Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

My take on it is that she doesn't feel good being a hero for hire -- so the black suit reflects that -- it doesn't look good, and she doesn't feel good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    For the record, Karla Pacheco is going by Bendis Spider-Woman Origin and building on that rather than the origin from her original series.
    Expected, but disappointing!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Expected, but disappointing!
    Ugh. Totally agree! This is not promising, but we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Ugh. Totally agree! This is not promising, but we’ll see.
    Well she is having Jess go back to Wundagore so there's that. And who knows she may pull stuff from her original origins too. If there's one thing I learned from Karla Pacheco is get ready for some surprises.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Well she is having Jess go back to Wundagore so there's that. And who knows she may pull stuff from her original origins too. If there's one thing I learned from Karla Pacheco is get ready for some surprises.
    Hoping for the best. Some of the Wundagore stuff In “Origin” was vague enough to turn sh*t into sugar as they say. As long as we avoid the parts about her father and the groupies he dressed in the Spider-Woman costume, I’m a step closer to happiness.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-02-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    You've won me over!
    Attachment 95126
    That's frikkin' awesome!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

For the record, Karla Pacheco is going by Bendis Spider-Woman Origin and building on that rather than the origin from her original series.
    Not surprised. If a character has been around long enough their origin will be reworked and built upon by subsequent writers. That goes double for cinematic productions, where sometimes the origin is reimagined to the point where only a few basic elements remain.

Maybe an idea for a new thread: If you had total amnesia and were tasked with designing Spider-Woman today without any prior knowledge of the character or her history, what would Jessica be like...from personality, to personal history, to how she got her powers, to costume, etc.? Not that I would want amnesia, but I'd love the challenge of designing a Spider Woman character for the first time. The only thing that I can tell you for a certainty is that her costume would be nothing like Spider-Man's. I like the idea of her being her own woman, separate and distinct from the Spidey family.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That's frikkin' awesome!
    Thanks, my friend.

I really loved her as Jess.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I love her original origin but I also love her Bendis-written new origin. I feel that maybe Karla will somehow integrate both into a cohesive narrative. I would certainly love that. And please...please please bring back Morgan Le fey!!

Jessica fighting X-Man in (old series) New Mutants.

Jess fighting.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I love her original origin but I also love her Bendis-written new origin. I feel that maybe Karla will somehow integrate both into a cohesive narrative. I would certainly love that. And please...please please bring back Morgan Le fey!!
    I don't think you're wrong about Karla integrating the two origins. She's also got ng to be expanding them from the sounds of it which I can't wait to see.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Weird. I knew this but didn’t KNOW this. Jessica Drew is the only super heroine to have her own animated show. ONLY. Wowsers.
    https://www.aintitcool.com/masked-ma...r-woman-82358/

Yup. Jess was created bc another company wanted to do a Spider-Woman cartoon. Big part of why she got her own series. But it's a crime that no other ladies got a similar opportunity.

That said, EVERYONE should watch the Spider-Woman animated series. It's ridiculous in the best way.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Yup. Jess was created bc another company wanted to do a Spider-Woman cartoon. Big part of why she got her own series. But it's a crime that no other ladies got a similar opportunity.

That said, EVERYONE should watch the Spider-Woman animated series. It's ridiculous in the best way.
    That is actually what I've been doing today in fact!