Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1206

I don't think Jess really trusted michael more as she really didn't have a choice but to go along with it. Either ways, write Marvel and tell them. I promise you the read every email. SpideyOffice@Marvel.com
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Not really feeling the direction of this volume. Kinda just bleh.
    Say what you want about Bendis, but his run on Spider-Woman with Maleev was pretty decent.
    Same with Hopeless'.
    Hopeless’ run was sensational. He did a great job with Jess, Roger and Gerry. Ben Urich as well. One of the most underrated runs ever. I never read Bendis’ run.

I feel like those who haven't read the Bendis runs are a bit taken aback by how dark this run is. Bendis' comics were pretty dark and one of the biggest complaints about the Hopeless run is that it was too light and fluffy and OOC (I do not agree with that. I think the Hopeless run was phenominal). Hopeless run lost a lot of readers who enjoyed the Bendis version of Jess (which I also love by the way)

Karla Pacheco has said in interviews that Marvel wanted to go back to that darker version of Jess so that's what she's doing.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Karlas run reminds me a lot of the original series especially the first dozen or so issues and then Claremont's. While I'm loving Perez's work and have no complaints, I would love to see Dexter Soy do a stint in the style he used on Captain Marvel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Karlas run reminds me a lot of the original series especially the first dozen or so issues and then Claremont's. While I'm loving Perez's work and have no complaints, I would love to see Dexter Soy do a stint in the style he used on Captain Marvel.
    Dexter Soy would be an interesting one to see on Spider-Woman in the future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I don't think Jess really trusted michael more as she really didn't have a choice but to go along with it. Either ways, write Marvel and tell them. I promise you the read every email. SpideyOffice@Marvel.com
    Like I said, guy poisoned her to begin with, that doesn't make him look trustworthy enough just for that reason alone.

Guy 1 shoots guy 2 in the arm, guy 1 tries to hide that fact, guy 2 finds out and interrogates guy 1 about it, guy 1 says he'll remove the bullet, should guy 2 trust the fucker who shot him to begin with?

I'm not saying this situation can't work, hell, if someone manages to make something that can specifically remove her healing factor, then they did a significant amount of research about her powers at least, problem is that because Michael gave a sob story and said "Hey this could **** up your son", Jessica thinks "I have some doubts, but I'll trust him and do nothing else", instead of having a cynical side and think "Wait, the guy just tried to remove my healing factor and now I'm dying because of him, what's to stop him from injecting something else that's gonna kill me faster?"

The best way I can imagine she could work with him is by thinking "Okay, even if he's trying to kill me with this, I should at least work alongside him since he knows so much about my powers, so his research can be used to find a way to cure me", and she could steal it and send to someone else, or whatever, doesn't have to be specifically this, just something that doesn't make it look like someone who trusts the guy who poisoned her that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Hopefully that doesn't mean she'll be tied up by normal ropes and not be able to escape, despite, y'know, being strong enough to lift a car or two .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-01-2020 at 12:09 AM.

SPOILERSS

Preview to Spider-Woman #5/ Legacy 100 is up. We get a second story with Mattia DeIllis art.
    So we've come full circle on the "Spider-Woman's butt" issue now?
    Milo Manara - to the "shame googling"- to "the costume makes my ass look GREAT".(see spoilers link)
    second story with Mattia DeIllis art.

Not quite as bad as Huntress justifying the belly window because of all the sit-ups she does but...ehhhhhhhhh...

It's running joke at this point and I kind of expect it now.

So on the Marvel Wiki, if you total up the power grid scores for each member of the spider-family (If you consider Jess part of the Spider Family), Jessica Drew comes out on top with 24 pts making her the most powerful spider.

Interestingly enough - Letters for Spider-Woman are now being directed to the mheros office rather than the spidey office (which is where they had you write letters for the Dennis Hopeless run)

So on the Marvel Wiki, if you total up the power grid scores for each member of the spider-family (If you consider Jess part of the Spider Family), Jessica Drew comes out on top with 24 pts making her the most powerful spider.

