Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If Spider-Man becomes a reoccurring guest in Jessica's series and vice versa, I'll buy. They are friends. Yet no writer wants to do a Spider-Man and Spider-Woman adventure that has nothing to do with The Avengers or Spiderverse.

As far as having no connection to Peter Parker, that can change as it always does with retcon. Carol Danvers had nothing to do with Jessica until Claremont established that. Sabretooth had nothing to do with Wolverine until 1986 with the Mutant Massacre.
    everytime i see you post I can only think of this image lol

Issue 2 cover from the April solicitations that arrived today.
    Needs glider webs!!

60E55BA2-A393-4200-B36C-08E9EC6A71B7.jpg

Astonishing Member

Definitely. Either transparent -- or maybe red to tie in with the red webs on her uniform.

who slept with Otto Vermis?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who slept with Otto Vermis?
    Well... depending which origin you go with, Jessica did.

This issue is getting a Jenny Frisson Variant hell yess.

Anyway here is the solicitation:

---
    SPIDER-WOMAN #2
    KARLA PACHECO (W) • PERE PéREZ (A) • Cover by JUNGGEUN YOON
    Villain Variant Cover by MIKE HAWTHORNE
    VARIANT COVER BY JENNY FRISON
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY BEN OLIVER
    DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS!
    • Spider-Woman discovers the origin of her illness. Spoilers: It wasn’t bad sushi or that cold everyone at the office has.
    • What does Jessica’s illness have to do with the daughter of her old nemesis Otto Vermis? And how does a shipment of black-market spiders fit in?
    • Jessica Drew is fighting for her life while someone is pulling the strings of her web…BUT WHO?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I'm so happy that Jess is getting another solo series, but I'm super-bummed that they're returning to another leotard-type costume. It just seems like a relic of a past era. The costume from her last series was stylish and practical.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Here is a link to an absolutely TERRIFYING Jessica. I feel bad for whoever is getting that smile.
    Omg. Give it to me already.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if we’ll see Anya Corazon in this book?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    everytime i see you post I can only think of this image lol

Ghost-Spider and Silk share the same origin as Peter Parker. Jessica Drew does not. This is what makes her unique. At the same time, Jessica is the only Spider-Themed person whose close to Peter, unlike Silk and Ghost-Spider, who has not made a reoccurring guest appearance ever since the Spider-verse storyline. I would love to see Jessica appear as a guest in a major Spider-Man story arc where they using their respective talents together.

That's a wonderful picture. Thanks for posting it. I wished that during the BND era the writers had reintroduce Betty Brant as Peter's love interest once again instead of wasting it on forgettable ones, like Carlie Cooper, who does like like Jennifer Walters human persona.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-24-2020 at 03:06 AM.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that Jess and Peter are close? Like there's mutual respect there and they talk from time to time but i don't get the impression that they are bff's like her and Carol. Hell, Jess was closer to Clint than she ever was Peter.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-24-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I'm so happy that Jess is getting another solo series, but I'm super-bummed that they're returning to another leotard-type costume. It just seems like a relic of a past era. The costume from her last series was stylish and practical.
    But for action/athletic-based heroes, leotards make the most sense for them to be able to maneuver at peak levels. It's what Olympic athletes wear. Now for someone like Scarlet Witch -- there are a lot of options that work better than leotard. But the jacket and goggles were a bit clunky for Jess.

Some Jess and Carol Danvers BFF appreciation from artist Dan Panosian's Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7mSV_khnVX/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I wonder if we’ll see Anya Corazon in this book?
    Unlikely, but it would be nice to see her show up in something Outlawed related.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well... depending which origin you go with, Jessica did.
    As excited as I was at that time for ORIGIN to come out..... I now look at pretty much that entire series as Jessica's false/brainwashed memories by Hydra.

I mean Magnus was redacted.

Bova was sometimes a Cow, sometimes not?!?

Jerry Hunt was redacted

I'll stick to Spider-Woman #1 from the original series and the Evolutionary War stories featuring the Drews (New Mutants Annual Vol 1 #4)