Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I do love that one. But of all the Variants the Daredevil 19 by Mike Del Mundo is my favorite. I'd love for Jess and Matt to team up for an arc or two.

Attachment 97302
    DelMundo is part of my dream creative team for a Jessica ongoing...

Does anyone know why after Spider-Woman's original series was over and she was killed off only to be brought back in the pages of the Avengers but then depowered, why she wasn't allowed to keep her powers and join the Avengers instead of being written off? She-Hulk's original series was cancelled for low sales but she was allowed to move into the Avengers book and this kept her from being exiled into obscurity. Why did Jessica not get the same treatment especially since earlier Avengers issues had teased her joining (in fact She-Hulk joined in the same issue when Jessica declined membership). That was when Jessica had her own book so why couldn't she have joined after her book was cancelled instead of losing all relevancy for decades?

I think it was discussed in this Women Of Marvel interview with Ann Nocenti
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Thank you, I'll check it out.

You're welcome!

Name of the first arc of Spider-Woman is Bad Blood so sayeth Karla Pacheco on the most recent episode of This Week in Marvel
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Does anyone know why after Spider-Woman's original series was over and she was killed off only to be brought back in the pages of the Avengers but then depowered, why she wasn't allowed to keep her powers and join the Avengers instead of being written off?
    I think Spider-Woman II was already in the works when Jess was brought back. It's kinda weird, though, that she felt she needed a venom blast to be SW -- because she still had strength and wallcrawling abiliites. I guess editorial didn't want her being Spider-Woman so Roger Stern removed one of her main powers as the reason why she abandoned her costumed identity.

In retrospect, it was a huge mistake. And though Spider-Woman had some issues that were stinkers, all-in-all it's a much better volume than She-Hulk I -- which a low point in Marvel's publication history, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think Spider-Woman II was already in the works when Jess was brought back. It's kinda weird, though, that she felt she needed a venom blast to be SW -- because she still had strength and wallcrawling abiliites. I guess editorial didn't want her being Spider-Woman so Roger Stern removed one of her main powers as the reason why she abandoned her costumed identity.

In retrospect, it was a huge mistake. And though Spider-Woman had some issues that were stinkers, all-in-all it's a much better volume than She-Hulk I -- which a low point in Marvel's publication history, IMHO.
    I was always under the impression that she lost all her powers but in Claremont's Wolverine run, she can definitely wall crawl and has her strength. I just assumed she got some of her powers back without explanation.

Spider-Woman clearly was popular enough for a 50 issue run (the longest for any female superhero at the time at Marvel) and her own TV series. I know the Marvel merchandise back then often included her as the sole female representative, plus just her "connection" to Spider-Man alone would guarantee popularity. Really weird that they allowed She-Hulk to stay around with her clunker of a series, but wrote out Jessica.

So it looks like a Spider-Woman Jessica Drew movie is in development. Charles Murphy has a pretty good track record, but as he said, it's subject to change.

Details here

I wish Sony would use Madame Web for their Julia Carpenter version of Spider-Woman and allow the MCU to fully develop Jessica Drew's Spider-Woman film on their own. I want a Jessica that can interact with Carol and be a part of the Avengers.

Well that's the speculation - bc one of the people associated with the Jessica Drew movie is from Marvel Studios and the only other sony thing they worked on was Spider-Man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks. Not looking good for Jessica, though much of the fun of a superhero comic is seeing how the protagonist overcomes the dire situation they're in.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You're welcome! It's not looking good for her, but I'm excited to see where Karla takes her.

There are 3 titles that come out July 15th that feature Jess:

1. Spider-Woman #2
    2. Strikeforce #8
    3. Captain Marvel #17 (and she's got a prominent role in the arc after this one shot issue)

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You're welcome! It's not looking good for her, but I'm excited to see where Karla takes her.

There are 3 titles that come out July 15th that feature Jess:

1. Spider-Woman #2
    2. Strikeforce #8
    3. Captain Marvel #17 (and she's got a prominent role in the arc after this one shot issue)
    It seems we will have quite the harvest that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's an interesting list, and well . . . at least (a) Jessica Drew is number 1.
    The spider is always on the hunt.