Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1206

Ugh. Most of that was from issue 4, save for one thing. spoilers:
    Clone? What the actual hell? The preview doesn't even mention that, so where did that even come from?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-16-2020 at 04:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    DO NOT READ THAT ARTICLE before reading the issue! The text right under the headline contains a pretty HUGE spoiler of a major plot point (don't these things get edited/re-read a million times before going to print? WTF)
    I honestly didn't read the article just the preview butbi updated my post.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    That she is!

Also we are FINALLY getting Jess in Marvel Future Fight.
    Which is awesome, and I look forward to seeing how she's designed there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Is that artwork traced? Tony Stark is in the background, looking exactly as he does in the movies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that artwork traced? Tony Stark is in the background, looking exactly as he does in the movies.
    Maybe the tony part if a grab from one of the movies, but I don't think the rest of it is traced, no.

From the looks of it, however it happens, she'll be in a really bad place for a while, in more ways than one.

Just. Holy cow. The creative team quite literally did not pull any punches this issue. Those were some absolutely brutal fight scenes

Just. Holy cow. The creative team quite literally did not pull any punches this issue. Those were some absolutely brutal fight scenes
    Indeed. Very brutal, though I wish the reveal about Miriam Drew hadn't been spoiled already in the recap page.

Yeah that was kind of a bummer.

spoilers:
    I think that Jess finally, truly realized who her real family is. It was heart breaking to see that realization - i think a part of her wanted so desperately for her biological family to be alive and to find out that they are - but that she's only a means to an end for them. I think she'll still try to help Rebecca, but after this I don't think she'll want anything to do with Michael at least. I think Rebecca will stick around. And I think we are going to see some more Miriam and Jess clones down the line. Remember...she killed her clones in Origin, but that doesn't mean they didn't go out and make more. And the Solicitation for #8 has Jess working with Octavia
    end of spoilers

Yeah that was kind of a bummer.

spoilers:
    I think that Jess finally, truly realized who her real family is. It was heart breaking to see that realization - i think a part of her wanted so desperately for her biological family to be alive and to find out that they are - but that she's only a means to an end for them. I think she'll still try to help Rebecca, but after this I don't think she'll want anything to do with Michael at least. I think Rebecca will stick around. And I think we are going to see some more Miriam and Jess clones down the line. Remember...she killed her clones in Origin, but that doesn't mean they didn't go out and make more. And the Solicitation for #8 has Jess working with Octavia
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. Very sad.

Astonishing Member

Picked up issues 4 and 5 today. I scanned the pages, and am honestly considering dropping the book. Maybe the story will rise above the so so interior artwork and convince me to give it a few more issues. I don't think the artist is really great at drawing -- people, especially Jess. The backgrounds and tech are fine, but the shots of Jess and everyone else continue to be underwhelming. Yeah, I don't like (actually passionately dislike) the design of the new zoot suit -- and that doesn't help the situation. At times, however, Jess actually looks kinda frumpy? For me the visuals are at least 60% of why I collect a series -- writing is more like 40%. And with me not crazy about the art -- and the outfit -- I dont' know that i want to continue supporting this run.

Anyway, maybe after I actually read these two issues, I'll have a change of heart, but to date my expectations have not been met.

I'm sorry to hear that. Not every artist is for everyone but I'm loving it. I think Pere Perez draws amazing fight scenes and very expressive people.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Picked up issues 4 and 5 today. I scanned the pages, and am honestly considering dropping the book. Maybe the story will rise above the so so interior artwork and convince me to give it a few more issues. I don't think the artist is really great at drawing -- people, especially Jess. The backgrounds and tech are fine, but the shots of Jess and everyone else continue to be underwhelming. Yeah, I don't like (actually passionately dislike) the design of the new zoot suit -- and that doesn't help the situation. At times, however, Jess actually looks kinda frumpy? For me the visuals are at least 60% of why I collect a series -- writing is more like 40%. And with me not crazy about the art -- and the outfit -- I dont' know that i want to continue supporting this run.

Anyway, maybe after I actually read these two issues, I'll have a change of heart, but to date my expectations have not been met.
    You're not alone.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Not every artist is for everyone but I'm loving it. I think Pere Perez draws amazing fight scenes and very expressive people.
    The faces are expressive -- it's his anatomy work that is lacking.