Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 911
  1. #721
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    spoilers:
    So what do you think is killing Jess? Also did anyone else find it interesting that Jess went from feeling like shit in issue 1 to feeling really good and getting a power boost in issue 2 even though it's killing her?
    end of spoilers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  2. #722
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    spoilers:
    So what do you think is killing Jess? Also did anyone else find it interesting that Jess went from feeling like shit in issue 1 to feeling really good and getting a power boost in issue 2 even though it's killing her?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A resurgence of the same radiation poisoning that necessitated her parents giving her spider-powers in her backstory, I believe. As for the power boost as an accidental byproduct of that radiation poisoning flaring up, it kind of reminds me of Kaine's clone degeneration coming with the side effect of making him taller, larger, and stronger than Peter Parker and Ben Reilly during the Clone Saga period.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #723
    Mighty Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    spoilers:
    So what do you think is killing Jess? Also did anyone else find it interesting that Jess went from feeling like shit in issue 1 to feeling really good and getting a power boost in issue 2 even though it's killing her?
    end of spoilers


    spoilers:
    I think Malus is responsible for the costume and put has something radioactive in it that is increasing her spider powers but making her sick.
    end of spoilers

  4. #724
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thank you for fully refreshing my memory. Curious about where the name Ariadne came from, though.
    I've always wondered that myself. There is an Ariadne in Greek mythology, but no connection to spiders that I am aware of so I don't see any particular reason she'd choose it as a code name.

  5. #725
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22,849

    Default

    Because ancient Greek myths were orally transmitted, like other myths, that of Ariadne has many variations. According to an Athenian version, Minos attacked Athens after his son was killed there. The Athenians asked for terms and were required to sacrifice 7 young men and 7 maidens to the Minotaur every 7 or 9 years. One year, the sacrificial party included Theseus, the son of King Aegeus, who volunteered to kill the Minotaur. Ariadne fell in love with him at first sight and provided him a sword and ball of thread (ο Μίτος της Αριάδνης, "Ariadne's string") so that he could retrace his way out of the labyrinth of the Minotaur.
    Ariadne's string is probably the explanation.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariadne
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #726
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I've always wondered that myself. There is an Ariadne in Greek mythology, but no connection to spiders that I am aware of so I don't see any particular reason she'd choose it as a code name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ariadne's string is probably the explanation.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariadne
    Thanks, Digifiend. Kind of reminds me of the Egyptian goddess Neith, who was also somewhat connected to spiders as a "weaver of fate."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  7. #727
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    spoilers:
    I think Malus is responsible for the costume and put has something radioactive in it that is increasing her spider powers but making her sick.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think it's Malus. Karla has been drawing heavily from Spider-Woman Origin by Bendis. I'm thinking it's her dad - we never saw Viper actually KILL him. We just assumed. But what is she just shot him so that he couldn't fight or struggle as they dragged him away? Either that or maybe Taskmaster is messing with her because we know he's still out there.

    Hell. Maybe it's Kindred since Jess has been dragged into that event.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Seren; 06-27-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  8. #728
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You're welcome! It's not looking good for her, but I'm excited to see where Karla takes her.

    There are 3 titles that come out July 15th that feature Jess:

    1. Spider-Woman #2
    2. Strikeforce #8
    3. Captain Marvel #17 (and she's got a prominent role in the arc after this one shot issue)
    Would love to see Jessica make a recurring guest spot in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. This would bring a lot of Spider-readers to her book. Jessica and Peter are friends. This would be a great moment to see their collaboration in fighting crime. Marvel has excluded Spider-Man from The Avengers, Captain Marvel, and the X-Men. It makes no sense at all...

  9. #729
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    We know darthfury. And some may agree with you while others do not.

    I don't mind the occasional team up once in awhile but one of the things I like most about Jess is that she has absolutely NOTHING to do with Parker.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

  10. #730
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    We know darthfury. And some may agree with you while others do not.

    I don't mind the occasional team up once in awhile but one of the things I like most about Jess is that she has absolutely NOTHING to do with Parker.
    I agree. I'd like to keep Spider-Woman in her own universe, so to speak. I don't want Peter showing up with any regularity in Jessica's book.

    That said, I get that this is a business. It wouldn't be the first time that Marvel did something just to turn a profit that fans hated.

