Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Really? No Legacy Numbering? Spider-Ham gets it, but vol 7 of a character dating back to 1977 gets just a big old fat #1?

I was really hoping they could untangle the mess of her publication legacy and put to rest if Julia or Mattie's series 'count'.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Man that is the best SW costume ever..

That's Captain Marvel though not Spider-Woman.

Also, in regards to the Spider-Woman movie rumor... apparently the new rumor is Feige is now involved. And if that's the case, sign me the hell up.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

2C46B914-5B39-4F93-A9BB-15FCCF3FD8F9.jpg

That’s gorgeous. I officially like this costume and can’t wait for Wednesday

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post

Still not sold on it, but that is definitely one of if not the best rendering of the new suit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Really? No Legacy Numbering? Spider-Ham gets it, but vol 7 of a character dating back to 1977 gets just a big old fat #1?

I was really hoping they could untangle the mess of her publication legacy and put to rest if Julia or Mattie's series 'count'.
    They shouldn't count.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Still not sold on it, but that is definitely one of if not the best rendering of the new suit.
    Yeah, it's a nice illustration of a not-very good outfit.

TOMORROW!! you can download from Marvel directly or the comixology app!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Am I the only one who loved Jess' bizarre tone back in the day? When she faced people like Daddy Longlegs, Night Shift and Morgan Le Fey, it seemed like she always attracted villains with a dark, supernatural bent. Which makes total sense after Morgan tells Jess that when she was born on Wundagore mountain, that place's eldritch energies (due to it being the prison of Chthon) "laced" Jessica with weird vibes. I truly WOULD LOVE to see Dansen Macabre, Gypsy Moth, Nekra, and the Brothers Grimm being updated in terrifyingly badass ways.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Am I the only one who loved Jess' bizarre tone back in the day? When she faced people like Daddy Longlegs, Night Shift and Morgan Le Fey, it seemed like she always attracted villains with a dark, supernatural bent. Which makes total sense after Morgan tells Jess that when she was born on Wundagore mountain, that place's eldritch energies (due to it being the prison of Chthon) "laced" Jessica with weird vibes. I truly WOULD LOVE to see Dansen Macabre, Gypsy Moth, Nekra, and the Brothers Grimm being updated in terrifyingly badass ways.
    I’m for all of that too.

Spider-Woman vol 1 was a a bit of a combination of 70’s Marvel Horror with Superhero.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’m for all of that too.

Spider-Woman vol 1 was a a bit of a combination of 70’s Marvel Horror with Superhero.

I absolutely loved that first Spider-Woman book, bar none.
    And interestinly enough, I loved the 70s Marvel horror-ish stories as much as the way that later on Chris Claremont made it more of a traditional superhero comic book (but still fully integrated Morgan Le Fey as Jessica's biggest villain back then). It never seemed like any of those aesthetics clashed, and that is why I feel that Jessica is one of Marvel's most underutilized, underrated superheroes. I also feel that in the MCU, she could truly become a superb link between the superhero and horror aspects of the universe (although it now seems that Wanda and Dr. Stange will have that role, which I don't mind). I still hope for Jessica to make her way into the MCU or the Sony spiderverse somehow.
    I also feel that Jessica, with her vast background in espionage, should have been the female spider-themed Avenger that was used in the Avengers film (although I would NOT have liked her to get killed like Black Widow was in Endgame).

Now, If that rumour about Feige being interested in tackling Spider-Woman has some truth to it, I am cautiously optimistic. Even if I am not a huge fan of everything that the MCU has brought us, I still have tremendous respect for their incredible accomplishments in making comic book properties such a potent part of pop culture and making all things superhero so popular. Even if they don't make an MCU Jessica that I love, I will still be happy that they make her a cinematic commodity, and we both know that one thing that the MCU brand does well is taking any superhero, even obscure ones (Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man) and turning them into inescapable, beloved properties that can be found on knapsacs, notebooks, and bespreads on every Walmart in America. And yes, I would love if that happened to Jessica Drew.

Reviews are rolling in and so far they're pretty good.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post

Who’s the artist?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

The artist on that Variant is Derrick Chew.