Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When Thawne's asking for it, I feel pretty confident assuming it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When Thawne's asking for it, I feel pretty confident assuming it's not going to happen.
    Yeah... I kind of roll my eyes whenever i hear 'the final confrontation' advertisements... They killed Thawne and left him dead once... I don't see them ever doing it again. He's now in the ranks of Lex Luthor and Joker.

So real question is what pretend method will they do to get rid of him... and how will he come back? Neck snap/Speed Clone? Classic,.... Erased from Time? paradox/alternate universe version will come back... Cut his legs off? Come back with robot legs? What big finale are they going to do... because we know it won't be 'The final confrontation....'

spoilers:
    They went with reboot. Thawne doesn't remember being Reverse Flash now.
    end of spoilers

The non-spoilery final page is fantastic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    They went with reboot. Thawne doesn't remember being Reverse Flash now.
    end of spoilers

The non-spoilery final page is fantastic.
    Wow, Williamson had a lot of issues .

Incredible Member

Wow, Williamson had a lot of issues .
    105 with Flash in the title (Flash Rebirth 2016, Flash #1-88, #750-762 & Annuals 1-3), plus Batman #22 & #64-65 (Button pt 3 & the Price follow-up crossover - Tom King skipped these issues) and Speed Metal.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 09-22-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Willamson’s run was the best Barry Allen Flash run I’ve read. Thought he did a great job overall, and he’s left the franchise in a better place than when he started imo which is as good as it can get for an ongoing writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Willamson’s run was the best Barry Allen Flash run I’ve read. Thought he did a great job overall, and he’s left the franchise in a better place than when he started imo which is as good as it can get for an ongoing writer.
    Yeah, especially for how many expectations fans have had and how DC editorial has treated the mythos. Williamson did the best he could and left things in the best place possible to move forward from.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I think Williamson has done a very impressive job.
    I got the impression he was handicapped a great deal by DC editorial edicts and some things would have unfolded quite differently - but 100+ issues on ANY book is a serious accomplishment.
    Don't forget, the title has been on a fortnightly schedule from the get-go too!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I got the impression he was handicapped a great deal by DC editorial edicts and some things would have unfolded quite differently - but 100+ issues on ANY book is a serious accomplishment.
    Yeah, while I had my issues, overall I'm happy with Williamson and I hope the next "main" writer picks up the baton well from him.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yeah, while I had my issues, overall I'm happy with Williamson and I hope the next "main" writer picks up the baton well from him.
    Agreed. While I dropped out in the middle because of the different forces it was really the only DC book I followed from the start of rebirth. I hopped back on for, Year One, which was sooooooo freaking good.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

This Dr. Alchemy arc has just been ok, but I absolutely love having Barry deal with science and chemistry. I just wish he would have said “Flash fact” at least once.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This Dr. Alchemy arc has just been ok, but I absolutely love having Barry deal with science and chemistry. I just wish he would have said “Flash fact” at least once.
    Ok sums it up, Williamson is a hard act to follow, but I like the new writer's take on Barry's science and chemistry, so I willing to see where he takes the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Agreed. While I dropped out in the middle because of the different forces it was really the only DC book I followed from the start of rebirth. I hopped back on for, Year One, which was sooooooo freaking good.
    I can concur, Williamson's (at least two first years up to the end of the Wally arch and rogues) was fantastic!!! The series did dip off a bit, but for me, it was a master class run!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Reading all of my Rebirth books now, and man, I forgot how much I enjoyed him on this book from the jump. He felt like Cary Bates, post Iris’s murder by Zoom. Which, coincidentally is my favorite era of the Flash.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-02-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Ok sums it up, Williamson is a hard act to follow, but I like the new writer's take on Barry's science and chemistry, so I willing to see where he takes the run.

I can concur, Williamson's (at least two first years up to the end of the Wally arch and rogues) was fantastic!!! The series did dip off a bit, but for me, it was a master class run!
    The new guy is just filler, pretty sure his run is over since the Flash ongoing will tie in to Endless Winter, then go on pause for Future State. I expect a new writer in March.