Interestingly enough - Letters for Spider-Woman are now being directed to the mheros office rather than the spidey office (which is where they had you write letters for the Dennis Hopeless run)
    That is interesting . . . and a cool fact, too. Thanks.

I checked that out, how's she stronger and more durable than Peter? I call bullshit on that lol.

Oh well, I checked the other Spiders and the only one who gets closer is Kaine at 20 points, unless you could Other influenced points, which puts him at 25 points, though it makes no sense he has 2 points in Energy Projection, every other Spider-Person who has regular webs has it at 1, only Miles gets a 2, and you can count his Venom Blast for that, but Kaine having it at 2 makes no sense.

Also funny Julia and Anya somehow have a draw with Peter at 19 points, plus, Anya and Mattie having 5 points in durability... Which Kaine needs The Other to reach that level, and all the other Spider-People have it at 3, except Jessica who's at 4 for whatever reason, so yeah, absurd that those are arbitrarily said to be that much tougher lol.

But yeah, those power grids can be rather funny, best one is Wolverine's, with fighting skills at a fucking 7, because apparently he's this super awesome fighter who knows a billion martial arts, except in practice he's a scrub who just slashes at random and heavily relies on healing factor to deal with fucking mooks, which should put his fighting skills at a negative lol.

Odd, is Marvel subtly trying to make Jessica not be part of the Spider-Office anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I checked that out, how's she stronger and more durable than Peter? I call bullshit on that lol.

Oh well, I checked the other Spiders and the only one who gets closer is Kaine at 20 points, unless you could Other influenced points, which puts him at 25 points, though it makes no sense he has 2 points in Energy Projection, every other Spider-Person who has regular webs has it at 1, only Miles gets a 2, and you can count his Venom Blast for that, but Kaine having it at 2 makes no sense.

Also funny Julia and Anya somehow have a draw with Peter at 19 points, plus, Anya and Mattie having 5 points in durability... Which Kaine needs The Other to reach that level, and all the other Spider-People have it at 3, except Jessica who's at 4 for whatever reason, so yeah, absurd that those are arbitrarily said to be that much tougher lol.

But yeah, those power grids can be rather funny, best one is Wolverine's, with fighting skills at a fucking 7, because apparently he's this super awesome fighter who knows a billion martial arts, except in practice he's a scrub who just slashes at random and heavily relies on healing factor to deal with fucking mooks, which should put his fighting skills at a negative lol.

Odd, is Marvel subtly trying to make Jessica not be part of the Spider-Office anymore?
    Aside from the Spider-Woman name, she's mostly been in her own separate sphere from Spider-Man's particular corner of the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Aside from the Spider-Woman name, she's mostly been in her own separate sphere from Spider-Man's particular corner of the MU.
    Yeah, but officially she's considered a Spider-Man character, more or less (Non-Sony movies can use Jessica, but she can't be Spider-Woman, or have her powers), even though it took over 20 years for her to have any minimal connection with him, and all they did was put both in the same team, plus during Spider-Verse she was moved to Spider-Office, so I'm wondering if they're removing her now.

Reminds me that someone once said that, apparently, Spider-Queen isn't considered a Spider-Man character, even though she only showed up in ASM, if true, go figure lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, but officially she's considered a Spider-Man character, more or less (Non-Sony movies can use Jessica, but she can't be Spider-Woman, or have her powers), even though it took over 20 years for her to have any minimal connection with him, and all they did was put both in the same team, plus during Spider-Verse she was moved to Spider-Office, so I'm wondering if they're removing her now.

Reminds me that someone once said that, apparently, Spider-Queen isn't considered a Spider-Man character, even though she only showed up in ASM, if true, go figure lol.
    It's just an observation. I don't follow other spider titles so for all I know, Marvel could be funneling all the letters for their letters pages to that mheroes email address and not removing her from the spidey office. I just thought it was an interesting change.

Preview is up!

The Carol and Jess team up we've been waiting for