Page 32 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I’m still scratching my head as to why the new suit is more appropriate for “Hero for Hire” jobs vs the Private Investigator costume or even the plain clothes Jessica Jones look if she’s doing a bodyguard gig.

In any case, flashing back to the previous time when Jessica was a HERO for HIRE (or at least hanging with them!)
    Art by Pasquale Ferry

05F375D1-DED9-462D-96A6-5B4A583B01DC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I’m still scratching my head as to why the new suit is more appropriate for “Hero for Hire” jobs vs the Private Investigator costume or even the plain clothes Jessica Jones look if she’s doing a bodyguard gig.
    I'm thinking she wants something that is more heroic than her PI outfit, but doesn't scream Super Hero like her classic outfit. It straddles that bridge between the two - I guess you could call her Business formal attire? Or as business formal as Jessica gets.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Also, I wonder which actress would play Jessica Drew well.
    I think there are a handful of actors that would do an amazing job, but my vote (this week) would be Jessica Biel. She has the acting chops for it, she's physically fit, she's been in the business for what seems like decades, she's pretty popular globally speaking, and she effortlessly comes across as both a strong woman and a sympathetic, endearing figure. The only catch is that she's not naturally raven haired, but that's easily fixed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I remember Jessica Drew reading as sort of pan-Asian in heritage. Probably a combination of the period back when Viper was being built up to be her mother,Merriam Drew and her heavy involvement in Madripoor. So I’ve never really shook the idea of a non-White actress as Jess on the big screen.
    Somewhere between Maggie Q and Priyanka Chopra...I even tried to force Kristin Kreuk in there for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    In the mighty Marvel tradition of Daredevil co-opting another franchises villain, which villain that is primarily associated with another franchise would you like to see become one of Jess’s regular antagonist?
    Not as an antagonist but I really would like to see Jess teaming up with Sephulcre (Shadow Woman).

shadow woman.jpg
    1.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 03-31-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I remember Jessica Drew reading as sort of pan-Asian in heritage. Probably a combination of the period back when Viper was being built up to be her mother,Merriam Drew and her heavy involvement in Madripoor. So I’ve never really shook the idea of a non-White actress as Jess on the big screen.
    Somewhere between Maggie Q and Priyanka Chopra...I even tried to force Kristin Kreuk in there for a bit.
    Maggie Q for me. bring her back in something Marvel for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Not as an antagonist but I really would like to see Jess teaming up with Sephulcre (Shadow Woman).

shadow woman.jpg
    1.jpg
    I’d love for someone to come up with a good story explaining why Jillian Woods (Sepulchre) initially wore a version Jessica’s original Spider-Woman costume when Woods started out as Shadowoman. Besides having EXCELLENT taste in costumes. :-p

Anyone else loving Baby Gerry all grown up wearing his momma’s original insignia in Captain Marvel:The End?
    (I would wear the F*CK outta a T-shirt like that, Marvel)

I wonder if he looks like his Daddy?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-01-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Anyone else loving Baby Gerry all grown up wearing his momma’s original insignia in Captain Marvel:The End?
    (I would wear the F*CK outta a T-shirt like that, Marvel)

I wonder if he looks like his Daddy?
    This issue SLAYED ME and I loved seeing Gerry all grown up and just a good guy.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I’d love for someone to come up with a good story explaining why Jillian Woods (Sepulchre) initially wore a version Jessica’s original Spider-Woman costume when Woods started out as Shadowoman. Besides having EXCELLENT taste in costumes. :-p

Some answers here....
    https://www.writeups.org/sepulchre-s...marvel-comics/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Maybe the Elder God, Chthon, has something to do with it? We know that Jessica spent her early childhood plus several decades in a medically induced chronal stasis at Wundagore Mountain, the erstwhile prison of Chthon. We also know that Jillian Woods was resurrected when Dr. Druid sold his soul to a demon named Slorioth. What if Slorioth was actually one of the many faces of Chthon? And what if during Jessica's decades long stasis Chthon had been psionically trying to seduce her to his dark will? Maybe go one step further and build up an entire romance that the two had on the mystical astral plane while Jessica was in her healing coma. Adding those slight tweaks to both origins provides one possible explanation. Primordial Elder God of Chaos Magic or not, Chthon fell hard for Jessica. When Jessica puts it on you, she really puts it on you! Dude is now hooked and has been jonesing for her ever since. As Slorioth, Chthon's attempt to resurrect Jillian in Jessica's image is just proof of his dark obsession.

For the record, Karla Pacheco is going by Bendis Spider-Woman Origin and building on that rather than the origin from her original series.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think there are a handful of actors that would do an amazing job, but my vote (this week) would be Jessica Biel. She has the acting chops for it, she's physically fit, she's been in the business for what seems like decades, she's pretty popular globally speaking, and she effortlessly comes across as both a strong woman and a sympathetic, endearing figure. The only catch is that she's not naturally raven haired, but that's easily fixed.
    You've won me over!
    Biel.jpg

Spider Woman by Adam Hughes.

AH.jpg