Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was kind of an underwhelming finish. I enjoyed the characterization, the art, and most of the plot, but there wasn't really any reason for this to be more than a 4-5 issue mini.

I'll miss this series I personally really enjoyed this team.

Mighty Member

for anyone interested in spoilers:

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.00.52 PM.jpg

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Wait, is that Thor in one panel? Why did he disappear in the very next? Or was that some kind of Vridai mind trick?

And why would anyone want to be at Carol's beck and call? Do people finally trust her after CW2?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It was kind of an underwhelming finish. I enjoyed the characterization, the art, and most of the plot, but there wasn't really any reason for this to be more than a 4-5 issue mini.
    It really did seem more like a mini than an on-going. Once they completed their mission, there simply wasn't much reason for this particular group of people to stay together. Apart from Monica and Billy, I don't think any of them really would be interested in joining any sort of Avengers type team on a full time basis.

Still, I wouldn't mind if they worked together from time to time. They have sort of Defenders vibe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It really did seem more like a mini than an on-going. Once they completed their mission, there simply wasn't much reason for this particular group of people to stay together. Apart from Monica and Billy, I don't think any of them really would be interested in joining any sort of Avengers type team on a full time basis.

Still, I wouldn't mind if they worked together from time to time. They have sort of Defenders vibe.
    I have a feeling, it would turn into a sub-Avengers team. This issue is the premise was that they'd be an asgardian version of x-force, but that's not exactly what they are. it seems like if the book was successful it'd be a branch of the Avengers books, but even then it's not clear how they'd be different than agents of wakanda.

You can tell this was not the original ending. It doesn't feel like it should be the finale. But I enjoyed the ride for what it was. Hoping the characters don't all go back into obscurity.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    You can tell this was not the original ending. It doesn't feel like it should be the finale. But I enjoyed the ride for what it was. Hoping the characters don't all go back into obscurity.
    They totally missed another opportunity for Billy to say the word fiancée or engaged.

Mighty Member

I think most of them are turning up fairly regularly. Spiderwoman and bucky have their own books, blade is still in Avengers, and Billy is married to the central character in a major crossover event. I do hope to see Angela soon though. This book has made me a fan.

I'm not sure if it's the fact I was just in a bad mood today or if I just wasn't feeling this comic, but it felt a little random. I've got to comeback and reread this on another day. I liked seeing Angela and Blade ride off together tho
    The J-man

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If they brought the book back, I'd like to see a slight change in roster.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    They totally missed another opportunity for Billy to say the word fiancée or engaged.
    Even I thought it was a bit much. And *looks at avatar*, that's saying something.

Even I thought it was a bit much. And *looks at avatar*, that's saying something.
    I'm forced to wonder now, in light of the Empyre revelation -- was it all Billy being intentionally hyperbolic? Like, since spoilers:
    he and Teddy were married, seemingly known only to his fellow YA crew, in Vegas
    end of spoilers he's been exaggerating the engagement, like someone who is trying to keep a lie or an alibi and they keep bringing it up which only makes me people wonder about the legitimacy?

You know what I mean?
    It was clearly intended by Tini to be funny, but perhaps there was an additional layer of absurdity as well.
    "I'm ENGAGED! I have a FIANCE! We are ENGAGED!!!! We are most definitely NOT MARRIED YET!!"

I don't think he WAS married yet. America can portal everyone to that chapel, so they could've wed at very little notice... like, within that one hour's notice Teddy had that he needed to leave Earth?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-06-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wait, is that Thor in one panel? Why did he disappear in the very next? Or was that some kind of Vridai mind trick?

And why would anyone want to be at Carol's beck and call? Do people finally trust her after CW2?
    I don't really read Captain Marvels book ... did the hero community stop trusting Carol after CW2? The Ultimates as far as I could tell still seemed cool with her, and I think the Avengers are good with her at least in Aarons run.

As far as them being at Carols beck and call... I do think the idea of an X-Force version of the Avengers sort of sounds fun. Not that I think any of these people would be willing to do it except maybe Bucky.