Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

So i just saw that a producer who worked on both of Spider-Man's MCU movies is working on this movie, fingers crossed for CarolJess in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Called it.

spoilers:
    Carol isn't the only one with a secret sibling. But at least Carol's sibling isn't a jerk. Also, Jess' mom is alive.
    end of spoilers
    I see you on the letters page!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yep.

The movie news has overshadowed the big comics news for Jess.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Called it.

spoilers:
    Carol isn't the only one with a secret sibling. But at least Carol's sibling isn't a jerk. Also, Jess' mom is alive.
    end of spoilers
    Ok, did Marvel hire a bunch of soap opera writers? Because this is getting a little silly. Because this is straying into telenovela territory
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Ok, did Marvel hire a bunch of soap opera writers? Because this is getting a little silly. Because this is straying into telenovela territory
    I'm accepting of [spoiler]. I just don't like Jonathan Drew as a "monster". I remember him as desperately trying to save his daughter's life.

As far as Rebecca, she should meet Wildstreak and get a reproduction of her exoskeleton. Her dad can afford it!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm accepting of [spoiler]. I just don't like Jonathan Drew as a "monster". I remember him as desperately trying to save his daughter's life.

As far as Rebecca, she should meet Wildstreak and get a reproduction of her exoskeleton. Her dad can afford it!
    judging by your avy you're a fan of the classics, but unfortunately bendis had other ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    judging by your avy you're a fan of the classics, but unfortunately bendis had other ideas
    This. Karla has stated that she's pulling heavily from Origin.... But it looks like she's Also taking elements from vol 1. We'll have to wait and see in issue #4.

I am loving this series
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Fantastic Member

If Karla can reconcile all the contradictory elements of the various Origins, I will have enormous respect for her.

She has her work cut out for her, as Bendis butchered an already far-too-confusing mess.

The problem with wholesale reboots in an interconnected serialized universe is that it affects the legitimacy of so many other stories.

This link goes to an amazing (albeit lengthy) attempt to rectify Jessica's Bendis / Goodwin / Wolfman / Gruenwald / Claremont origins. It's not perfect, but thanks to BMB, how could it be?

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...rigin_15.shtml

The BBC are talking about Jess! That movie news must be reliable if they're reporting it.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53846634
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

So who should play Jess if this happens?

Ana de Armas, Kaya Scodelario, Daisy Ridley, etc?

Booksmart was really good, so I'm totally cool with Olivia Wilde directing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Booksmart was really good, so I'm totally cool with Olivia Wilde directing this.
    I wish Olivia Wilde herself. She looks just like JD to me.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wish Olivia Wilde herself. She looks just like JD to me.
    I would totally love for Olivia Wilde to play Jess, but wouldn't complain about Daisy Ridley either.

My choices are Alicia Vikander, Naomi Scott, and Ana De Armas.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I am not going to believe that the film is about Jessica Drew until I see it being confirmed by the studio and/or Wilde herself. Her cryptic spider gif on Twitter only seems to hint that this female-centric Marvel film she is directing is indeed about a Spider-themed lady, but that could be many different people who have been called "Spider-Woman"...from Jess, to Julia, to Mattie to Gwen. Not to mention that it could also be about Araña or even the female Tarantula (Jacinda Rodriguez) or even May Parker.

Astonishing Member

Ana de Armas or Olivia Wilde would be fantastic picks. But the other choices bought up are fine, too. I'm not picky.