Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Really enjoying the art that I'm discovering on Instagram. Here's a commission from Joel Gomez in La Muerta style.
    OH That's Rad!

Marvel posted about Jessica's Fiercest Foes
    Last edited by Seren; 07-13-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Jessica Drew appearances this week: Spider-Woman #2, Captain Marvel #17, and Strikeforce #8.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Really enjoying the art that I'm discovering on Instagram. Here's a commission from Joel Gomez in La Muerta style.
    Thanks, both of you. Good to know, and very awesome art there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I know she's teamed up with him, but has she ever fought Spider-Man in any story and how did that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know she's teamed up with him, but has she ever fought Spider-Man in any story and how did that turn out?
    She's fought him under mind control twice and was winning until Peter figured out why she was fighting him.

First time was when Peter didn't have spider-sense working and Julia needed to show Shang-Chi how much Peter relied on it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Hearing good things about issue #2

Here's another interview with Karla Pacheco, but most of it is stuff that's already been said I think.

Spectacular Member

She's fought him under mind control twice and was winning until Peter figured out why she was fighting him.

First time was when Peter didn't have spider-sense working and Julia needed to show Shang-Chi how much Peter relied on it.
    Spider-Man should definitely throw a beatdown with Spider-Woman (JD) in their one of their own issues soon

Really liked today's issue. I'll post spoilers later

Fantastic Member

Ugh. Bendis' Origin is canon.

Please explain what reality Marvel Spotlight #32 occurred in, please.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

I wouldn't be shocked if Bendis shows up at Marvel again soon. His Superman run isn't setting the world on fire. DiDio (his biggest supporter at DC) is canned.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Fantastic Member

Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?
    Well, for one thing, Bendis' retcon has not been reflected by the Official Handbooks of The Marvel Universe or Wikia Fandom's site.

Second, it was in a self contained mini series that made no attempt to explain whether it was in an alternate universe or 616. All we knew is that many of the events were in direct contradiction to the Archie Goodwin / Sal Buscema classic origin story. In the past when series like that happened with no regard or explanation, they were usually dismissed as an AU. (See the various Chapter One fiascos)

Extraordinary Member

Well, for one thing, Bendis' retcon has not been reflected by the Official Handbooks of The Marvel Universe or Wikia Fandom's site.

Second, it was in a self contained mini series that made no attempt to explain whether it was in an alternate universe or 616. All we knew is that many of the events were in direct contradiction to the Archie Goodwin / Sal Buscema classic origin story. In the past when series like that happened with no regard or explanation, they were usually dismissed as an AU. (See the various Chapter One fiascos)
    So Bova is no longer in her origin? No Wundagore mountain?

Pacheco is clearly going for a merged origins. She referenced stuff from Bendis's here, but the cover of #4 shows High Evolutionary's Wundragore Citadel. So I hope she will finally clean things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Pacheco is clearly going for a merged origins. She referenced stuff from Bendis's here, but the cover of #4 shows High Evolutionary's Wundragore Citadel. So I hope she will finally clean things up.
    I think she plans to clean up and build on. Origin left some loose threads and I have a feeling she's going to tie a few up. Also, in the interview I linked above, she is working on issue #7.

Fantastic Member

The good news is that Jessica's origin is so mired in dreams, Modred's manipulations, Morgan's interference, Hydra false memories, etc. that a soft reboot retcon by a skilled writer is possible.

What is harder is when you have parallel story beats - unaffected by memories memory implants or magic (eg: Vermis being killed) - with very different onscreen executions.
    Either way, this will be interesting.