Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You might be out of luck on Mandrill, since he died in the Amazing Spider-Man saga Hunted by Nick Spencer just this past year. That said, I would definitely love to see Nekra face off with Spider-Woman again, and maybe throw in Skein/Gypsy Moth, too, for good measure.
    Mandrill has supposedly died before...and then turned up again later, perfectly fine. He might have some unidentified healing factor or something.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Mandrill has supposedly died before...and then turned up again later, perfectly fine. He might have some unidentified healing factor or something.
    He’s a mutant, and was cloned on Krakoa.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is it time for Jess to get her own adjective? Maybe the Sensational Spider-Woman?
    The Scintillating Spider-Woman? The Sedulous Spider-Woman? The Susurrous Spider-Woman??? The Smoldering and Scrumptious Spider-Woman??????

I don't know. I've always like her old sobriquet of the Dark Angel, Angelita De La Noche (Angel of the Night), or what have you. As long as they keep that, I'm fine. (Which, now that I think about it, is yet another reason why the new costume irks me.)

Can someone please explain Die Cut variants to me?

Spider-Woman Die Cut Cover
    Last edited by Seren; 01-07-2020 at 07:41 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Can someone please explain Die Cut variants to me?

https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/statu...075321352?s=19
    die cut just means that certain parts have been cut out for artistic or practical purposes

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7f7aac0...03bd64882c.jpg

like the jj abrams die cut for spider-man, the eye had been cut out so you can see the spider through it on the next page which is an artistic purpose
    there's basically like 2 overlaid covers with the outer one having holes i think
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 01-07-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Gotcha. Thank you.

Digging the one for jess
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

This is the best rendering of the new costume I’ve seen so far, by Luciano Vecchio via Twitter. This makes me like it quite a bit more.

549E5229-F844-4647-A1D7-E1F40CA1B022.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    This is the best rendering of the new costume I’ve seen so far, by Luciano Vecchio via Twitter. This makes me like it quite a bit more.

549E5229-F844-4647-A1D7-E1F40CA1B022.jpg
    The webpits do make it a little more palatable.

For me it’s the web wings and the consistent outlines around the triangles. That (minor) thing, having black and red outlines, really irks me.

Karla keeps mentioning a character that shows up in issue two that she's really excited about - and I'm sitting here like "is it a NEW character or someone from Jessica's original run like Lindsay?"

I don't want to wait XD

Karla keeps mentioning a character that shows up in issue two that she's really excited about - and I'm sitting here like "is it a NEW character or someone from Jessica's original run like Lindsay?"

I don't want to wait XD
    Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeeee let it be Lindsay.

What are everyone’s thoughts on Claremont tying Viper to Jess’ parentage?

Well...as far as I recall she's not really related to Jess, she just thinks she is?

Well...as far as I recall she's not really related to Jess, she just thinks she is?
    I know it was retconned, and then it was again, per Bendis’ 7 issue mini?

It’s been awhile since I read those issues. Maybe I’m just misremembering them.

Even in Sword it was Viper just thinking she was Jess mom.

Spider-Woman #10 is getting a reprint as a True Believer issue. It's out next week

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Even in Sword it was Viper just thinking she was Jess mom.

Spider-Woman #10 is getting a reprint as a True Believer issue. It's out next week
    Interesting, wonder why that particular issue. Gypsy Moth or Madame Dolly?