Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I remember during the Claremont run, he used her dependency on using drugs to inhibit her pheromones, but they had a negative effect on the rest of her powers.
    Yes, Claremont actually resolved that by having Jess drop the drugs that were depressing her powers. She had been having issues with her powers -- as was evident in the issue where she met Spider-Man. Claremont's story explained that due to her immunity to poisoning, she had to keep upping her dosage in order to supress her pheromones. That was never actually shown until the story where Claremont resolved it. So Jess stopped cold turkey-- and her powers rebounded almost instantly.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If there was a similar rendering centering on Jessica, who would be the men surrounding her?
    Wolverine, High Evolutionary, Shroud, Poltergeist, Flying Tiger, Porcupine, and David Ishima.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Who’s the editor for Jess’s new book? Maybe we could start a Twitter campaign to get Jess her web gliders back

I'm not 100% certain they're gone? Though it is looking more and more like that's the case, the more covers we see with the new suit. But I still think I'm going to wait for the first issue to come out to be sure.

That said, I have no idea who the editor is. It's NOT Devin Lewis, who worked on the Dennis Hopeless run. I guess you could always tweet Nick Lowe though since he headlines the Spider-Office? Also email Spideyoffice@marvel.com.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wolverine, High Evolutionary, Shroud, Poltergeist, Flying Tiger, Porcupine, and David Ishima.
    Hopefully Mickey is no longer wearing that ridiculous baseball uniform.

Karla Pacheco did an interview with WMQ Comicsrecently and it's really good. Karla is a riot.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-28-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Spider-Woman by Olivier Coipel.

coipel SPIDER WOMAN.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

A low res Page from Spider-Woman #1 art by Pere Perez. This is from the February Previews catalog

Last edited by Seren; 01-28-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Jess is one of the best female fighters of MU.

Definitely in the top 3.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I agree but I am very biased

Jess shows up in Captain America #18 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I agree but I am very biased
    Really?

I hadn't noticed!

I think Jessica can beat Natasha in a fair fight.
    fight.jpg

Well Jess has the advantage nof Superpowers over Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well Jess has the advantage nof Superpowers over Natasha.
    I'm talking about a fight without superpowers or gadgets.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm talking about a fight without superpowers or gadgets.
    I'd give the edge to Natasha, if we're talking about Jess being powerless. Let's not forget that it's not only strength, but all of her superhuman physical abilities like speed, agility, response time, durability, elasticity, etc., etc., that make her the fighter that she is. Take all of that away from her and she's not going to routinely beat a woman who has spent decades maximizing her God given abilities and perfecting her fighting prowess. I think Jessica has a puncher's chance. About as much as Daredevil has against Elektra. But in the end even Daredevil will tell you that Elektra would win more often than not, because she is intrinsically more naturally gifted than he is and her training further elevates her to a level that Matt can't reach.

Spectacular Member

Take into consideration that Spider-Man didn't train for long, especially with Shang Chi, and he still beat Spider-Woman.