Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm with you there. If they're going to give her a web design, then at least make it a distinct pattern from the Spidey version. Spider-Man's webs are usually the "sheet web" variety. I would do a spiral or "orb web" type design for Jessica. That's if I had to do webs at all on her costume, which I still think is up for debate. (Google those if you want to see what I mean about the different types of spider's web.)
    Orb web? You mean like Silk's costume?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Not bad, and I say that as someone who's more than willing to give anything with Jessica Drew in it a fair shot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well I can't stand her new costume. It makes her look like a derivative of Peter when they hardly share anything in common. I actually liked Kris Anka's jacket costume, didn't even mind the mask. Spider woman.jpg

But her classic is a classic for a reason. And she needs the super long hair too.
    Spiderwoman2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Well I can't stand her new costume. It makes her look like a derivative of Peter when they hardly share anything in common. I actually liked Kris Anka's jacket costume, didn't even mind the mask. Spider woman.jpg

But her classic is a classic for a reason. And she needs the super long hair too.
    Spiderwoman2.jpg
    Yeah, that's been my main gripe with it, too. Take off the webs and add some more red or yellow, maybe keep her unique symbol instead of making a spider symbol, and it would be a good, if not even great, costume.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I've been a Spider Woman fan for a long time but I don't see new fans with less rights than you or me.
    Also, this is a place for debate and I have a right to like the the new costume or not.

I definitely don't like it. The story is another matter.
    What would get me to support Jessica's book is for Peter Parker to become a reoccurring guest/cameo and vice versa. No crossovers. In turn, I want to see Jessica work alongside Black Cat. This would get me to buy into the stories if they can be ripped from the headlines...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

Spiderwoman2.jpg
    That can change. Just like Jessica's friendship with Carol Danvers that never happened in the original 50 issue run on Spider-Woman. Jessica and Peter do have a lot in common which is they are both loners. Also, they share the tragedy of losing their parents respectively. If Jessica could be a reoccurring guest in the pages of ASM, we might finally see some development as was done with Black Cat. In fact, I can't why Marvel won't let Black Cat be in the pages of Hawkeye as Clint's ally...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Seeing that image with the Spider-Man webs was enough to confirm my dislike of this change. Dreadful decision on Disney Marvel's part.
    Not really. While I'm not a fan of the new costume, this might be a way to get more Spider-readers to support the book. Although, I do support Jessica solo series with little involvement by Spider-Man. What would work is for Peter to make a reoccurring guest appearance in a non Spider-Man role. It's been done before...

Write to MHEROES@MARVEL.COM and ask them to change it back.

Write to them every day.

spideyoffice@marvel.com Jess is under them now.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Not really. While I'm not a fan of the new costume, this might be a way to get more Spider-readers to support the book.

I stand by my statement -- because making her costume derivative of Spider-Man's isn't going to attract Spider-Man fans. And it's really odd that Carol Danvers -- who had a major connection to Captain Mar-Vell has changed to a costume that is not derivative of his -- and that Spider-Woman is going the other way --- when she has no connection to Peter Parker.

And beyond that -- the outfit is just not a good design. I mean -- black hair and black mask -- anyone who graduate from Design 101 would know that is a major mistake! I don't understand how it got approved.

Are all of the variant covers collected in one place everywhere? I'm so excited that she's getting this star treatment

Not yet. You can order them - the series are announced, but the artwork isn't available at this time.

Pere Perez posted a little be more artwork. Doesn't give much away.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-05-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

In case anyone was wondering about the full list of Variants:

For Spider-Woman #1 - there are a total of 3 1:25 but I can only recall one of them.

CLASSIC COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON
    NEW COSTUME COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON
    VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ARTGERM (1:500)
    VARIANT COVER BY KAARE ANDREWS
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY CARMINE INFANTINO
    VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO (1:25)
    VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
    VARIANT COVER BY BRUCE TIMM
    COLLAGE VARIANT COVER BY MR. GARCIN
    WEB VARIANT COVER (1:200)
    BLANK VARIANT COVER

Other Series:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #41 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by RYAN BROWN
    AVENGERS #32 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by MIKE McKONE with colors by ANDRES MOSSA
    AVENGERS #33 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by KHOI PHAM with colors by MORRY HOLLOWELL
    DEADPOOL #5 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by MIRKA ANDOLFO
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by DECLAN SHALVEY
    GHOST RIDER #6 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by JUNGGEUN YOON
    IMMORTAL HULK #32 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by PATCH ZIRCHER with colors by DAVE McCAIG
    IMMORTAL HULK #33 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by CORY SMITH with colors by MAT LOPES
    THOR #4 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by JAVIER GARRÓN with colors by DAVID CURIEL
    VENOM #24 SPIDER-WOMAN VARIANT by ROCK-HE KIM

Artwork not announced yet:

Daredevil #19 - Mike Del Mundo
    Black Cat #10 - TBA
    Dr. Doom #6 - Mike Mayhew
    Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda #7 - Iban Coello
    Morbius #5 - Pyeong Jun Park
    Miles Morales Spider-Man #16 - Pasqual Ferry
    Amazing Spider-Man #42 -Tony Daniel
    Valkyrie #9 - Audrey Mok
    Fantastic 4 #20 - Ema Lupacchino
    CaptainMarvel #16 - Dan Panosian
    Captain America #20 - Ben Caldwell
    Wovlerine #2 - Gerald Parel
    Last edited by Seren; 01-05-2020 at 03:30 PM.

I need a new computer. Nothing to see here.