Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I thought I'd read where this title was going digital only. Glad to be wrong and happy to see issue #8 coming to us.
    Like some of you I'm going to need to do a re-read of at least the prior issue to get back into the series. It has been a bit too long between issues.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

No, it was just speculation because the book hadn't been solicited. They retroactively added it to the solicits later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    "Quick, get on my horse! Oh wait, you can fly? And lift like 50-100 tons? Well, what are you waiting for, carry us the heck out of here!"
    Seriously.
    Its like how America Chavez was written in her solo series. She's invulnerable but suddenly a syringe can take her down, or she needs Kate to steer a vehicle properly for her to land in. GURL. You. Are. FLY. ING.

got confused at spoilers:
    that panel where it showed demonic Angela or whatever that was when Angela was afraid to take that thoughtkeeper or something.
    end of spoilers

anyone knows what that was about???

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    that panel where it showed demonic Angela or whatever that was when Angela was afraid to take that thoughtkeeper or something.
    end of spoilers

It was the nightmare version of Sera from the beginning of the issue.

The story was fine, the acknowledgement of Sera was nice, and the art was very pretty, but the Covid gap pretty much killed what little momentum this story had, I'm ready for it to wrap up.

Mighty Member

Honestly i wouldn't mind an Angela book written by her. Something about the team still feels unnatural. Winter soldier, spider-woman, and spectrum are great characters and are written well but still feel a bit tacked on. Also, it still feels like each issue does too much. It reads better altogether, but the issue basically casually undid everything that happened in the issue prior, just with some extra world building.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It was the nightmare version of Sera from the beginning of the issue.

The story was fine, the acknowledgement of Sera was nice, and the art was very pretty, but the Covid gap pretty much killed what little momentum this story had, I'm ready for it to wrap up.
    oh thanks for clearing it up.

end of spoilers

Strikeforce is my favorite book right now I love this team it works so well for something so wrong. Also I hope next issue isn't the last cause this story seems far from complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Strikeforce is my favorite book right now I love this team it works so well for something so wrong. Also I hope next issue isn't the last cause this story seems far from complete.
    I really liked Wiccan and Angela's small talk in this chapter.

not much but I like it.

I really liked Wiccan and Angela's small talk in this chapter.

not much but I like it.
    Can you elaborate (with spoiler tags if folks prefer) for those of us who might not be able to secure a copy today? I have 3 more hours before I can head to my shop and they might be out

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can you elaborate (with spoiler tags if folks prefer) for those of us who might not be able to secure a copy today? I have 3 more hours before I can head to my shop and they might be out
    spoilers:
    long story short, they were captured by Karnilla and Hela and they wanted their souls (mortal souls, not Angela's). Wiccan figured it was a test for Angela so he explained some stuff to her and basically told her that she shouldn't give anyone a right to give her **** about her ex by which Angela responded with respecting him (in her own way) calling him a very powerful little witch.
    end of spoilers

not much but a nice, small tidbit.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I liked this issue. It had some nice cameos from the norse characters and it really made me miss having an Angela solo book. The only thing I disliked was that ending. It felt a bit... anti-climatic? I mean, after everything that they went through, I'm just not interested in a return to Monster Island. I would much prefer if the book continued to go on a more epic/mythological journey. It's going to be a bummer if #9 ends up being the last issue.

again I enjoy the dialogue in this book its fun, but I'm not sure where the story is going, just when we get deep with the fae plotline the story pivots to something else
    The J-man

I was particularly pleased with the reveal of Angela's motivation this issue. I hadn't drawn that parallel between her life and that of the count, so it was really great to have that addressed with Freyja.

Welp...
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-s...orce-canceled/

I wish they'd at least do the Empyre tie in just for Billy stuff but...