Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Very pleasantly surprised by the artwork. Helps alleviate some of the bitterness with the new suit.
    Yeah, the art is really good. The costume is slowly winning me over.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That is a very solid design. I'd prefer a red mask -- so there is contrast with her hair, but otherwise -- very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Spider Woman redesign by Jordan Gibson..

Attachment 93473
    As usual, fans do a better job than what the professionals do. Agreed that the mask should be red.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    The costume is slowly winning me over.
    I'm almost resigned to it, but then someone will do their version of Jess in her old costume and I'm back to square one. It's almost like there should be a support group or something for her old costume. If you go a week without thinking about it, you get a token.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member

It makes me wonder why there are so many newly released concurrent images / variants that are stressing the original costume.
    You would think for at least for marketing consistency sake - they would be pushing the new look exclusively?
    Almost seems like they are on the fence themselves.

I really dislike the Campbell Variant. Looks like Jess has to pee or something. But then again, I just actively dislike Campbell. I'd have happily traded him for just about anyone else. While I'm happy there are so many Variants and Jess is getting a big push, I'm legit bummed we didn't get a Jen Bartel, Laura Braga or Stephanie Hans cover. Though we ARE getting a Jenny Frisson Variant for issue number 2.

The new costume is part of the plot according to Karla Pacheco and has some secrets built into it. That said, the new costume was already in the works by the time she was brought into the series.
    Last edited by Seren; 02-23-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    But then again, I just actively dislike Campbell.
    A sentiment that I hear more frequently these days. It's funny how an artist's reception changes over time. I remember when he was considered one the major up and coming artists. But artistic style, like music, has a much more finite epoch than we'd like to believe.

Sometimes, he will do a cover I like and then I go "Ok, why can't he do this all the time" - like the Spider-Women crossover connecting variants. Those were cool. And I realize Pin Up art is his thing and there's a place for that. But he doesn't seem like a nice guy from what I've seen on Twitter and just. He doesn't sit right with me.

Rian Gonzales does pin-up style stuff too (see my avatar) but overall she just seems like a nicer person and I enjoy her art style more? I dunno.
    Last edited by Seren; 02-23-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I totally get it. It's one of the reasons why I'm glad that we didn't have twitter and social media back when I first got into comics. I was a huge John Byrne fan, but I've never met him. I didn't even bother to try and meet him at the local comic book convention. And it's probably just as well, because I've heard stories that he could be quite the pompous ass**** at times. Never meet your heroes, as the saying goes.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Why haven’t they commissioned a Brooks variant yet?

Maybe if the book sells well, they will?

Marvel seems to be pushing it pretty hard (at least compared to the last series?) so hopefully, people get on board.

Playing around with Campbell's variant and getting fanfic ideas. (It must be my bedtime.) Has there ever been a "Reverse Spider-Woman" or evil alternate universe Jessica running around the MU?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Playing around with Campbell's variant and getting fanfic ideas. (It must be my bedtime.) Has there ever been a "Reverse Spider-Woman" or evil alternate universe Jessica running around the MU?
    She wasn't "evil" but Shadow Woman/Sepulchre had a dark version of Jessica's classic Spider-Woman costume. It seemed to imply some sort of link between them, but if there was one I don't think its ever been explored.

Your altered version of the Campbell variant ended up with a costume that strongly resembles one of Moonstone's costume designs though -- the costume she wore as part of Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts before moving over to his Dark Avengers.

There was a What If Jessica had succeded in killing Nick Fury but that's all I can think of

Wasn't that pirate Jessica Drew from Spider-Verse evil? And Jesse from Earth-65 who seemed evil, but was actually okay, just being coerced by Evil Silk.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm almost resigned to it, but then someone will do their version of Jess in her old costume and I'm back to square one. It's almost like there should be a support group or something for her old costume. If you go a week without thinking about it, you get a token.
    Spider Woman has the best costume of comics.

There's no need for change imo.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 02-24-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."