Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This just popped into my head, but why didn’t Jess go to Jan for her costume makeover? She’s a fashion designer ffs.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Loved issue #2 and of course can’t wait for 3. I’m learning to accept the Bendisized Origin for the most part. I view much of what we know as Jessica’s brainwashed false memories. However I do prefer Vermis dying on the plane instead of the boat and the other events from Spotlight #32. There is also the whole Bova thing (she is for sure a cow woman.) And the forgotten werewolf killing Merriem that was retconned out. I hope Karla puts all of those pieces of the puzzle together and establishes a whole story from ALL of the origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This just popped into my head, but why didn’t Jess go to Jan for her costume makeover? She’s a fashion designer ffs.
    Bc Jess had advertisement for big Ronnie in her inbox.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    The good news is that Jessica's origin is so mired in dreams, Modred's manipulations, Morgan's interference, Hydra false memories, etc. that a soft reboot retcon by a skilled writer is possible.

What is harder is when you have parallel story beats - unaffected by memories memory implants or magic (eg: Vermis being killed) - with very different onscreen executions.
    Either way, this will be interesting.
    This!!! Exactly how I view “Origin”. I hope Karla brings back more of the HE, Bova, New Men. (Bova is a cow woman, not a human See Wanda and Pietro’s origin). I want Jack Russell’s werewolf ancestor to have killed Merriem not Hydra killed Merriam.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This is what I have wanted from a Spider-Woman book....minus the meh costume of course. It feels like a continuation of the original series.

You guys need to follow Pere Perez on Instagram to see what Jess is up against in upcoming issues. Next month bis Dinosaurs.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Fantastic Member

All good points. We’ve seen the ripple effects of Origin mess up later stories / continuity - stretching into even the main Marvel Universe (see Evolutionary War back up series). Now it’s creating a mess unseen since the Clone Saga back and forth tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    All good points. We’ve seen the ripple effects of Origin mess up later stories / continuity - stretching into even the main Marvel Universe (see Evolutionary War back up series). Now it’s creating a mess unseen since the Clone Saga back and forth tinkering.
    I'd love to see Jess revenge take down Mentallo and TaskMaster at the same time. Marvin would likely go crying to Krakoa.

There also needs to (finally) be a connection to Jess, Wanda, Pietro all being on Wundagore at same time. Chthon and Wundagore link them both behind the scenes.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-16-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Seriously? I prefer Bendis Origin as it makes more sense to me and it's the one Dennis Hopeless and other creators drew from most recently?

I don't think it's as bad as you think it is? We are onlyy 2 issues into the first arc. I'd give it at least one arc before you jump to conclusions?
    Last edited by Seren; 07-16-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Seriously? I prefer Bendis Origin as it makes more sense to me and it's the one Dennis Hopeless and other creators drew from most recently?

I don't think it's as bad as you think it is?
    it completely negates YEARS of continuity from not only the first two origins, but then the entire first series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    it completely negates YEARS of continuity from not only the first two origins, but then the entire first series as well.
    But to be fair Jess hadn't been used in more than a decade before Bendis put her into the lime light again. So he was tasked with making it all make sense which he did a good job of doing. I don't think it negates anything.

Also, as someone said above, we see the High Evolutionary Citadel on the cover of issue #4. I don't think her original origin is being as thrown out as you think it is. Also, going by Pere Perez Instagram, it s safe to say that some of the weirdness from Jessica's original run is going to carry over into this one.

We are only two issues in. Don't hate just yet.

Also, listen to the interview I posted on the previous page. Karla addresses her Origins.
    Last edited by Seren; 07-16-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    But to be fair Jess hadn't been used in more than a decade before Bendis put her into the lime light again. So he was tasked with making it all make sense which he did a good job of doing. I don't think it negates anything.

Also, as someone said above, we see the High Evolutionary Citadel on the cover of issue #4. I don't think her original origin is being as thrown out as you think it is. Also, going by Pere Perez Instagram, it s safe to say that some of the weirdness from Jessica's original run is going to carry over into this one.

We are only two issues in. Don't hate just yet.

Also, listen to the interview I posted on the previous page. Karla addresses her Origins.

Not hating , I am LOVING this series! I even loved Mattie's series and Jess was in that.

As much as i am appreciative of Bendis bringing Jess into the spotlight ( I loved New Avengers), I just wish he would not have made a confusing origin.... more so.

I can't wait for issue 4.

Fantastic Member

Wikipedia and Fandom have been updated to accommodate Bendis' 2006 Origin elements.

That's good to know.

Karla is apparently setting out to crush all of our hearts by or before issue #7.

Unused Venon cover by Javier Rodriguez.

venon cover.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."