Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Kind of a cheat doing Carol twice. And shouldn't the older costume be labelled Ms. Marvel?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Another interview with Karla, as well as some art from Spider-Woman #2
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Punch the Rhino?

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Some things Karla mentioned on her Instagram Live today:

Spider-Woman #5 wraps up arc #1 and will be Legacy issue #100 (For Jessica as Spider-Woman) so they got some big Secrets planned.

They have quite a few things planned beyond the first arc

The response to issue #1 was fantastic and there will be a letters page for issue #3 (issue two was already put to printer by the time #1 came out).

From the sounds of it, Spider-Woman IS NOT a series being put on hold by Marvel bc of response to issue 1.
    Last edited by Seren; 04-10-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post

Spider-Woman #5 wraps up arc #1 and will be Legacy issue #100 (For Jessica as Spider-Woman) so they got some big Secrets planned.

The response to issue #1 was fantastic and there will be a letters page for issue #3 (issue two was already put to printer by the time #1 came out).

From the sounds of it, Spider-Woman IS NOT a series being put on hold by Marvel bc of response to issue 1.
    Great news!

I wonder who's drawing the next arc.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

She didn't say anyone was changing? Sounds to me like it's still Pere Perez unless I'm missing something.

Edit: Karla just confirmed on Twitter that it's Pere on the second arc as well.
    Last edited by Seren; 04-10-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

100 issues? That's amazing!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Looking forward to the many issues coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

So what do you guys think of Jess with short haircut?
    One of the (many) things I liked about the Age of X design for Jessica as Redback was that it gave us the best of both worlds with a couple that allowed Jessica’s hair to be pulled back and tucked away to give the illustrious of functionality and Redback’s no-nonsense assassin nature.

I love Otto Schmidt.
    I too LOVE Otto Schmidt’s work. It straddles the whimsical cartoony quality of Andrade (who is a better SpiderWoman artist than a choice as Captain Marvel one)or Bret Blevins with the ethereal graphic artsy of a Jae Lee or Chris Bachalo.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-11-2020 at 06:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

Okay, I’ve been trying to do this... HOW is Jessica close to 100 issues? I have her in the high 80s with all her series...

Well. Marvel Spotlight 32, Original Series was 50 issues. Spider-Woman Annual 1, Then you have giant sized Spider-Woman (1 issue), Spider-Woman saga(1 issue) Spider-Woman origin (5 issues) Agent of SWORD (7 issues), Dennis Hallums run was was total of 27 issues.

That's..93. then Spider-Woman #1 brings you to 94. So I'm missing a couple of issues somewhere or I can't do math. Most likely both.
    Last edited by Seren; 04-11-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

So what do you guys think of Jess with short haircut?
    It's okay, but I prefer long. If she did cut her hair that short -- I wouldn't mind seeing her wearing the old skincap for a short period. The long hair, though, is very iconic -- and would eventually come back.

Fantastic Member

Well. Marvel Spotlight 32, Original Series was 50 issues. Spider-Woman Annual 1, Then you have giant sized Spider-Woman (1 issue), Spider-Woman saga(1 issue) Spider-Woman origin (5 issues) Agent of SWORD (7 issues), Dennis Hallums run was was total of 27 issues.

That's..93. then Spider-Woman #1 brings you to 94. So I'm missing a couple of issues somewhere or I can't do math. Most likely both.
    If they are including a British Annual, a digital saga refresher, a giant size special (when comparable one-shots never counted in any other series' totals) and a Marvel Spotlight issue… I give up.

Digifiend, any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    If they are including a British Annual, a digital saga refresher, a giant size special (when comparable one-shots never counted in any other series' totals) and a Marvel Spotlight issue… I give up.

Digifiend, any insight?
    I truly do not know what they are counting- Marvel hasn't said. The only thing that seems certain is issue 5 of this run of Spider-Woman is legacy 100. This is just how I'm inferring it and is just my opinion.

Fantastic Member

Has anyone read the Evolutionary War Annual back-up stories from 1988?

There is a ton of back story on Jonathan and Merriem Drew - wondering if it is worth hunting down, or what the key issues are (in terms of Jessica's parents)