Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Slight question, would people say currently it would be better to start with say the New 52 run and then into the Rebirth series where you may need to do research if something is referenced or do you think there is somewhere else to start in terms of reading modern flash comics.

I’m reading Flash now I just got into a conversation with one of my comic reading friends about Flash and it got me thinking is all.
    Honestly Williamson’s run has felt more like a spiritual successor to Johns and Waid’s Pre-FP runs than the New 52 Flash. I haven’t read any New 52 and didn’t feel lost at all with Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly Williamson’s run has felt more like a spiritual successor to Johns and Waid’s Pre-FP runs than the New 52 Flash. I haven’t read any New 52 and didn’t feel lost at all with Rebirth.
    I was just wondering because if I recall correctly that was where the previous relationship with the Rogues was established as well as Wallace West before he became Kid Flash in Rebirth.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Slight question, would people say currently it would be better to start with say the New 52 run and then into the Rebirth series where you may need to do research if something is referenced or do you think there is somewhere else to start in terms of reading modern flash comics.

I’m reading Flash now I just got into a conversation with one of my comic reading friends about Flash and it got me thinking is all.
    Waid -> Johns -> Williamson

New 52 has little to no bearings besides pretty art.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Got the Flash on pre order.
    Red Death isn't available to order yet!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I got into The Flash through the New 52 run and I felt (pre-Venditti and Van Jensen) it was a pretty solid and fun title .

Any runs you recommend thats not Eobard coming out of nowhere shouting " IT WAS ME BARRY"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Any runs you recommend thats not Eobard coming out of nowhere shouting " IT WAS ME BARRY"?
    The Dark Wally's Waid run.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    From volume 2 (Wally) You can try anything from Flash #164 through to #213 if you're a Geoff Johns fan. Anything from #15 through to #159 if you're keen on Wally.
    From volume 1 (Barry) Anything from #105 through to #321 is worth your while.
    The Flash/Green Lantern Brave & The Bold mini series written by Mark Waid is also pretty damn great.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

My problem with them going this route (you've been "Thawned") is that essentially it reduces Barry to being a by-product of Thawne. So they shouldn't pat themselves on the back too much for 'solving' some continuity issues.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh. Has the run changed colorists? I haven't really noticed but it would be the most logical explanation...
    Yeah I was all WTF he looks like max lord or something. It's like they put the character profile in a dumpster to burn.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    My problem with them going this route (you've been "Thawned") is that essentially it reduces Barry to being a by-product of Thawne. So they shouldn't pat themselves on the back too much for 'solving' some continuity issues.
    To be honest, this has been a problem ever since Thawne killing Nora has been made such a major facet of Barry's origin.

And that's not getting retconned any time soon, considering even the TV show used that version of the origin - and did the Justice League movie do it too? They might not have mentioned Thawne specifically, due to Barry not knowing about it, but his own movie IS going to be based on Flashpoint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And that's not getting retconned any time soon, considering even the TV show used that version of the origin - and did the Justice League movie do it too? They might not have mentioned Thawne specifically, due to Barry not knowing about it, but his own movie IS going to be based on Flashpoint.
    Didn’t mention Thawne but Ezra did visit his father in prison. I’m not calling him Barry because that adaptation was awful and I wish they would recast.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Didn’t mention Thawne but Ezra did visit his father in prison. I’m not calling him Barry because that adaptation was awful and I wish they would recast.
    He's Bart with a dash of Barry and Wally as far as I'm concerned.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman