Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I'm really trying to like this new costume.

IMG_20200101_223032119.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Lookin good!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really dislike the webs. This looks like it’d look better on Silk, than Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really dislike the webs. This looks like it’d look better on Silk, than Jessica.
    Couldn't agree more!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Big fan of Pete’s, not sure about the costume. I mean, the last one was fine. Just use this mask, and get rid of the glasses. Hopefully his art will change my mind on it.
    Seeing that image with the Spider-Man webs was enough to confirm my dislike of this change. Dreadful decision on Disney Marvel's part.
    Last edited by kcekada; 01-01-2020 at 08:23 PM.

I know I saide this in the previous thread, but the amount of Variants for Jessica's series is crazy. Issue # has 14 Variants (include a 1:200 and 1:500), and then 20+? variants spread across other series.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I really dislike the webs.
    I'm with you there. If they're going to give her a web design, then at least make it a distinct pattern from the Spidey version. Spider-Man's webs are usually the "sheet web" variety. I would do a spiral or "orb web" type design for Jessica. That's if I had to do webs at all on her costume, which I still think is up for debate. (Google those if you want to see what I mean about the different types of spider's web.)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm really trying to like this new costume.

IMG_20200101_223032119.jpg
    Julia's costume is much better.

IMG_20200103_020639580.jpg

That's fine. I get no one likes it. But I've decided I like the new one myself. I'm excited for new series..it sounds spectacular. Marvel is doing a crap ton of Variants for it, the clearly think this book is going to be amazing.

Hopefully the book will be amazing and if enough write to mheroes@marvel.com asking to change the costume back, it may happen.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-03-2020 at 10:25 AM.

For Jessica you'll also want to write to SpideyOffice@Marvel.com since she was moved to that office in 2014.

They do read your emails. Honestly, can we please drop the new costume discussion now?

I feel like most of the people who complain dont really care about the character herself and just how she looks and I'm tired of it. Jess deserves better. Read the story and then make your judgements

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    For Jessica you'll also want to write to SpideyOffice@Marvel.com since she was moved to that office in 2014.

They do read your emails. Honestly, can we please drop the new costume discussion now?

I feel like most of the people who complain dont really care about the character herself and just how she looks and I'm tired of it. Jess deserves better. Read the story and then make your judgements
    I've been a Spider Woman fan for a long time but I don't see new fans with less rights than you or me.
    Also, this is a place for debate and I have a right to like the the new costume or not.

I definitely don't like it. The story is another matter.

You do. Also, I know you love Jess. And I have my concerns about the suit too, but I'm also thinking that it's not going to stop me from reading a series of a character I love ( I haven't seen you say that, but I've seen others). I'm thinking hey, I'm going in with an open mind and maybe I'll grow to like it.

I'm just tired of this discourse. This is what..the second costume change Jess has had in 42 years? So many other characters have had more costume changes than I can count. Why are people so resistant to change? What's wrong with letting a character grow and change?

I care more about the fact that Jess is getting another solo than what she's wearing. If the writing and art are good, then I'm good.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-03-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Why are people so resistant to change?
    I have nothing against change, I just don't like the new design

I care more about the fact that Jess is getting another solo.
    Now we are together!

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Kill the new costume, please.