Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1206

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yeah that was kind of a bummer.

spoilers:
    I think that Jess finally, truly realized who her real family is. It was heart breaking to see that realization - i think a part of her wanted so desperately for her biological family to be alive and to find out that they are - but that she's only a means to an end for them. I think she'll still try to help Rebecca, but after this I don't think she'll want anything to do with Michael at least. I think Rebecca will stick around. And I think we are going to see some more Miriam and Jess clones down the line. Remember...she killed her clones in Origin, but that doesn't mean they didn't go out and make more. And the Solicitation for #8 has Jess working with Octavia
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Agreed. This issue was both brutal and heartbreaking especially with her seeming to have reconnected with her “mother” last issue only for her to reveal at the first sign of real trouble, that she absolutely despises her meaning that it’s very likely that her mother died despising her. Her entire statement to Rebecca of just calling her Jessica rather than aunt Jessica really shows just how deeply this entire scheme hit her.One has to wonder if she has it in her to some day forgive her family.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    spoilers:
    Agreed. This issue was both brutal and heartbreaking especially with her seeming to have reconnected with her “mother” last issue only for her to reveal at the first sign of real trouble, that she absolutely despises her meaning that it’s very likely that her mother died despising her. Her entire statement to Rebecca of just calling her Jessica rather than aunt Jessica really shows just how deeply this entire scheme hit her.One has to wonder if she has it in her to some day forgive her family.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Personally, I think Jess may give Rebecca a pass because NONE of this is Rebecca's fault. BUT that doesn't mean that Jess won't keep her distance from them. and she certainly is within her rights to never forgive Michael for this deception. All they had to do was ask rather than lie and lie and lie.
    end of spoilers
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Up all night trying to fix my PC. Figured I might as well sketch something for my fanfic archive. Thinking of adding Jessica to Blue Marvel's Ultimates team. (Again, fanfic, not the defunct Marvel team.) Other than the High Evolutionary, does anyone know if Jessica has a good rapport with any major gods or cosmic abstract types? I'm drawing a blank right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 10-25-2020 at 05:54 AM.

I don't think Jess rapport with high evolutionary us necessarily good? But Tiks people in Captain Marvel held Jess in High Regard. Not sure about anyone else. Unless you count Nick Fury Sr who is a cosmic entity these days.

Also, very cool suit design.
    Last edited by Seren; 10-25-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member

Not really feeling the direction of this volume. Kinda just bleh.
    Say what you want about Bendis, but his run on Spider-Woman with Maleev was pretty decent.
    Same with Hopeless'.

Jess has FINALLY made it to Marvel Future Fight. Here's a video that ends with her taking on Knull

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I don't think Jess rapport with high evolutionary us necessarily good? But Tiks people in Captain Marvel held Jess in High Regard. Not sure about anyone else. Unless you count Nick Fury Sr who is a cosmic entity these days.

Also, very cool suit design.
    Thanks and thanks!

Jess has FINALLY made it to Marvel Future Fight. Here's a video that ends with her taking on Knull

And that's how Jessica immediately died soon after debutting there .

Anyways, I decided to take a look at the comic, and man, Pacheco gotta slow down the pacing, the story is advancing too fast, twists are happening without proper building up for the setting, and they're too constant too, and too many twists undermines their value...

Hell, thinking on it, back in Fantastic Four 2099, during that 2099 event in Spencer's ASM, Pacheco did have a rather sudden plot twist with Herbie, killing the "new" Fantastic Four when they "failed", although that one worked since there was just enough development, was the only big twist in the story, and made some sense, here, they're a bit too constant, more stuff like FF2099 can work, but we need to not have twists for a while.

