Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1206
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Preview is up!

The Carol and Jess team up we've been waiting for
    Indeed. Good banter between them so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Preview is up!

The Carol and Jess team up we've been waiting for
    This is going to be fun!!

It's gonna be fantastic.

Also, Jess is getting a Peach Momoko Knullified Variant for #7

IMG_20201112_185135.jpg
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

It's gonna be fantastic.

IMG_20201112_185135.jpg
    Man, it's gonna be a waste if a costume like that is only in a cover, imagine a villain wearing something like this, would be great.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's gonna be fantastic.

IMG_20201112_185135.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Man, it's gonna be a waste if a costume like that is only in a cover, imagine a villain wearing something like this, would be great.
    Very much agreeing with you both.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Issue #6 is looking good, fun with Jess and Carol!
    I only reconnected with Jess through the Dennis Hopeless runs, and Jess and Carol were already good pals, can someone remind me how this came about..when/how was this first acknowledged? Was there a particular issue where they said to each other "we're going to be good friends", or did it come about over a run of issues in Avengers, or Captain Marvel perhaps..?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Issue #6 is looking good, fun with Jess and Carol!
    I only reconnected with Jess through the Dennis Hopeless runs, and Jess and Carol were already good pals, can someone remind me how this came about..when/how was this first acknowledged? Was there a particular issue where they said to each other "we're going to be good friends", or did it come about over a run of issues in Avengers, or Captain Marvel perhaps..?

Jon
    Carol and Jess first met on the pages of Avengers Annual 10 (1982) by Chris Claremont. Jess saved Carol's life and was there for her when others weren't. It's a really great issue that's found of Marvel Unlimited. They were always friends, though we didn't see much of them til Bendis put Jess on the Avengers team in around 2004?? 2005? Their friendship really took off in the pages of Bendis' Avengers, Kelly Sue's Captain Marvel. They are one of best portrayed friendships out there - no matter who writes them and i think that says something- and I love them.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-13-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

So what do we figure about the future shown in current issues of Captain Marvel? Gerry doesn't age? Jessica had another kid with #itdoesntmatterwhothefatheris or did Hawkeye knock up both Jess and Natasha?

Gerry does age but I think he's supposed to be closer to two or 3 in that picture from Captain Marvel

Jess would never sleep with Clint again after he cheated on her the first time so no. Clint isn't the father of any of Jess' kids.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Carol and Jess first met on the pages of Avengers Annual 10 (1982) by Chris Claremont. Jess saved Carol's life and was there for her when others weren't. It's a really great issue that's found of Marvel Unlimited. They were always friends, though we didn't see much of them til Bendis put Jess on the Avengers team in around 2004?? 2005? Their friendship really took off in the pages of Bendis' Avengers, Kelly Sue's Captain Marvel. They are one of best portrayed friendships out there - no matter who writes them and i think that says something- and I love them.
    Hey Seren, thanks..I have Avengers annual 10, and I thought that it might be the Bendis Avengers run that set things in train, but seems I lost the plot with that Skrull business...I didn't get Kelly Sue's Cap Marvel.....must dig the Avengers run out again...and still looking forward to SpiderWoman #6!

Cheers

Jon

You're welcome! Jess is also a regular support character in Captain Marvel by Kelly Thompson as well if you're not reading that.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Jessica Drew is my favorite wished She could have done a crossover with DC's Birds of Prey (before Harley Quinn) hell she would be a better addition than certain other characters . Jessica is a former operative of SHIELD & SWORD along with being a private Investigator she's Sam Spade meets Jason Bourne with super powers (OH SHE'S HOT TOO). Love to see Gail Simone write do a story arc for Spider woman too

Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Pere Perez' art is so...inconsistent. Check out the first panel of page # 17, issue 3. WTF is that anatomical thing going on with Jessica? Anyway, Pacheco's writing has definitely captured my attention (it's the art that is making me go meh!)

Man, I really don't like Perez' Spider Woman. This really not my kind of artwok.

Goofy Jessica vs Gorgeous Jessica.
    jessicas.jpg

Dropped this book.

Bye.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Man, I really don't like Perez' Spider Woman. This really not my kind of artwok.

Goofy Jessica vs Gorgeous Jessica.
    jessicas.jpg

Dropped this book.

Bye.
    Ok, so you can't compare those because Jess in the first panel is itty bitty, angry and in the distance. The second one is Jess making an entrance and she takes up half the page. It's ok if you don't like the book, but I think your comparisons in this instance are bit unfair.

Anyway, issue number 6 hit home for me and underneath the amazing Carol Jess team up is a bit of a heavier story. I loved it.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Carol seeing Jess like that is breaking her heart and she knows exactly what is she going through and they're family after all.