Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

I'm not detracting the artist, I just dont see this image as a good drawing. My opinion.

Look at her belly.

You say this is a great drawing, I see an out of shape super heroine.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm all for the occasional cameo, but I would pushback strongly against Peter becoming part of Jessica's regular supporting cast ... or even her tech support hierarchy. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I've grown up and grown old with Jessica operating independently of Parker. I can barely stomach the notion of her getting spidery webs on her costume similar to his.

I also reject the subtle notion that Jessica has to be reimaged in Peter's frame and lighting, or be made to ride his coat tails in order to remain a successful book. Let a woman stand on her own graces and rise or fall accordingly.

More importantly, don't let the writers off the hook by introducing Peter as a major player in Jessica's mythos. That's too easy. Make them earn their keep.
    Preach that gospel.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm not detracting the artist, I just dont see this image as a good drawing. My opinion.

Look at her belly.

In Infantino's pic, Jess is being more defensive and crouching away. In Pere's pic, while the pose is similar, Jess is being more aggressive and attacking. At least IMO. I'm no art critic but that's what it looks like to me.

Also, I agree with Judicator Prime 100% (although I've come really like the new costume, but I realize I"m one of the few).

One week until Spider-Woman #2. The preview is up on Marvel's website. Can't wait!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Look at her belly.

I see what you see. But I never said it was a great drawing, only that it reminded me of Ditko's style. I tend to appreciate all forms of artistic expression, even if it doesn't square with my particular aesthetic sensibilities.

I see what you see. But I never said it was a great drawing, only that it reminded me of Ditko's style. I tend to appreciate all forms of artistic expression, even if it doesn't square with my particular aesthetic sensibilities.
    You're right.

I just don't liked the artwork. In fact Perez is not even close my 100 favorite artists.

Just my opinion.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

You're right.

I just don't liked the artwork. In fact Perez is not even close my 100 favorite artists.

Just my opinion.
    That's cool and totally fair. You just have to be a careful here on CBR. It's ok to offer honest critiques, but Mods discourage posters from outright slamming professional work product. Many of those industry types come to this website as active members of the community. They peruse and contribute from time to time, so we should at the very least keep a welcome mat out for them. I'm not the biggest fan of every artist either, but you and I both draw and we can at least appreciate the effort, if not the end product.

Thanks, Judicator.

But l I didn't do anything wrong, I just said I don't liked the drawing.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm all for the occasional cameo, but I would pushback strongly against Peter becoming part of Jessica's regular supporting cast ... or even her tech support hierarchy. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I've grown up and grown old with Jessica operating independently of Parker. I can barely stomach the notion of her getting spidery webs on her costume similar to his.

I also reject the subtle notion that Jessica has to be reimaged in Peter's frame and lighting, or be made to ride his coat tails in order to remain a successful book. Let a woman stand on her own graces and rise or fall accordingly.

More importantly, don't let the writers off the hook by introducing Peter as a major player in Jessica's mythos. That's too easy. Make them earn their keep.
    Well said. However, you should know this poster thinks every book should have Peter Parker and or Spider-Man in it and rarely expresses anything other that his desires to see that happen, very little point in arguing with him.

Spectacular Member

Damn straight

Someone brought up the theory that Jess is gonna team up with the Rhino. I like it, but I'm not sure how much it stands after this.

A Slightly different Preview than the one Marvel Posted
    Last edited by Seren; 07-10-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Someone brought up the theory that Jess is gonna team up with the Rhino. I like it, but I'm not sure how much it stands after this.

A Slightly different Preview than the one Marvel Posted
    At least we have context for that panel Pere Perez put out earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least we have context for that panel Pere Perez put out earlier.
    Truth. Jess is pissed.

Truth. Jess is pissed.
    Wonder what this guy's angle was for poisoning her like that. Maybe it has something to do with Otto Vermis's daughter?

I feel like Marchand MAY not know about Jess being poisoned but I DO think he's dealing with some shady people so that his daughter will walk again and that Rebecca may be subject to similar experiments that Jess was. Where Octavia Vermis falls in? I don't think she necessarily has anything to do with the Marchands, but she probably is on of the people who is behind Jessica's condition. I have a feeling she may want revenge against Jess for killing her dad way back when.

That said, I'm not sure Jess was technically poisoned (she's immune to a lot of stuff at this point I would think, including radiation) and more that maybe - something was enhanced? In the other preview she states that she is more powerful than ever - but that it's killing her. So i'm not sure but it'll probably be answered in this issue.

Needles to say, I think it's clear that Jess's daddy issues are going to rear their ugly head in this run and I am here for it. And I also think she is going to do everything she can to keep what happened to her from happening to Rebecca.

I feel like Marchand MAY not know about Jess being poisoned but I DO think he's dealing with some shady people so that his daughter will walk again and that Rebecca may be subject to similar experiments that Jess was. Where Octavia Vermis falls in? I don't think she necessarily has anything to do with the Marchands, but she probably is on of the people who is behind Jessica's condition. I have a feeling she may want revenge against Jess for killing her dad way back when.

That said, I'm not sure Jess was technically poisoned (she's immune to a lot of stuff at this point I would think, including radiation) and more that maybe - something was enhanced? In the other preview she states that she is more powerful than ever - but that it's killing her. So i'm not sure but it'll probably be answered in this issue.

Needles to say, I think it's clear that Jess's daddy issues are going to rear their ugly head in this run and I am here for it. And I also think she is going to do everything she can to keep what happened to her from happening to Rebecca.
    Good points. It'll be an interesting ride, that's for sure.