Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I’m so hyped for it. It was very kinetic, and action heavy. Here are a few avatars for my Jessheads Attachment 94675Attachment 94676Attachment 94677
    Agree, writing crisp, art good, loved the last artists take. Series seems to be in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'd keep it here, since this is were the Appreciation Thread is, and more people see Jess (myself included) separate from Spidey anyway.
    I do as well but I still check out her book nice first issue my knowledge of her is limited however
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    what does the dice cut variant look like under the first cover?
    Sorry for late reply.

90863E7B-0A74-444E-9702-05656B39A626.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    don't sweat it
    thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Spattered blood effect. NICE.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Attachment 94657

"The stretch is fine"

Priceless....
    Jess reminds me of some of the women that I know from my gym. To paraphrase them, they could wear baggy sweats to the gym, but they want to see and enjoy the results of working out more than anyone. So yeah, the stretch is fine. The added benefit is that it encouraged my wife to join me at the gym more often.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Jess reminds me of some of the women that I know from my gym. To paraphrase them, they could wear baggy sweats to the gym, but they want to see and enjoy the results of working out more than anyone. So yeah, the stretch is fine. The added benefit is that it encouraged my wife to join me at the gym more often.
    That's cool.

I need to join my wife at the gym.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    That's cool.

I need to join my wife at the gym.
    When this pandemic passes, I strongly recommend it. I tease my wife about joining simply to keep the friendly, younger women in check and mark her territory, but the truth is I love having her there. It's just another way for us to share constructive interests and strengthen our bond as we're improving our health. The really cool part is seeing all of the compliments that my wife gets. She joked about me bringing home a new girlfriend everyday, but I think I'm the one who should probably worry about her bringing home the new girlfriend(s).

Jenny Frisson Variant for issue #2

IMG_spaxt2.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 03-22-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Fantastic Member

What is Jessica's personality now?

It seemed that in her first series, in Wolverine (under Claremont) and even under Bendis, she wasn't really goofy - she was portrayed as either mysterious or just lost (confused / broken), but definitely a grown, serious adult. But in more recent years writers have seemed to be treating her as a new character - Carol's youthful 'gal pal', out-of-the-blue single mother… and in last week's SW #1, she was swearing all the time, all a little OOC for me. Am I off-base?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    What is Jessica's personality now?

It seemed that in her first series, in Wolverine (under Claremont) and even under Bendis, she wasn't really goofy - she was portrayed as either mysterious or just lost (confused / broken), but definitely a grown, serious adult. But in more recent years writers have seemed to be treating her as a new character - Carol's youthful 'gal pal', out-of-the-blue single mother… and in last week's SW #1, she was swearing all the time, all a little OOC for me. Am I off-base?
    she's swearing in SW1 mainly cuz of the suit and what it is doing to her

also, she's mellowed out quite a bit because of hanging with her friends, a lot of characters have.
    even the wolverines

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Jenny Frisson Variant for issue #2

IMG_spaxt2.jpg
    I wasnt a fan of many of her covers for Wonder Woman, but this is quite striking.

Picked up the 1st issue and I loved it. The art is on point and the story flows very well. Marla's writing is top level and she writes Jess well. I'm glad I got in on the ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    she's swearing in SW1 mainly cuz of the suit and what it is doing to her

also, she's mellowed out quite a bit because of hanging with her friends, a lot of characters have.
    even the wolverines
    Jess has come a long way since her original run, so I'd chalk it up to character development. Also, Jess has always been a swearer and a bit snarky...I never saw it as ooc here though she is in a tremendous amount of pain in issue #1.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wasnt a fan of many of her covers for Wonder Woman, but this is quite striking.
    Awesome illustration of an outfit I still can't stomach!