Jessica still being involved with Michael after the second issue relies heavily on the idiot ball too, guy poisoned her, said it was to save his daughter, and she decides to trust him after that because it can affect Gerry too? She doesn't even consider that Michael could be bullshitting her by mentioning Gerry? There's not even a page where she actually confirms if something is wrong with Gerry since Jessica herself only became sick because Michael poisoned her... I'd understand if she decided to just work alongside him but do something like, I dunno, stealing whatever Michael learned and send to someone else to confirm if he's doing what he says he's doing, but Jessica is taking too much at face value, and it makes her not look experienced at all.

Then again, issues#4 and #5 kinda show that the Drew family is just fucked, was reading those and wondering how they managed to reproduce without killing each other in some way lol.

The action scenes could have some toning down too, though I say that more because of issue#3, there's that nice moment between Jessica and Rebecca, and then the plane is suddenly attacked, interrupting it, and it doesn't even add much to the plot since they arrive in Wundagore soon after anyways, in fact, makes Octavia look dumber, instead of quietly following the plane to find Wundagore, she tried to blow it up way before they got there lol.

Honestly, biggest problem right now is the pacing, just, slow down and develop the characters and setting, and I don't mean slowing down to manga levels with nothing happening for 10 issues, just have more moments where we can see more of the characters without weird twists, like when Jessica and Rebecca were just talking to each other in issue#3, more moments like this can develop the characters and their relationships, that way the reader may or may not have reasons to care about what happens to those characters, and that can make twists have more meaning.

So yeah, hopefully it improves.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And that's how Jessica immediately died soon after debutting there .

Anyways, I decided to take a look at the comic, and man, Pacheco gotta slow down the pacing, the story is advancing too fast, twists are happening without proper building up for the setting, and they're too constant too, and too many twists undermines their value...

Hell, thinking on it, back in Fantastic Four 2099, during that 2099 event in Spencer's ASM, Pacheco did have a rather sudden plot twist with Herbie, killing the "new" Fantastic Four when they "failed", although that one worked since there was just enough development, was the only big twist in the story, and made some sense, here, they're a bit too constant, more stuff like FF2099 can work, but we need to not have twists for a while.

Jessica still being involved with Michael after the second issue relies heavily on the idiot ball too, guy poisoned her, said it was to save his daughter, and she decides to trust him after that because it can affect Gerry too? She doesn't even consider that Michael could be bullshitting her by mentioning Gerry? There's not even a page where she actually confirms if something is wrong with Gerry since Jessica herself only became sick because Michael poisoned her... I'd understand if she decided to just work alongside him but do something like, I dunno, stealing whatever Michael learned and send to someone else to confirm if he's doing what he says he's doing, but Jessica is taking too much at face value, and it makes her not look experienced at all.

Then again, issues#4 and #5 kinda show that the Drew family is just fucked, was reading those and wondering how they managed to reproduce without killing each other in some way lol.

The action scenes could have some toning down too, though I say that more because of issue#3, there's that nice moment between Jessica and Rebecca, and then the plane is suddenly attacked, interrupting it, and it doesn't even add much to the plot since they arrive in Wundagore soon after anyways, in fact, makes Octavia look dumber, instead of quietly following the plane to find Wundagore, she tried to blow it up way before they got there lol.

Honestly, biggest problem right now is the pacing, just, slow down and develop the characters and setting, and I don't mean slowing down to manga levels with nothing happening for 10 issues, just have more moments where we can see more of the characters without weird twists, like when Jessica and Rebecca were just talking to each other in issue#3, more moments like this can develop the characters and their relationships, that way the reader may or may not have reasons to care about what happens to those characters, and that can make twists have more meaning.

So yeah, hopefully it improves.
    I like how the costume is textured in Future Fight, and yeah, that's actually a pretty well-reasoned critique of the comic thus far. Not to mention, given this book is tying into King in Black in two issues . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like how the costume is textured in Future Fight, and yeah, that's actually a pretty well-reasoned critique of the comic thus far. Not to mention, given this book is tying into King in Black in two issues . . .
    Is it now? Fucking Crossovers man lol.

Wonder if it'll be one of those that just interrupts the comic and doesn't add anything, which is how most tie-ins are like.

