Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1206
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue, seems to be a deep plot going on, let‘s see where it goes. It wasn't the fun get together between Jess and Carol that we might have thought, Jess was so mean, but Carol took it well, with some humour..."Drew spawn"

I'm ok with the art, no worry....as Seren points out that's a distant shot you pulled out Winterboy...those are dodgy but not unusual at least she mostly had a face, I've seen prominent characters in some scenes before ( in other marvel comics) with no face! That's bad...

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I enjoyed the issue, seems to be a deep plot going on, let‘s see where it goes. It wasn't the fun get together between Jess and Carol that we might have thought, Jess was so mean, but Carol took it well, with some humour..."Drew spawn"

I'm ok with the art, no worry....as Seren points out that's a distant shot you pulled out Winterboy...those are dodgy but not unusual at least she mostly had a face, I've seen prominent characters in some scenes before ( in other marvel comics) with no face! That's bad...

Jon
    I'm not talking about jess' face.

I'll post more pics later.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cover and solicitation for issue #9:

KARLA PACHECO (W) • PERE PéREZ (A)
    Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    Variant Cover by ROSE BESCH
    • Jessica's journey for a cure and her history has taken her all the way to the High Evolutionary's volcanic lair.
    • Surrounded by clones of her mother, the Ice Queen and the High Evolutionary, Jessica's hopes of finding the cure to the disease that threatens Jessica, her son Gerry and her niece are drying up by the hour.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by Seren; 11-19-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm enjoying this series quite a bit, but I would like to see this become more an ongoing subplot at this point. Yes, we get a king in black issue (I have zero interest in venom so yay...but hey if it gets people to buy the book...) bubut let's bring in some other stories...Poltergeist, the Needle, Brothers Grimm, Nekra...some new bad guys...just more differentiation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Man, I really don't like Perez' Spider Woman. This really not my kind of artwok.

Goofy Jessica vs Gorgeous Jessica.
    Attachment 102405

Dropped this book.

Bye.
    Perez definitely has a problem with anatomy -- especially Jess's. He has a clean style -- and his storytelling isn't bad. But his work on Jess, in particular, is wanting. I don't get why she looks so frumpy in many of the panels. He's much better at drawing backgrounds and technology, but he needs some major assistance when drawing bodies -- especially in motion. Honestly, Jess looks more like a cosplayer than the cool, mysterious dark angel she should be.
    Last edited by kcekada; 11-19-2020 at 12:49 PM.

I don't see it but whatever. He's a black belt in kung fu. I'm pretty sure he knows how a body moves in combat and how to portray emotion in body language.

I feel like the comparison given is people being upset that Jess isn't portrayed as pin up model hot anymore.

First of all, she can't be that in EVERY panel nor do I want her to be. Secondly, again, the comparison given are two VERY different perspectives within each story.

I still find her sexy. No she's not being the mysterious dark angel because she's moved on from that (because thanks Veranke you outed Jessicas identity not the world) and has a hell of a lot going on right now.

Also I realize I'm being baited but whatever.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-19-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I don't see it but whatever. He's a black belt in kung fu. I'm pretty sure he knows how a body moves in combat and how to portray emotion in body language.

I feel like the comparison given is people being upset that Jess isn't portrayed as pin up model hot anymore.

First of all, she can't be that in EVERY panel nor do I want her to be. Secondly, again, the comparison given are two VERY different perspectives within each story.

I still find her sexy. No she's not being the mysterious dark angel because she's moved on from that (because thanks Veranke you outed Jessicas identity not the world) and has a hell of a lot going on right now.

Also I realize I'm being baited but whatever.
    Unfair?

There's tons of panels with goofy Jessica.
    But he's a "Black Belt", he knows how a body moves...

You dont liked Siqueira's artwork, that's ok.

But just respect my opinion.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

You're right, I am not a fan of Siquerira's work, but you don't see me complaining about it all the time. We understand you don't like Pere Perez, and that's allowed but all you talk about in this thread anymore is how much you hate his artwork.

The example you gave I felt was unfair. You picked on panel where Jess is depicted in the distance so yes, she's going to look small and a little scribbled. Then you compare it to this picture where Jess is making this grand entrance since it's her first time in the costume in a very long time. It's two completely different perspectives and I feel it's an unfair comparison. So yes, I am going to speak up about that so people who read this thread understand the context of each panels you posted in the event they haven't read either issue.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-19-2020 at 06:22 PM.

This is wrong. This is a pinup model.
    wrong.jpg

This is correct.
    man or woman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You're right, I am not a fan of Siquerira's work, but you don't see me complaining about it all the time. We understand you don't like Pere Perez, and that's allowed but all you talk about in this thread anymore is how much you hate his artwork.

