Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member

Goodness, I'd forgotten this book even existed.

And more Angela! Yay, my least favorite member of the team.

Need more Monica, Daimon, Billy and Bucky.

Amazing Member

What is the release schedule for Strikeforce? I hadn’t seen it on any solicits or plans. Is it digital only?

your guess is as good as ours
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Goodness, I'd forgotten this book even existed.

And more Angela! Yay, my least favorite member of the team.

Need more Monica, Daimon, Billy and Bucky.
    I have to go back and reread, I forgot what was even going on lol

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

How is Angela doing anyway? Is she still as popular as she was when she was a Spawn supporting character?

Ultimate Member

"Quick, get on my horse! Oh wait, you can fly? And lift like 50-100 tons? Well, what are you waiting for, carry us the heck out of here!"
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-11-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    What is the release schedule for Strikeforce? I hadn’t seen it on any solicits or plans. Is it digital only?
    The next issue is out next week, in print. The final issue (as far as we know) will be released in print in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    "Quick, get on my horse! Oh wait, you can fly? And lift like 50-100 tons? Well, what are you waiting for, carry us the heck out of here!"

Well, to be fair, even Thor doesn't fly every time he's in Asgard or the realms other than Midgard. His flying goats would end up in the unemployment line if he did.

can Angela fly in Marvel?

Considering she got taken down at least twice by the fae during this series, running doesn't seem like a bad idea

Also, no one's gonna talk about that man-eating horse....thing.

Honestly, this is where the book seems at its best. Hopefully, this will be a lot like issue 2. When this book feels faced pass and there are new diverse colorful enemies it's really engaging. Not gonna lie there were a few issues that felt random and slow.
    Last edited by Jabare; 07-12-2020 at 06:44 AM.
    The J-man

actually scratch that. After rereading this book up till now its better then I thought
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    actually scratch that. After rereading this book up till now its better then I thought
    I feel the same. Issue to issue it can seem slow and a little boring, but when you read it together its fun.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    can Angela fly in Marvel?
    I don't think she can fly on her own, but she was briefly able to during her solo books when she had a special armor that could grow wings. Marvel has completely ignored this ever since, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think she can fly on her own, but she was briefly able to during her solo books when she had a special armor that could grow wings. Marvel has completely ignored this ever since, though.
    Didn't she fly around in space when she was part of the Guardians?

I'm pretty sure Angela can fly. It only makes sense, given that in Hevn she was the Leader of the Hunt. The warrior Angels of Hevn are all winged women. How does a winged Angel hunt? Not by running, walking or crawling, that's for sure. In order to lead them, Angela had to be capable of flight.

The only question is whether Angela should fly under her own power, or with the aid of a technical and/or magical device?

The first option is easy. Angela is the daughter of Odin and Freyja. According to most Norse myths, it was Freyja (Vanir) who first introduced magic to Odin's people (the Aesir). Marvel's patriarchal obsession unfortunately makes it seem like Odin is the reason for the season, but Freyja by right should be the household's most powerful magic wielder. That gift should be passed on to Angela, manifesting at this early stage of her life as the mystical ability to fly. Angela's affinity for the Angels of Hevn just served to reinforce that power.

As for the second option, also easy. Back in one of the X-Men annuals Loki had a special cape, the Cloak of Freya (same Freyja, different spelling), which when he adorned Ororo Munroe with it turned her into a falcon. As the daughter of Freyja, Angela could inherit the cloak. Because Angela has Vanir blood coursing through her veins, the magic cloak doesn't turn her into a bird. It merely gives her (invisible) wings. Being a magical artifact, the Cloak of Freya might also have the ability to appear in whatever form Angela prefers. Just snap her fingers twice and Angela goes right from the battlefield to the boardroom, switching from Asgardian armor into a Givenchy suit in a quick flash of eldritch fire thanks to the Cloak of Freya.
    Attached Images Attached Images