Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Wow, I had no idea she had a new solo. How was it?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, I had no idea she had a new solo. How was it?
    It's only been one issue so far, and it's not bad, as far as I'm concerned. We do get an explanation for the new costume, and the end of the first issue has promised some intriguing further developments on that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The video predates Issue 1 but this YouTube is a hardcore Jessica Drew fan so...

If there's one thing I've learned, it's not to write something off before you give it a try. I didn't like the new suit at first, but it has completely won me over at this point. I"m glad I decided to stick around for issue 1. and I think Karla has some really BIG things in store for Jess.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned, it's not to write something off before you give it a try. I didn't like the new suit at first, but it has completely won me over at this point. I"m glad I decided to stick around for issue 1. and I think Karla has some really BIG things in store for Jess.
    Indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing how she weaves the threads in the tangled web that is Jessica Drew's life and story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Jess by Tom Grummett...

Attachment 96014

Jess by Cary Nord...

Attachment 96015
    Where Cary wasnt the best choice for Wonder Woman, I would love to see him work on SW. He could rock that book.

Astonishing Member

I loved Cary's work on Daredevil -- 20 some years ago, but I'm not a big fan of his current style.

I will never warm up to the new costume. Black could work in some fashion, but not this design, so I can't criticize anyone for blasting it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I can't believe the write gave it a thumbs up. She probably had no say in the matter, but she seems to be behind it.

The costume was in the works before Karla Pacheco got the book. She just worked in to being part of the story.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

I will never warm up to the new costume. Black could work in some fashion, but not this design, so I can't criticize anyone for blasting it.
    Thank you!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Spider-Woman #1 sold approximately 142k units in March. I don't think anyone was expecting it to do that well, even with all those variants. That's pretty awesome.

Astonishing Member

She's a great character, and I'm sure the multiple covers helped. I can't say that her previous two ongoings were great -- including the Bendis/Maleev series, And her original series was largely hit or miss, but eve going back to her very first appearances written by Archie Goodwin and Marv Wolfman -- the character stood out. I wasn't able to get to the shop before the quarantine, so have yet to read it.

Spider Woman #1 had a great promotion and tons of variant covers but truth be told the story is just a common story that could be perfectly written with the classic uniform.
    I loved it but partly because I am a HUGE fan of Spider Woman.

In any case, Jessica is a great character and I am very happy about the success of the new series.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Spider Woman #1 had a great promotion and tons of variant covers but truth be told the story is just a common story that could be perfectly written with the classic uniform.
    I loved it but partly because I am a HUGE fan of Spider Woman.

In any case, Jessica is a great character and I am very happy about the success of the new series.
    It would be nice that the series does 140K copies a month without the in your face promotion and variant covers. If Spider-Woman can a make a reoccurring guest appearance in the pages of Spider-Man by working together in a non-crossover story arc, that would sell very well. In contrast, I like to see Peter show up in Jessica's book in a non Spider-Man role in a reoccurring guest/cameo spot developing their friendship that has nothing to do with costumed crime fighting. Rather, Peter uses his intellect to help Jessica out.