Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Weird. I knew this but didn’t KNOW this. Jessica Drew is the only super heroine to have her own animated show. ONLY. Wowsers.
    https://www.aintitcool.com/masked-ma...r-woman-82358/
    Harley Quinn just broke that long running title. Hopefully we’ll get some more though. The world is ready for more super heroine animated shows.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yup. Jess was created bc another company wanted to do a Spider-Woman cartoon. Big part of why she got her own series. But it's a crime that no other ladies got a similar opportunity.

That said, EVERYONE should watch the Spider-Woman animated series. It's ridiculous in the best way.
    I'd like to think that Jessica inspired Filmation's Web Woman cartoon. I don't know that for a fact, but if memory serves the cartoons came out around the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Harley Quinn just broke that long running title. Hopefully we’ll get some more though. The world is ready for more super heroine animated shows.
    Perhaps Jessica can hold onto the title a bit longer if you consider broadcast vs streaming...

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd like to think that Jessica inspired Filmation's Web Woman cartoon. I don't know that for a fact, but if memory serves the cartoons came out around the same time.
    By the accounts I’ve read WebWoman by Filmation was exactly the character Jessica Drew was invented to foil. Marvel’s Spider-Woman was rushed into production as a comic and cartoon to beat Filmation to the copyright for the name when Marvel got wind of their pending SpiderWoman cartoon character. And thus that character became WebWoman instead.

If you're a fan of the Kris Anka Uniform and Play Animal Crossing, here's a code for the Jacket:https://twitter.com/Defira85/status/...072598017?s=19
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Perhaps Jessica can hold onto the title a bit longer if you consider broadcast vs streaming...
    Not really that big of a difference, considering where the future of television is going.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quarantine: Day 11

I have nothing to do today.

jess and bobbi.jpg

Where are Clint and Natasha?
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Harley isn't a superheroine, she's a supervillain.

It's not really surprising about other superheroines not getting shows. Who'd want to do Batgirl or Supergirl when they can do yet another Batman series or a Superman one? And Marvel prefer to do teams instead of solos, except for Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-06-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Harley isn't a superheroine, she's a supervillain.

It's not really surprising about other superheroines not getting shows. Who'd want to do Batgirl or Supergirl when they can do yet another Batman series or a Superman one? And Marvel prefer to do teams instead of solos, except for Spider-Man.
    Nowadays, more anti-hero than outright villain, especially after finally breaking away from the Joker for good. That said, yeah, we do get stuff like DC Super Hero Girls or Marvel Rising, but at the same time, it would definitely be great for superhero animation to branch out more.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

We almost had a Tigra/Dazzler cartoon. Sad that was pretty much DOA.

Would be nice for Spider-Woman to show up in cartoons again. Maybe she will since Marvel seems to be doing the biggest push for her they've done in a long time
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Has she appeared in cartoons AT ALL since her own show? EMH used Mockingbird as Veranke instead of Spider-Woman, and while Ultimate Spider-Man did have a Spider-Woman, it was MJ instead of Jessica or either of her comic successors.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Has she appeared in cartoons AT ALL since her own show? EMH used Mockingbird as Veranke instead of Spider-Woman, and while Ultimate Spider-Man did have a Spider-Woman, it was MJ instead of Jessica or either of her comic successors.
    She has not appeared in any cartoons since her own series.

hepburn jess 1.jpg

So what do you guys think of Jess with short haircut?
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I definitely prefer Jess with long hair. Short hair depends on how the artist decides to style it. But the few times she's had short hair, I haven't been a fan.

Otto Schmidt might change my stance here. https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...489158658?s=19
    Last edited by Seren; 04-07-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    hepburn jess 1.jpg

So what do you guys think of Jess with short haircut?
    I love Otto Schmidt.

EVCgMHEXkAUazsM.jpg