King in Black is a Venom thing right? Sounds like it because of Knull, and last time I checked back in Absolute Carnage, Knull is free, so it was just a matter of time for a crossover using that to happen.

From what it sounds like, Jess will be using king in black as a cover to do what she needs to do to get a cure for her illness.

Jess is breaking bad by teaming up with Octavia.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Jessica still being involved with Michael after the second issue relies heavily on the idiot ball too, guy poisoned her, said it was to save his daughter, and she decides to trust him after that because it can affect Gerry too? She doesn't even consider that Michael could be bullshitting her by mentioning Gerry? There's not even a page where she actually confirms if something is wrong with Gerry since Jessica herself only became sick because Michael poisoned her... I'd understand if she decided to just work alongside him but do something like, I dunno, stealing whatever Michael learned and send to someone else to confirm if he's doing what he says he's doing, but Jessica is taking too much at face value, and it makes her not look experienced at all .
    This is one of my bigger gripes. The letter pages are jammed with readers saying how much Karla 'gets' Jessica. And yet Jess is presented here as a total amateur, just taking the word at face value of duplicitous sketchy strangers (like Michael). When the stakes are this high - and so personal - a little extra skepticism would be important, right? These are not the actions of someone who had extensive SHIELD / Hydra / Private Investigation training and was replaced by a Skrull for a big chunk of time.

Looking forward to the next arc.

Then write Marvel and tell them that? There's a letters page so they are reading what's coming in.

And what's the problem if people in the letters pages are loving the book? Isn't that a good thing so the series keeps going?

Despite Jessica's experience, she's also impatient and has a history of being manipulated pretty easily - Karla isn't the first writer having Jessica rush in first and ask questions later.

My interpretation is that Jess was desperate for money so took the job without looking too much Into it. Michael doubles down on that by stripping her healing factor from her, so now she has no choice but to cooperate of she wants to live

Then, she finds out about her family (which, it seems like Michael was trying to keep her from finding) and she's desperate to be part of that bc her whole life, she really believed she didn't have one, that they were all dead. Turns out they're jerks, Jess knows who her real family is and she's gonna leave Michael and Rebecca in the dust and do it herself.

Fantastic Member

Then write Marvel and tell them that? There's a letters page so they are reading what's coming in.

And what's the problem if people in the letters pages are loving the book? Isn't that a good thing so the series keeps going?
    I... have?

My point was clearly not about people loving the book.

Despite Jessica's experience, she's also impatient and has a history of being manipulated pretty easily - Karla isn't the first writer having Jessica rush in first and ask questions later.
    Yeah, if what Veranke told was true, then Jessica was the one who felt so powerless she decided to let Hydra experiment on her to have her powers bck, though maybe you can say that was Bendis being Bendis lol.

My interpretation is that Jess was desperate for money so took the job without looking too much Into it.
    Pretty much what happened, Roger mentions that the e-mail from issue#1 that the Michael guy is friends with an old client from San Francisco, which she never confirms and decides to accept the job, which is fine, she was desperate for money.

Michael doubles down on that by stripping her healing factor from her, so now she has no choice but to cooperate of she wants to live
    And that's rather naíve, guy already poisoned her, and mentions that her own son could have the same problem, trusting him that much could get her, and her son, killed.

If we were shown that she at least thought about her possibilities then she'd look less naíve, but as soon as Michael mentioned her son she trusts him immediately.

Then, she finds out about her family (which, it seems like Michael was trying to keep her from finding) and she's desperate to be part of that bc her whole life, she really believed she didn't have one, that they were all dead. Turns out they're jerks, Jess knows who her real family is and she's gonna leave Michael and Rebecca in the dust and do it herself.
    Which is fine and I don't have a problem with that, it's her whole involvement with Michael before that that's iffy.

Although they could've shown more of Jessica's thoughts about her biological family before Octavia's attack, but like I said before, pacing is a real problem here.