Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    She never had flight. That was something Veranke had and after Secret Invasion Jess went back to gliding per Agent of SWORD.

The Marvel booth at C2E2 has a HUGE Spider-Woman mural. It's glorious.
    Thanks. I never realized that.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

She never had flight. That was something Veranke had and after Secret Invasion Jess went back to gliding per Agent of SWORD.

The Marvel booth at C2E2 has a HUGE Spider-Woman mural. It's glorious.
    They sure weren't consistent with that, I remember some ASM issue right before Spider-Island where Jessica was blatantly flying when she left lol.

Then again, and unfortunately, characters' appearances in other comics often don't bother to deal with established stuff, well, if they did mentioned that Jessica really can't fly by that point at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Wade calling them OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    They sure weren't consistent with that, I remember some ASM issue right before Spider-Island where Jessica was blatantly flying when she left lol.

Then again, and unfortunately, characters' appearances in other comics often don't bother to deal with established stuff, well, if they did mentioned that Jessica really can't fly by that point at least.
    It was covered and mentioned in Agent of SWORD by Bendis and more recently both Spider-Woman and Dr. Strange by Dennis Hallum. That said, if someone wants to use a character for their series they should know their powers. And it could also be that an artist is depicting Jess Gliding and people not familiar with the character assume it's flight
    Last edited by Seren; 03-01-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

That might be part of it. I haven’t been all that interested in the MU consistently for years. I’d grab an issue or series if something grabbed me. I almost have the whole Spider-Geddon event, but haven’t sat down to read it, except for a few issues here or there. Hell, I don’t even own the whole Spider-Verse event, and only have the first issue of Hopeless’ Spider-Woman series. It’s something I want to collect, but unfortunately haven’t been able to get it yet.

And I haven’t read the Bendis/Maleev book since it came out, so the details on that story are murky for me at best.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Anyway, I’m always up for some recommendations by anyone. I’ve been a Jess fan since I first read Claremont’s run in the 80’s.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Read it all!

I say start with the Hopeless series and then work backwards. Secret Invasion, agent of Sword, Captain Marvel, Avengers Assemble, Ales Kots Secret Avengers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

It was covered and mentioned in Agent of SWORD by Bendis and more recently both Spider-Woman and Dr. Strange by Dennis Hallum.
    Good thing it's semi-consistent then, 'cause sometimes having any sort of consistency is a privilege lol.

That said, if someone wants to use a character for their series they should know their powers. And it could also be that an artist is depicting Jess Gliding and people not familiar with the character assume it's flight
    Nah, she just left while going upwards, so it couldn't be gliding, it also didn't look like she jumped since it didn't look like she made any effort, so they erroneously made her fly.

But hey, was just some random appearance, and it was only there to retcon Spidey into really struggling against other Spider-People so he has a reason to learn Spider-Fu, so I guess they didn't put much thought in Jessica there, hopefully no mistakes like that happen in her own comics.

Read it all!

I say start with the Hopeless series and then work backwards. Secret Invasion, agent of Sword, Captain Marvel, Avengers Assemble, Ales Kots Secret Avengers
    Bendis’ Avengers is part of the reason I left.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Then skip agent of Sword and Secret Invasion but I do recommend at least reading the wiki.

Then skip agent of Sword and Secret Invasion but I do recommend at least reading the wiki.
    I was with Marvel until Bendis went to X-Men. I dropped his Avengers after Reign and didn’t return to the Avengers until he left, then when Last Will of Professor X came out, I pretty much just picked up sporadically.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I just snatched up the two Hopeless runs, along with Slott’s Amazing volume that had Spider-Verse in it. I’m sure I’ll love it, as I did most things involving Jessïca.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I can't wait to hear what you think Shadowcat!

Women of Marvel interviewed both Karla Pacheco and Anne Nocenti on Spider-Woman (particularly on how Anne was hired to specifically kill of Jessica Drew in her original series)

Spider-Woman #1 variant cover total: 25 since Alex Ross decided 2 put pieces of his Marvelocity book as variants.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-03-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the link. Always looking for something to listen to at work!

Spider-Woman owns Strikeforce #7.

strikeforce spider woman.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."