Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1206
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Happy birthday to our favorite surly neighborhood Spider-Woman.

Dec. 7 the is Jessica Drew's birthday in the comics

Also, Vote for Spider-Woman
    Happy birthday, Spider-Woman!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Marvel Spotlight #32 has a publishing date of February 1977, but I think that was at the time time where the month early by two of three. So Spider-Woman may actually have debuted in December of 1976.

I do recall seeing that issue on the rack. At that time, I was a kid and had limited funds. So I passed on this issue, despite being intrigued -- especially by the costume which was so much better than how I thought she looked. Really, the only similarity to Spider-Man was the skull cap and eyes. Oh, maybe the webs as well as Spider-Man often had webbing under his arms that eventually disappeared forever.

I finally started following Jess when she showed up in Marvel Two-In-One. There was an arc that ran 3 issues or so by Marv Wolfman. I don't recall how I felt about the change with the hair in Spider-Woman #1, but over the years it became a signature aspect. I don't think Perez does a great job with her hair -- especially in comparison to the days of Infantino and Leiloha who really used it to great effect.

What I mean is her canonical birthday is Dec 7 in the comics. So if the avengers want to throw Jess a birthday party in a story that's the date they'd use.

You are correct that her first appearance was Feb 10 1977.
    Last edited by Seren; 12-08-2020 at 08:51 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    . I don't recall how I felt about the change with the hair in Spider-Woman #1, but over the years it became a signature aspect. I don't think Perez does a great job with her hair -- especially in comparison to the days of Infantino and Leiloha who really used it to great effect.
    Having grown up with Infantino and Leialoha drawing Sipder-Woman and her glorious hair....everyone else has been a letdown! Lol

Astonishing Member

What I mean is her canonical birthday is Dec 7 in the comics. So if the avengers want to throw Jess a birthday party in a story that's the date they'd use.

You are correct that her first appearance was Feb 10 1977.
    Yes, I realized that. I just meant that though the publishing date was February 1977 on the comic book cover, in those days books were release 2-3 months before the publishing date. So December could have been her first actual appearance which may have been why she (Jess) as given a birthday of December.

Fantastic Member

Where did it specify Jess' birth date?

Spider-Woman Origin #1 by Bendis.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Secret Invasion is getting adapted for Disney+!
    https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...99581361106944

So, will this be used to introduce Jessica to the MCU? In the original comics, she was impersonated by the Skrull leader, Veranke.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Secret Invasion is getting adapted for Disney+!
    https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...99581361106944

So, will this be used to introduce Jessica to the MCU? In the original comics, she was impersonated by the Skrull leader, Veranke.
    In any event, I hope it turns out better than it did in the original comics, though it would definitely be cool if Jessica Drew was introduced here.

I'm not sure they would introduce Jessica here? Also, she's shared so we have to wait til the Sony announcements and what their plans are for Jess imo. I think Secret Invasion would have more punch with a character people are already familiar with.

I also kinda of think it would make MORE sense to introduce Jess in Falcon and the Winter Soldier? I feel like we'll be getting Hydra there for sure AND rumor has it they are going to Madripoor. I'm probably wrong though, if you pay attention to one of the gifs, there's a brunette ducking behind Bucky in one of the scenes. It's more likely Sharon, but I can dream.

I'm not saying I DON'T want Jessica in this - because I absolutely 100% Do. Jess fits in more with the MCU than Sony's Spider-Verse. But I am just not getting my hopes up at the moment.
    Last edited by Seren; 12-10-2020 at 09:27 PM.

I'm not sure they would introduce Jessica here? Also, she's shared so we have to wait til the Sony announcements and what their plans are for Jess imo. I think Secret Invasion would have more punch with a character people are already familiar with.

I also kinda of think it would make MORE sense to introduce Jess in Falcon and the Winter Soldier? I feel like we'll be getting Hydra there for sure AND rumor has it they are going to Madripoor. I'm probably wrong though, if you pay attention to one of the gifs, there's a brunette ducking behind Bucky in one of the scenes. It's more likely Sharon, but I can dream.

I'm not saying I DON'T want Jessica in this - because I absolutely 100% Do. Jess fits in more with the MCU than Sony's Spider-Verse. But I am just not getting my hopes up at the moment.
    Understandable, and yeah, Falcon and the Winter Soldier might work better in light of her espionage roots and ties to HYDRA and Madripoor.

People non Twitter asking when we're getting Jessica Drew in the MCU

People non Twitter asking when we're getting Jessica Drew in the MCU
    That's a very good question.

Ryan Penagos apparently just read Spider-Woman 7 and this was his reaction.

We are so in for it.

Ryan Penagos apparently just read Spider-Woman 7 and this was his reaction.

We are so in for it.
    Wow. That's gonna be something.