The example you gave I felt was unfair. You picked on panel where Jess is depicted in the distance so yes, she's going to look small and a little scribbled. Then you compare it to this picture where Jess is making this grand entrance since it's her first time in the costume in a very long time. It's two completely different perspectives and I feel it's an unfair comparison. So yes, I am going to speak up about that so people who read this thread understand the context of each panels you posted in the event they haven't read either issue.
    Just say nothing, ok.

Astonishing Member

When I make a comment -- it's not directed at anyone in this thread. Just sharing my perspective. In some panels, Jess looks like she has a beer belly. I think Siquiera's art actually is too cheesecake. Perez's version, however is just kinda blah. I noted that in one of his flashbacks to when Jess was working for Hydra, he drew Jess's arms very frail and tiny. Anatomy seems to be his weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    When I make a comment -- it's not directed at anyone in this thread. Just sharing my perspective. In some panels, Jess looks like she has a beer belly. I think Siquiera's art actually is too cheesecake. Perez's version, however is just kinda blah. I noted that in one of his flashbacks to when Jess was working for Hydra, he drew Jess's arms very frail and tiny. Anatomy seems to be his weakness.
    Same here, unlike some other peoples.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    This is wrong. This is a pinup model.
    wrong.jpg

This is correct.
    man or woman.jpg
    Hello Winterboy,

Here's where I empathise with some of your points:

Art/art style is important. It can make you decide to read or not want to read a comic - I like the current roster on Avengers but I can't live with the current artist (forgotten his name) so I left that series.

Pere Perez does seem to draw anatomy quite odd at times, draws Jess awkwardly at times..

But - overall his art on Spiderwoman is ok in my opinion. It hasn't distracted me and prevented me from wanting to continue reading the series...I've seen worse..I've had to get on with Humberto Ramos before on Spiderman (those elbows and feet!), although I think he's improved slightly, lately..

Back to Pere Perez...where I diverge from you is that as you push your argument against his artwork it seems you're going into the territory of "how a woman should look" - your latest pics, "man or woman?"...and you seem to infer that Jess in particular must always look like in those more glamorous pics, with shall we say a more "fuller figure".....you don‘t comment on the artwork/anatomy by Perez of the other characters..does Carol look alright to you? Does Jess' mum/niece/brother look ok?

Don't get me wrong I love when female characters are drawn by say Greg Land, Adam Hughes (I got the Land variant of Spiderwoman #5) for example...and I do have favourite artists that almost make me always buy a comic drawn by them (glad Bagley's back on Spidey).....ultimately I'm saying Perez doesn't stop me enjoying Spiderwoman, the plot so far is interesting, Karla Pacheco is doing ok with her spin on things and I'm enjoying the series...plus I want to support it because I want to support the character, keep Jess in her own book for a good run...I know you do too, so I hope you change your mind about dropping the book and persevere despite Perez' "glitches".

Best Wishes

Jon
    Last edited by SplinteringHeart; 11-20-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Hello Winterboy,

Here's where I empathise with some of your points:

Art/art style is important. It can make you decide to read or not want to read a comic - I like the current roster on Avengers but I can't live with the current artist (forgotten his name) so I left that series.

Pere Perez does seem to draw anatomy quite odd at times, draws Jess awkwardly at times..

But - overall his art on Spiderwoman is ok in my opinion. It hasn't distracted me and prevented me from wanting to continue reading the series...I've seen worse..I've had to get on with Humberto Ramos before on Spiderman (those elbows and feet!), although I think he's improved slightly, lately..

Back to Pere Perez...where I diverge from you is that as you push your argument against his artwork it seems you're going into the territory of "how a woman should look" - your latest pics, "man or woman?"...and you seem to infer that Jess in particular must always look like in those more glamorous pics, with shall we say a more "fuller figure".....you don‘t comment on the artwork/anatomy by Perez of the other characters..does Carol look alright to you? Does Jess' mum/niece/brother look ok?

Don't get me wrong I love when female characters are drawn by say Greg Land, Adam Hughes (I got the Land variant of Spiderwoman #5) for example...and I do have favourite artists that almost make me always buy a comic drawn by them (glad Bagley's back on Spidey).....ultimately I'm saying Perez doesn't stop me enjoying Spiderwoman, the plot so far is interesting, Karla Pacheco is doing ok with her spin on things and I'm enjoying the series...plus I want to support it because I want to support the character, keep Jess in her own book for a good run...I know you do too, so I hope you change your mind about dropping the book and persevere despite Perez' "glitches".

Best Wishes

Jon
    Dropped the book and this thread.

But thanks for your words, my friend.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Mike Deodato's instagram giving me "hot cocoa with tiny marshmallows on a snowy day" flashback feels.
    Attached Images Attached Images