Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm all for the occasional cameo, but I would pushback strongly against Peter becoming part of Jessica's regular supporting cast ... or even her tech support hierarchy. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I've grown up and grown old with Jessica operating independently of Parker. I can barely stomach the notion of her getting spidery webs on her costume similar to his.

I also reject the subtle notion that Jessica has to be re-imaged in Peter's frame and lighting, or be made to ride his coat tails in order to remain a successful book. Let a woman stand on her own graces and rise or fall accordingly.

More importantly, don't let the writers off the hook by introducing Peter as a major player in Jessica's mythos. That's too easy. Make them earn their keep.
    This hasn't not affected Deadpool and Spider-Man team-up series. Yet, they really don't have anything to do with each other at all. Not so different between Jessica Drew and Peter Parker, if we exclude their Spider-Costumes respectively. Jessica appearing as a reoccurring guest in the pages of Spider-Man will introduce her to the readers who has not picked up her titled book. Secondly, Jessica Drew and Peter are close friends. If there's anyone who understands her(besides Carol Danvers), it's Peter Parker. We need to see their friendship better established in the same manner as her friendship with Carol Danvers, whose also friends with Parker. Relationships are about shared interest, which needs to be explored. Not saying that it should be romantic.

What would be cool to see is a Spider-Man & Spider-Woman team-up mini series that combines their related adventures together. Remove the spider-costumes and you get two people with different backgrounds who share a common bond that has nothing to do with spiders....
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-17-2020 at 01:01 PM.

I would like to see Javier Rodriguez or Marcos Martin drawing a Spider Man & Spider Woman story.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Am I the only person thinking Rebecca might become the next Spider-Girl?
    It does seem like curing Jessica would not only allow Rebecca to be cured by the same means, but also give her Jessica's powers. However, they are starting to push Anya again at last, so if Rebecca does become superpowered, I'd expect her to have a different name. Arachne would work, it's a name previously associated with both Jessica and Julia but is currently unused as Julia is Madame Web now.

Now's not really the time to be debuting new kid heroes though, because of Outlawed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    The good news is that Jessica's origin is so mired in dreams, Modred's manipulations, Morgan's interference, Hydra false memories, etc. that a soft reboot retcon by a skilled writer is possible.

What is harder is when you have parallel story beats - unaffected by memories memory implants or magic (eg: Vermis being killed) - with very different onscreen executions.
    Either way, this will be interesting.
    I've actually never read the Bendis story. Jessica Drew's backstory is very complicated (and was retconned almost after its first appearance). The Modred stuff is probably the part I struggle the most with keeping straight. I like the Atlantis Attacks back material as a very concise version of it, but it's complicated.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I highly recommend you read the Bendis story since it's been referenced about 3 times already in Spider-Woman.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Alex Ross Timeless Variant for Spider-Woman #5 (Legacy issue 100)

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Alex Ross Timeless Variant for Spider-Woman #5 (Legacy issue 100)

Will definitely be getting that!

As will I. It's part of a series and there are a few others I want to get.

Pretty sure Alex Ross is a huge Spider-Woman fan.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Karla should bring in Dakota North and Daughters of the Dragon. Maybe play them off as occupational opponents, just to up the drama.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Maybe later. I think there's plenty of drama now. And I think Jess is being included in the kindred event if the end of the recent ASM is any indication. So it might not be for a couple arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Karla should bring in Dakota North and Daughters of the Dragon. Maybe play them off as occupational opponents, just to up the drama.
    That would be fun. I'm not that familiar with Dakota but always welcome Misty and Colleen. I'd also love to see a followup of that weird Jillian Woods incident where she had Julia rescue Jess.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-21-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Time to celebrate 100 issues !

5BDE15CC-9DD4-4E33-9123-D49634352FF0.jpg

Wonder who else is doing variants for this issue? I think there's be more than just greg land and Alex Ross. Jen Bartel was supposed to do a variant, but it got cancelled. Hopefully she's still on, just with a different design?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I want a Steve Leialoha variant cover.

Agreed on the Bendis penned origin. As much as I loathe Bendis’ writing for a lot of characters, his Jess origin was probably the least messy of them.

If Pere ever leaves, Marvel should tap Carmen Carnero to draw her book. I loooooooove her Jess.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member

I’m getting confused; 2 new images displaying Jess’ original costume. I get that Alex Ross’ timeless series are more classic in nature, but Greg Land’s cover should be pushing the new look... unless it was temporary. Come to think of it, Marvel has been kind of on the fence about the new costume (all those recent variant covers) so maybe the feedback has them reconsidering...?