Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

spider woman by bruce timm.jpg

Jess by Bruce Timm.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

He's doing a Variant cover for issue one... looking forward to seeing it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    He's doing a Variant cover for issue one... looking forward to seeing it.
    Wow!

Cannot wait!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Write to MHEROES@MARVEL.COM and ask them to change it back.

Write to them every day.
    spideyoffice@marvel.com Jess is under them now.
    I emailed both....this new outfit is just...bad.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I emailed both....this new outfit is just...bad.
    Same here.

If you want more info on what Pacheco has in store for Jessica, she talked to SyFy Wire recently.

I am LOVING what I am hearing so far.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Write to MHEROES@MARVEL.COM and ask them to change it back.

Write to them every day.
    spideyoffice@marvel.com Jess is under them now.
    If you want more info on what Pacheco has in store for Jessica, she talked to SyFy Wire recently.

I am LOVING what I am hearing so far.
    I really like what she has been saying about Jess and her character and nature, I truly hope a lot of that comes through in the writing and story. Until Bendis, Jess was never a bright shiny super hero...not like Spider-Man (who arguably didn't really belong on the Avengers either in my opinion but for different reasons.) Jess fit in more with Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Dracula even to me...she was a much darker character who worked better in the shadows than the light. To me she should have been one of those characters that when you asked the normal person on the street about Spider-Woman they came up with something like the costume we seem to be getting and laughed that she wasn't a real person, not necessarily someone running with the bright and shiny heroes like the Avengers (not to say she couldn't hold her own with them mind you, I just saw her as more of a shadows kind of character.)
    I hope that Pacheco picks up some of her history, like her pheromones and her resistance to toxins (including alcohol.) I do hope we get some of her weirdo rogues back like Brothers Grimm, the Needle, Nekra and Mandrill. Does she still have some ties to the Yakuza? What about her time spent in Madripoor? Jess has such a rich history that can be drawn on and into new stories if only they would. I do look forward to seeing what Pacheco does and like the energy with which she talks about Jess. I just really REALLY REALLY hope they drop that horrid new costume. She needs it about as much as she needs Spider-Man (short answer...she DOESN'T!)

BANNED

jess yes

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is it time for Jess to get her own adjective? Maybe the Sensational Spider-Woman?

Maybe they'll give her one if this series is a hit?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is it time for Jess to get her own adjective? Maybe the Sensational Spider-Woman?
    i thought we didn't want to look like spider-man
    its also used by she hulk

plus jess doesn't speak sensational, she's a spy/pi, something better can be done

BANNED

alluring?

there's mystery there, some reference to her powers, but still good

something like that
    maybe a synonym that sounds better with spider-woman

“Beware the” from the original series.

0316718C-7566-4A1F-8D76-D885ED9BA06A.jpeg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-06-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I really like what she has been saying about Jess and her character and nature, I truly hope a lot of that comes through in the writing and story. Until Bendis, Jess was never a bright shiny super hero...not like Spider-Man (who arguably didn't really belong on the Avengers either in my opinion but for different reasons.) Jess fit in more with Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Dracula even to me...she was a much darker character who worked better in the shadows than the light. To me she should have been one of those characters that when you asked the normal person on the street about Spider-Woman they came up with something like the costume we seem to be getting and laughed that she wasn't a real person, not necessarily someone running with the bright and shiny heroes like the Avengers (not to say she couldn't hold her own with them mind you, I just saw her as more of a shadows kind of character.)
    I hope that Pacheco picks up some of her history, like her pheromones and her resistance to toxins (including alcohol.) I do hope we get some of her weirdo rogues back like Brothers Grimm, the Needle, Nekra and Mandrill. Does she still have some ties to the Yakuza? What about her time spent in Madripoor? Jess has such a rich history that can be drawn on and into new stories if only they would. I do look forward to seeing what Pacheco does and like the energy with which she talks about Jess. I just really REALLY REALLY hope they drop that horrid new costume. She needs it about as much as she needs Spider-Man (short answer...she DOESN'T!)
    You might be out of luck on Mandrill, since he died in the Amazing Spider-Man saga Hunted by Nick Spencer just this past year. That said, I would definitely love to see Nekra face off with Spider-Woman again, and maybe throw in Skein/Gypsy Moth, too, for good measure.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i thought we didn't want to look like spider-man
    its also used by she hulk

plus jess doesn't speak sensational, she's a spy/pi, something better can be done
    I mean, isn’t that a moot point with her new costume tying her more into the Parker side of the Spiders?

I just used Sensational, since neither Peter or Jen are using it. Maybe Astonishing?
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 01-07-2020 at 12:08 AM.