  11. #731
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I agree. I'd like to keep Spider-Woman in her own universe, so to speak. I don't want Peter showing up with any regularity in Jessica's book.

    That said, I get that this is a business. It wouldn't be the first time that Marvel did something just to turn a profit that fans hated.
    I would like to see Peter show up in a non Spider-Man role where he uses his intellect to help Jessica out by creating Spider-Equipment that's designed to work with her Venom Blast. My vision for Peter appearing in Carol or Jessica's world is for him to use his scientific background to help. This is a good example of Peter's contribution as we never see him use his gifted mind outside of Spider-Man's world. The reason why I want to see Jessica appear in Spider-Man's world on a reoccurring basis is because her origin doesn't cross paths with Parker. Having Jessica appear in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man will ensure that readers are introduced to Jessica Drew, as well as learn that her origin has nothing to do with his. This is why Jessica and Peter get along very well. Especially now that Jessica can look past Parker's wisecracks to see his true persona, which matches her own. This is the reason why Jessica Drew now understands Parker outside of The Avengers.

    While I agree that Spider-Man should not appear in Jessica's book regularly, there is nothing wrong with having (non Spider-Man) Parker show up in a cameo spot (talking to Jessica about their shared interests that's not Spider related). Jessica does that with Carol all the time and vice versa in a shared cameo. I would love to see a few underused Spider-Man rogues become part of Jessica's rogues like Mister Negative, Morlun, Morbius and Hobgoblin..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 06-29-2020 at 01:04 AM.

  12. #732
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    We know darthfury. And some may agree with you while others do not.

    I don't mind the occasional team up once in awhile but one of the things I like most about Jess is that she has absolutely NOTHING to do with Parker.
    I understand. I feel that the best way to ensure that Spider-Woman doesn't get cancelled is for Jessica to become a reoccurring guest in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, which should not be a crossover at all. The reason for this is to get the Spider-readers to support the Spider-Woman solo series. If the readers see a development of Jessica's friendship with Parker that is based on their shared experiences with working together, the reader will understand that her origin doesn't coincide with his own.

    Deadpool has nothing to do with Spider-Man. Yet, their team-up series sells. I'm not saying that there should be a Spider-Man and Spider-Woman ongoing. Aside from Black Cat, Jessica friendship with Parker has the potential to rival that, as far as being a reoccurring guest is concerned in Amazing Spider-Man...

  13. #733
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    106

    Default

    The way I see it, it's more like you want to make Peter into something lesser than the hero he is. Even if I agree that he should at least make a guest appearance in one issue of Spider-Woman, Peter has more important fights, and troubles to concern himself with. Not just as himself, but also as Spider-Man. Let Jessica Drew be her own hero, while Peter does the same. If anything, both Jessica and Peter should be like their own origins; as Seren said, having nothing to do with one another. Don't assume that having the name "Spider", and being involved in Spider-Verse means that they're meant to be working together a lot.

    Also, as of her recent issue, she's too pissed off to get help, and on Peter's end, he already has a handful. I don't mind an issue where they jokingly go at one another, and then duke it out, but that's about it.

  14. #734
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    The way I see it, it's more like you want to make Peter into something lesser than the hero he is. Even if I agree that he should at least make a guest appearance in one issue of Spider-Woman, Peter has more important fights, and troubles to concern himself with. Not just as himself, but also as Spider-Man. Let Jessica Drew be her own hero, while Peter does the same. If anything, both Jessica and Peter should be like their own origins; as Seren said, having nothing to do with one another. Don't assume that having the name "Spider", and being involved in Spider-Verse means that they're meant to be working together a lot.

    Also, as of her recent issue, she's too pissed off to get help, and on Peter's end, he already has a handful. I don't mind an issue where they jokingly go at one another, and then duke it out, but that's about it.
    I wouldnt go that far, hes pretty much stuck in new york handling the daily grind and sharing the same villains the avengers share and mostly teama up on and beating c listers that anyone from his spider alliea and daredevil types can also take on.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 06-29-2020 at 04:45 AM.

  15. #735
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,605

    Default

    The one good thing about the quarantine is that rarely a day goes by without someone posting great art. I may never go back to work ever again. Here's Jessica courtesy of Jim Cheung.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •