Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Here’s a review of (classic) #1 by Sasha Wood

I...just don't like the original run as much as Jess current stuff. I've tried but honestly some of it such a reflection of the times and incredibly sexist that I don't enjoy it. It has great moments sure. But I'm glad to see Jess get out of the 70s.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

SW by Ricardo Sales.

SW by ricardo sales.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-16-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I have one saved on my computer that's a red background by him. Interesting.

I think this is the original?

Last edited by Seren; 04-16-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or like Batwoman, have a wig attached to the mask. Didn't Jessica do just that in the early days?
    All kinds of hair shenanegains in the early days. Dyed hair from blonde to black, cuts short, stunt wig for costume. Shenanegains!

Pere Perez is quickly becoming my favorite Jess Artist

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Pere Perez is quickly becoming my favorite Jess Artist
    I've started following him as well. I am really liking his stuff and look forward to when we can start getting new issues again.

Was totally surprised to see this:
    0DA6EC25-4AE7-408D-A175-D8B152041067.jpg

Haha I forgot about the Spider-Woman underoos

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Has anyone read the Evolutionary War Annual back-up stories from 1988?

There is a ton of back story on Jonathan and Merriem Drew - wondering if it is worth hunting down, or what the key issues are (in terms of Jessica's parents)
    I've read it. It's a great consolidation of continuity, but you have to be pretty dedicated to try to read it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post

If she had been drawn that way in Hopeless's run, I probably would not have dropped the book. That look is far superior to her current rags, though I still prefer the classic especially if she ever returns to being an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That look is far superior to her current rags, though I still prefer the classic especially if she ever returns to being an Avenger.
    Same here. The original costume is perfect.

spider-woman.jpg

Imo, Alex Ross, Leinil Yu and Frank Cho are totally right, Jessica Drew has a "strong" body shape, she's not a skinny Girl girl.

Cool!