other media ever again. Marvel will just use Kwannon.
    She also would have had returned in season 2 of wolverine and the x/men if it was ever produced.

Praying for a x-force series or cartoon so betsy can shine on tv one day

I think once XoS is done I’m most excited to get back to the politics of Betsy as a mutant CB. The stuff with Clan Akkaba and how people were reacting negatively to her was pretty great. It’ll be interesting to see her getting into CB superheroics while also changing public perception. Hopeful for a second suit. Omg or they could bring back the Lady Britain suit. <3

I honestly kind of feel her going back to Psylocke would be going backwards narratively and just put her back as the “cool fighter chick” getting the b-stories. A new codename one day maybe, but I’m into this push of new stories centered on her.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-10-2020 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    wow...didn't know that...as much as I love Storm and would have hated it as a kid seeing her leave, a team of Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Archangel, Psylocke, Bishop, Shard, Beast and Jubilee would have been awesome.

Without Scott, Ororo and Xavier who would have been the leader? Magneto? Wolverine??? I would have kept Storm and ditched Beast.
    I think Rogue would be the most qualified
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 11-10-2020 at 05:35 PM.

I love how it’s Betsy and Isca always getting these little promo pieces first lol. Make sure y’all vote!

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/13...326306817?s=21

This is super cute! Can't wait for tomorrow.

They always get it first because they are, indeed, the first oficial battle.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

Can’t wait until 3am to see what happens next. Hopefully Betsy will have some great character moments

BANNED

That is so cute <3 Can't wait to see Isca fight, and Betsy to showcase some powers!

We got played lol.

It’s not even that spoilers:
    Captain Britain loses. It’s just that the damn fight itself is so ridiculously underwhelming. For both Betsy AND Isca. Here we have these two warrior women, one whose been getting boasted about this entire event and their big battle is them bumping into each other before Betsy breaks into a million pieces. Okay? I was really hoping for a blaze of glory but I just don’t think Tini writes action well.
    end of spoilers

But I do wonder if the “incident” had more to do with spoilers:
    Jamie
    end of spoilersthan Isca or Saturnyne. After all, he did bet against her and it could be why she’s sitting on the thrown on that future cover.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-11-2020 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    We got played lol.

It’s not even that spoilers:
    Captain Britain loses. It’s just that the damn fight itself is so ridiculously underwhelming. For both Betsy AND Isca. Here we have these two warrior women, one whose been getting boasted about this entire event and their big battle is them bumping into each other before Betsy breaks into a million pieces. Okay? I was really hoping for a blaze of glory but I just don’t think Tini writes action well.
    end of spoilers

But I do wonder if the “incident” had more to do with spoilers:
    Jamie
    end of spoilersthan Isca or Saturnyne. After all, he did bet against her and it could be why she’s sitting on the thrown on that future cover.
    spoilers:
    I think we can all agree that she's definitely not dead. Didn't occur to me it could have been Jamie - I thought it was highly suspicious that the shattering effect began with the Starlight Sword.
    end of spoilers

Sigh.

spoilers:
    It's like what her fourth death?
    end of spoilers

Betsy should start calling herself Phoenix, it fits her better than Jean at this point.

Honestly. Like seriously. I'm not even gonna say anything anymore. You already know.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Honestly. Like seriously. I'm not even gonna say anything anymore. You already know.
    Same. I’m always expecting something great and always getting kicked in the nuts. Now I have to wait even more her to have a moment

I really thought Swords of X was where Betsy would get the chance to shine. But nope.