Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1206

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jones was meant to be Drew, but Marvel said no, so he just changed her last name.
    Is that true? Because around the same time Alias was running, Bendis was also writing New Avengers, which supposedly had Jessica Drew on the team - and Jess turned out to be a Skrull imposter, Veranke. That story couldn't have happened if Alias was a Spider-Woman book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that true? Because around the same time Alias was running, Bendis was also writing New Avengers, which supposedly had Jessica Drew on the team - and Jess turned out to be a Skrull imposter, Veranke. That story couldn't have happened if Alias was a Spider-Woman book.
    Yup. It was supposed to be Bendis and Rick May on art duties.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-jessica-jones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Alias was coming out way before Bendis started on Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Alias was coming out way before Bendis started on Avengers.
    ALIAS is probably the only work by Bendis that I fully enjoyed, but it was a mature readers title -- and Jones was a lot more gruff than Jessica had ever been portrayed. I don't think the two should have the same exact personality -- even though Bendis did want to use Drew in ALIA. Bendis had proposed an actual Spider-Woman series with Rick Mays, but it wasn't ALIAS. He did want to use Drew in ALIAS, but again -- that was after his proposal for a Spider-Woman series.

Don't recall offhand, but I think ALIAS had ended before Avengers Disassembled.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    ALIAS is probably the only work by Bendis that I fully enjoyed, but it was a mature readers title -- and Jones was a lot more gruff than Jessica had ever been portrayed. I don't think the two should have the same exact personality -- even though Bendis did want to use Drew in ALIA. Bendis had proposed an actual Spider-Woman series with Rick Mays, but it wasn't ALIAS. He did want to use Drew in ALIAS, but again -- that was after his proposal for a Spider-Woman series.

Don't recall offhand, but I think ALIAS had ended before Avengers Disassembled.
    Yeah, it had long since ended.

I think he was writing Jessica Jones in the Pulse at that time. Which was a comic that focused on the Daily Bugle.

Edit: yep, Alias ended in September 2003. Bendis’ New Avengers started in January 2005.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-29-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Pretty sure that in Canon, Alias was the last time we saw the real Jessica Drew before she got replaced (at least until Giant Sized Spider-Woman came out).
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jones was meant to be Drew, but Marvel said no, so he just changed her last name.
    Not exactly, but close. It is true that what became ALIAS started out as a pitch for a SPIDER-WOMAN project, but it didn't go ahead because ultimately it was wasn't right for Jessica Drew. So he created the new character of Jessica Jones and then developed the story from there with this new character. But it was more than just changing her last name--her origins, power set, backstory, etc, are all very different. A SPIDER-WOMAN pitch was the seed from which ALIAS grew, but its not like the ALIAS scripts already existed and he just erased the name "Drew" and wrote in "Jones".

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, it had long since ended.

I think he was writing Jessica Jones in the Pulse at that time. Which was a comic that focused on the Daily Bugle.

Edit: yep, Alias ended in September 2003. Bendis’ New Avengers started in January 2005.
    Bendis started writing the main AVENGERS book not long after ALIAS ended, which is where he did the "Avengers Disassembled" storyline setting up his NEW AVENGERS launch.

Don't know who this is but I like her

Also were sitting at approximately 16 variants for Spider-Woman #5, legacy 100.
    Last edited by Seren; 09-30-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Don't know who this is but I like her

Also were sitting at approximately 16 variants for Spider-Woman #5, legacy 100.
    Wow, cool. I think I even saw one paying homage to Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man #1.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You did! I definitely snagged that one this afternoon. It's a store exclusive for anyone who wants it: Big Time Collectibles

You did! I definitely snagged that one this afternoon. It's a store exclusive for anyone who wants it: Big Time Collectibles

Ah, that was actually paying homage to Amazing Spider-Man #300. My mistake.

I love it either way. If you have the cash, rian is selling the original artwork for this.

I love it either way. If you have the cash, rian is selling the original artwork for this.
    That's pretty cool. Thanks for the heads-up.

Astonishing Member

They should use that cover to make some Christmas wrapping paper!

If this was wrapping paper I'd buy 20 rolls.