Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wait, is that Thor in one panel? Why did he disappear in the very next? Or was that some kind of Vridai mind trick?
    That's funny. I didn't even notice he vanished in the next panel hahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I guess we have to assume it took them a really long time to make up their minds, and Thor just got bored of waiting and left.

If this were a Youtube video, we'd get that ONE ETERNITY LATER gif between panels.

Extraordinary Member

A fun ride for a group of random cool characters....but it was a one trick pony with the whole 'it's all about dealing with the Vridai'. The only real character development was Angela saying she wanted to stay in touch with her friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think he WAS married yet. America can portal everyone to that chapel, so they could've wed at very little notice... like, within that one hour's notice Teddy had that he needed to leave Earth?
    I was right.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/em...ding-spoilers/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Weird series overall ok ideas, not best execution & didn’t really care for it in regards to characters I was reading it for..

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I think Thor was killed by a weaponized word balloon. The most powerful thing in all of comics. RIP Odinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A fun ride for a group of random cool characters....but it was a one trick pony with the whole 'it's all about dealing with the Vridai'. The only real character development was Angela saying she wanted to stay in touch with her friends.
    I'm glad this book existed -- if for no other reason than to further link/tie characters to each other. Developing that history of interplay for future writers to add continuity references is always welcome. I'm curious if Billy will invite any of the Strikeforcers to his wedding reception. I don't necessarily believe their bond is THAT strong to warrant invitation but...who knows.

Mighty Member

Exactly. I think the book did establish some interesting relationships for some characters. I can see Wiccan and Hellstrom having an interesting dynamic moving forward. Tini made it pretty apparent she thinks Blade and Angela should work together more often. I think this expanded on Blade and Monica too. This is the third team they've been on together.

On the Angela & Blade thought train, it now occurs to me that her riding the cycle with him at the end is probably just good manners. I remember we argued previously why she would hop on a horse with Blade in a prior issue, when she can fly, (why not carry Blade?) but maybe it reflects a level of respect she has for Blade to.....accommodate his .....limitations <shrug>

Anyhow.
    Gonna miss these kiddos.

Mighty Member

On the Angela & Blade thought train, it now occurs to me that her riding the cycle with him at the end is probably just good manners. I remember we argued previously why she would hop on a horse with Blade in a prior issue, when she can fly, (why not carry Blade?) but maybe it reflects a level of respect she has for Blade to.....accommodate his .....limitations <shrug>

Anyhow.
    Gonna miss these kiddos.
    Angela's flight seems like one of those things that some writers forget about. I don't think she flew at all in this series, but Monica was flying everywhere. The horse thing makes a little more sense cause she was pretty disoriented.

Angela got assaulted by some creepy tentacle device when Blade arrived. I don't begrudge her hopping a ride and catching her breath afterward.

Plenty of characters such as Spider-Man and Wonder Woman have chosen to ride vehicles in lieu of their own travel powers. Unless your Flash or Quicksilver and in a big hurry. I don't see the problem in taking a vehicle.

Also from what I've seen during this run, it doesn't seem like she can fly.
    The J-man

It's upsetting that this title didn't live up to its name. I was hoping to see some bad ass supernatural fights. To have all the characters have an action sequence and ends in the team coming together to fight the villain. There's no striking with these force.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Exactly. I think the book did establish some interesting relationships for some characters. I can see Wiccan and Hellstrom having an interesting dynamic moving forward.
    With Hellstrom's powers coming from a demon lord daddy, Marduk Kurios, and Billy more or less springing into existence from a fragment of Mephisto's soul (originally), and from those dire beginnings choosing to walk a heroic magician path, it's kinda neat the synergies (and how strongly Billy opposed the notion that he and Daimon had anything in common at the beginning of the series, a characterization thread that, IMO, seemed to get dropped).

Then again, I shouldn't complain. They got way more characterization than Bucky, and what characterization Jessica got seemed kinda flighty and bizarre, all about clothes and fancy entrances and OMG, I suddenly have a child at home and have to go now!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Strikeforce and Asagrdians of the Galaxy, two new team concepts I tried and liked that Marvel(and a tough sell to fanbase) didn't like as much as I did.

SIGH
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Strikeforce and Asagrdians of the Galaxy, two new team concepts I tried and liked that Marvel(and a tough sell to fanbase) didn't like as much as I did.

SIGH
    Same here.
    I thought both were really interesting, and gave some great underused characters a chance to do fun stuff.