Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 241
  1. #211
    Mighty Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    It was kind of an underwhelming finish. I enjoyed the characterization, the art, and most of the plot, but there wasn't really any reason for this to be more than a 4-5 issue mini.

  2. #212
    Mighty Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    I'll miss this series I personally really enjoyed this team.

  3. #213
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    950

    Default

    for anyone interested in spoilers:

    Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.00.52 PM.jpg


  4. #214
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,761

    Default

    Wait, is that Thor in one panel? Why did he disappear in the very next? Or was that some kind of Vridai mind trick?

    And why would anyone want to be at Carol's beck and call? Do people finally trust her after CW2?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #215
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It was kind of an underwhelming finish. I enjoyed the characterization, the art, and most of the plot, but there wasn't really any reason for this to be more than a 4-5 issue mini.
    It really did seem more like a mini than an on-going. Once they completed their mission, there simply wasn't much reason for this particular group of people to stay together. Apart from Monica and Billy, I don't think any of them really would be interested in joining any sort of Avengers type team on a full time basis.

    Still, I wouldn't mind if they worked together from time to time. They have sort of Defenders vibe.

  6. #216
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It really did seem more like a mini than an on-going. Once they completed their mission, there simply wasn't much reason for this particular group of people to stay together. Apart from Monica and Billy, I don't think any of them really would be interested in joining any sort of Avengers type team on a full time basis.

    Still, I wouldn't mind if they worked together from time to time. They have sort of Defenders vibe.
    I have a feeling, it would turn into a sub-Avengers team. This issue is the premise was that they'd be an asgardian version of x-force, but that's not exactly what they are. it seems like if the book was successful it'd be a branch of the Avengers books, but even then it's not clear how they'd be different than agents of wakanda.

  7. #217
    Fantastic Member Magnito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    493

    Default

    You can tell this was not the original ending. It doesn't feel like it should be the finale. But I enjoyed the ride for what it was. Hoping the characters don't all go back into obscurity.

  8. #218
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    You can tell this was not the original ending. It doesn't feel like it should be the finale. But I enjoyed the ride for what it was. Hoping the characters don't all go back into obscurity.
    They totally missed another opportunity for Billy to say the word fiancée or engaged.

  9. #219
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    You can tell this was not the original ending. It doesn't feel like it should be the finale. But I enjoyed the ride for what it was. Hoping the characters don't all go back into obscurity.
    I think most of them are turning up fairly regularly. Spiderwoman and bucky have their own books, blade is still in Avengers, and Billy is married to the central character in a major crossover event. I do hope to see Angela soon though. This book has made me a fan.

  10. #220
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,624

    Default

    I'm not sure if it's the fact I was just in a bad mood today or if I just wasn't feeling this comic, but it felt a little random. I've got to comeback and reread this on another day. I liked seeing Angela and Blade ride off together tho
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  11. #221
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,761

    Default

    If they brought the book back, I'd like to see a slight change in roster.

  12. #222
    Fantastic Member Magnito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    They totally missed another opportunity for Billy to say the word fiancée or engaged.
    Even I thought it was a bit much. And *looks at avatar*, that's saying something.

  13. #223
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Even I thought it was a bit much. And *looks at avatar*, that's saying something.
    I'm forced to wonder now, in light of the Empyre revelation -- was it all Billy being intentionally hyperbolic? Like, since spoilers:
    he and Teddy were married, seemingly known only to his fellow YA crew, in Vegas
    end of spoilers he's been exaggerating the engagement, like someone who is trying to keep a lie or an alibi and they keep bringing it up which only makes me people wonder about the legitimacy?

    You know what I mean?
    It was clearly intended by Tini to be funny, but perhaps there was an additional layer of absurdity as well.
    "I'm ENGAGED! I have a FIANCE! We are ENGAGED!!!! We are most definitely NOT MARRIED YET!!"

  14. #224
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,605

    Default

    I don't think he WAS married yet. America can portal everyone to that chapel, so they could've wed at very little notice... like, within that one hour's notice Teddy had that he needed to leave Earth?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-06-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #225
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wait, is that Thor in one panel? Why did he disappear in the very next? Or was that some kind of Vridai mind trick?

    And why would anyone want to be at Carol's beck and call? Do people finally trust her after CW2?
    I don't really read Captain Marvels book ... did the hero community stop trusting Carol after CW2? The Ultimates as far as I could tell still seemed cool with her, and I think the Avengers are good with her at least in Aarons run.

    As far as them being at Carols beck and call... I do think the idea of an X-Force version of the Avengers sort of sounds fun. Not that I think any of these people would be willing to do it except maybe Bucky.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •