Page 19 of 81 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Spider-Woman owns Strikeforce #7.

Attachment 94096
    The jacket and classic costume actually work well together .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The jacket and classic costume actually work well together .
    Agreed.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I can't wait to hear what you think Shadowcat!

Women of Marvel interviewed both Karla Pacheco and Anne Nocenti on Spider-Woman (particularly on how Anne was hired to specifically kill of Jessica Drew in her original series)

Spider-Woman #1 variant cover total: 25 since Alex Ross decided 2 put pieces of his Marvelocity book as variants.
    I have yet to pick up Marvelocity! I'll add that to my Amazon wishlist.

The podcast was interesting. Pacheco said that Jess isn't feeling much like a hero -- and thus, I assume, the decision to switch to her rather drab new outfit. I hope it doesn't last.

As someone who was following Jess's initial series (and loving the Claremont/Leiloha run), Nocenti's interview was rather illuminating. The aforementioned team was unable to right the ship, and the decision had been made to cancel the series --- and kill off the character (but maintain the means of resurrecting her later -- even if it was only as Jessica Drew and not as a full-fledged Spider-Woman). So Ann was hire right out of college to complete the series -- because no one else wanted it. I wasn't a big fan of her issues -- but it was by no mean the low point in the series (that would be the issues with surprisingly bad art from Trevor Von Eeden). I kenw Ann was one of the characters on the photo cover of issue 50, but fogot it was Tigra.

I'd love to see Tigra show up in Spider-Woman. Greer Grant (Tigra's human counterpart) and Jess could pass for sisters.
    Last edited by kcekada; 03-04-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Karla has said in other interviews that the costume was in the works before she even came onto the series. That said, she's worked the new suit into the story and gave Jess a reason for it. We get an extra 10 pages out of Spider-Woman #1 because of it.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if Tigra showed up in Spider-Woman. Karla is being very mum on any supporting cast/cameos Spider-Woman is going to have, so I'm really intrigued.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

So the new costume is editorial meddling then?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would seem so. But Karla is giving a reason as to why Jess has it. If I recall correctly, she ALSO mentioned that the suit has some surprises? Might be wrong.

Here is Karla on a DND Livestream from last night. She talks a bit about Octavia Vermis.
    Last edited by Seren; 03-04-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't know if it's editorial --- or someone higher up. I would think the latter who is recklessly doing it as a means to make the character more identifiable as part of Spider-Man's extended family.

Immortal Hulk variant cover by Patrick Zircher.

zircher spider woman.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I love that cover so much. Probably my second favorite after the DareDevil one by Del Mundo.

2 WEEKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I love that cover so much. Probably my second favorite after the DareDevil one by Del Mundo.

2 WEEKS!!!
    Yeah.

I really would like to see Patrick Zircher drawing Jessica someday.

That would be cool. I'd love for Carmen Carnero to draw a Jess on going - though Pere Perrez looks to be hitting it out of the park.

Astonishing Member

I saw a recent issue of Savage Avengers with Zircher art. It looked good, so I picked up and enjoyed the story. Have to say -- the name was a turn off -- otherwise I may have tried it sooner.

I need to pick that up.

1 and half weeks to go.

Astonishing Member

I recently order Alex Ross's Marvelocity at a deep discount from Amazon. You can tell that Ross is a big fan of Spider-Woman -- as she appears in the pullout spread in the inside of the cover along with icons such as Thing, Jean Grey, Red Skull, Dr. Strange and Iron Man. The image is so iconic -- I just don't get why they are monkeying with her look yet again.

SPIDER-WOMAN Relaunch Weaves a Web of New Foes, Old Threats - and No SKRULLS

https://www.newsarama.com/49354-spid...interview.html

jess black.jpg