Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

I feel like they sell 616 Jess short.

And I still think Ultimate Jessica Drew needs to change her last name to Reilly.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post

And I still think Ultimate Jessica Drew needs to change her last name to Reilly.
    Generally agreed, at least on the first part.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Agree 1000%

Can't be done. We already have an Ultimate Ben Reilly. And he was involved in the cloning experiment that created her. If she hates Otto so much because of it, she can surely extend it to Ben Reilly if she finds out about him... so no, zero chances of her naming herself after him, even in part.

I want Julia back as Spider-Woman. If Peter and Miles can both be Spiderman (Ditto for Clint and Kate as Hawkeye and Laura and Logan as Wolverine), I dont see why Julia and Jessica cant share the mantle

No idea. Maybe Jess is possessive of it. She can be pretty insecure sometimes.

Surprised Julia doesn't seem to have a thread of her own somewhere.

Someone should make one.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

If at some point they decide to share the "Spider-Woman" name, it would likely be for Gwen instead. She's Spider-Woman in a huge film, that counts a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I want Julia back as Spider-Woman. If Peter and Miles can both be Spiderman (Ditto for Clint and Kate as Hawkeye and Laura and Logan as Wolverine), I dont see why Julia and Jessica cant share the mantle
    No idea. Maybe Jess is possessive of it. She can be pretty insecure sometimes.

Surprised Julia doesn't seem to have a thread of her own somewhere.

Someone should make one.
    Last I checked, she does have a thread in the Spider-Man sub-forum. That said, I find myself agreeing with Havok83 that there should be room for all the Spider-Women in 616 (even poor Mattie) to coexist and be active, though I'd honestly prefer for Julia go by Arachne, as it's a more unique name and it's the name she wanted in the first place. It was the Commission on Superhuman Activities that forced her to go by Spider-Woman for brand recognition or something like that. Of course, with both of them appearing in the upcoming "Sins of Norman Osborn" one-shot, even if Julia's still tagged as Madame Web . . . maybe we could see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Last I checked, she does have a thread in the Spider-Man sub-forum. That said, I find myself agreeing with Havok83 that there should be room for all the Spider-Women in 616 (even poor Mattie) to coexist and be active, though I'd honestly prefer for Julia go by Arachne, as it's a more unique name and it's the name she wanted in the first place. It was the Commission on Superhuman Activities that forced her to go by Spider-Woman for brand recognition or something like that. Of course, with both of them appearing in the upcoming "Sins of Norman Osborn" one-shot, even if Julia's still tagged as Madame Web . . . maybe we could see something like that.
    Really? I had no clue. I thought Arachne was something that only came up during CW

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Really? I had no clue. I thought Arachne was something that only came up during CW
    Yeah, the name was first used in Carol Danvers's Civil War tie-in issues, but Julia did mention there that it was the codename she originally wanted before the CSA made her go by "Spider-Woman" to piggyback on name recognition. Speaking of Civil War, it's kind of a shame Jessica Drew turned out to be the Skrull Queen Veranke in disguise then. Would have been interesting to see how she would have reacted for real to those events.

Jessica Drew went by Arachne when she was in Hydra and started going by Spider-Woman afterwards bc she wanted to distance herself from Hydra and I don't blame her for not keeping that name in the least.

And I agree about Civil War. I feel like a lot of writers don't remember that.

Jessica Drew went by Arachne when she was in Hydra and started going by Spider-Woman afterwards bc she wanted to distance herself from Hydra and I don't blame her for not keeping that name in the least.

And I agree about Civil War. I feel like a lot of writers don't remember that.
    Thanks for reminding me of that.

I’ve been wanting Julia to go by Arachne-Woman and partner with Anya. Arachne Woman and Spider-Girl as a take on ElectraWoman and Dynagirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, the name was first used in Carol Danvers's Civil War tie-in issues, but Julia did mention there that it was the codename she originally wanted before the CSA made her go by "Spider-Woman" to piggyback on name recognition.
    Actually, the name she originally wanted was Ariadne. Arachne was her 2nd choice, but the CSA stuck her with Spider-Woman. That was established way back in AVENGERS WEST COAST #84 when Julia tells her origin story to her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Actually, the name she originally wanted was Ariadne. Arachne was her 2nd choice, but the CSA stuck her with Spider-Woman. That was established way back in AVENGERS WEST COAST #84 when Julia tells her origin story to her daughter.
    Thank you for fully refreshing my memory. Curious about where the name Ariadne came from, though.