Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

This blows massively saw it coming still sucks. I was personally invested in this story don't see how it can tie up in one issue, and the loss of the Billy tie in is an even deeper blow, sucks but what can you do. Not all bad though this cast will be sticking around for years throughout multiple books. Jess has her own series, Angela is bound to get something again soon, Monica is a forever side cast in any Carol series, Bucky and Daimon will be fine, Blade can go back to Avengers, and Empyre might set Billy up for something big. I personally hope this team comes back together again in someway someday.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Welp...
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-s...orce-canceled/

I wish they'd at least do the Empyre tie in just for Billy stuff but...
    I was holding on the hope that maybe they would do a new #10 issue for the book, but making it a post-Empyre tie-in this time around, just to explain what happened to Billy after the event (although I guess that might be covered in the Aftermath issue written by Ewing). Can't say I'm surprised that they're just pulling the plug on the book altogether. Rereading the solicit for the #10 issue, it says ''after taking care of the Vridai'', so I hope this means that plot was resolved in issue #9 and it can work out as a series finale instead of just ending the book with an unfinished plot.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Welp...
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-s...orce-canceled/

I wish they'd at least do the Empyre tie in just for Billy stuff but...
    Damn man!!

BANNED

Why everyone so shocked? This was never gonna make it past #12, just the 'rona made it go away bit sooner...

Can't say I'm surprised. And really if not for Billy, I wouldn't have bothered even looking at this book. Haven't particularly liked it either. I wish they would have scrapped issue 9 and replaced it with 10 instead. Less Deadpool and Monster Island nonsense and more Empyre tie-in.

Extraordinary Member

Would be nice if they at least tied up the story....

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was holding on the hope that maybe they would do a new #10 issue for the book, but making it a post-Empyre tie-in this time around, just to explain what happened to Billy after the event (although I guess that might be covered in the Aftermath issue written by Ewing). Can't say I'm surprised that they're just pulling the plug on the book altogether. Rereading the solicit for the #10 issue, it says ''after taking care of the Vridai'', so I hope this means that plot was resolved in issue #9 and it can work out as a series finale instead of just ending the book with an unfinished plot.
    Don't worry. Billy's on the cover of Empyre #5, so whatever was meant to happen in Strikeforce #10 will probably be covered there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

serves me right for getting invested. I at least them to close out the arc with the fae
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

book was terrible a bunch of goodt characters but the bookl acked cohesion. This along with the recently canceled agents of wakanda were both very unnescarry as least as ongoings. Ill go on record and say this again pump of the volume of the main avengers book 24 to 36 issues a year and if aaron cant do them all you slot in some 5-10 page back ups with the agents of wakanda characters and the strikeforce characters and if once a year you want you give them a nice 4 or 5 issue mini great the market just cant support these ongoings books with d list characters

Ultimate Member

I'm at the point where, nine issues in, I don't even care how it ends. I'm a huge fan of Monica, Billy, even Hellstrom and Bucky, but most of them feel like they've been practically non-entities throughout this entire story, and I'm just over it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't worry. Billy's on the cover of Empyre #5, so whatever was meant to happen in Strikeforce #10 will probably be covered there.
    Empyre #5 will probably have a quick explanation as to how Billy got there, but I think the intention was to expand on that with Strikeforce #10 as the full backstory. Much like LOE: Emperor Hulkling #1 is meant to expand on the events that led to Incoming!/Empyre. So we probably will understand Billy's role on the event, but still probably miss out on relevant content that would help flesh out his story more. I hope Tini is allowed to share a script of the issue at least.

a. Marvel barely promoted

b. First story-arc was too long.

I would have loved to have seen this team continue. Maybe a Vol. 2 will come out one day.

This team was too random for my taste; I was never really clear on why they got together. I picked up an issue or two; I liked Angela, but I’ve never really been able to get into spider woman as a character.

I think Marvel missed the mark here. The tone of the book always felt off for what was initially advertised and I don't think Tini Howard managed to really sell these individuals as a unique team in the MU.
    Didn't help that Marvel already had two somewhat similar concepts around (Savage Avengers and Agents of Wakanda).
    I do hope they don't give up on another spy or magical team book. I hope next time they actually launch two distict titles with better setting and atmosphere.