Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Worse, Agents actually launched at the same time. Both titles were on issue 7 when lockdown came.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    book was terrible a bunch of goodt characters but the bookl acked cohesion. This along with the recently canceled agents of wakanda were both very unnescarry as least as ongoings. Ill go on record and say this again pump of the volume of the main avengers book 24 to 36 issues a year and if aaron cant do them all you slot in some 5-10 page back ups with the agents of wakanda characters and the strikeforce characters and if once a year you want you give them a nice 4 or 5 issue mini great the market just cant support these ongoings books with d list characters
    I like these ideas. I think a lot of these titles are "secret" mini-series because I honestly don't think that Marvel would ever allow a low selling book to go past issue 10; especially since trades now only have 5 issues so you only need close to 10 issues and if there isn't then throw in a old issue or a bunch of variants.

At least they let the writer add a bit to wrap things:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/stri...er-new-ending/

The new cover is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The new cover is much better.
    I agree.

I knew this was coming, but I'm still bummed it's canceled. Marvel announced the series and then did 0 promotion after the fact. So I feel like it was doomed to fail from the start.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mighty Member

i mean part of the issue is we've been reading this for a year and still don't know why these specific people became the team. they've hinted at there being an underlying reason, but it hasn't ben fleshed out apart from Deadpool breaking the 4th wall to say the whole idea is "monsters hunting monsters"...but its a loose theme that still doesn't even seem to really fit

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    i mean part of the issue is we've been reading this for a year and still don't know why these specific people became the team. they've hinted at there being an underlying reason, but it hasn't ben fleshed out apart from Deadpool breaking the 4th wall to say the whole idea is "monsters hunting monsters"...but its a loose theme that still doesn't even seem to really fit
    Yeah, things were really poorly paced and the detours away from the plot for the first meeting with Deadpool and the stuff going on with Ghost and Moonstone didn't help.
    And the 'monsters hunting monsters' did NOT fit characters like Billy and Monica.

I was hoping we'd at least get to 24 or 25 issues, the way the story was pacing.

The one silver lining of this run is the realization that Angela, Blade, Hellstrom, and Wiccan work very well together. They all jive very well in supernatural, horror, or fantasy. I'd like to see those characters interact more with each other in the future. Throw in Satanna again, maybe even add Werewolf by Night or Elsa Bloodstone or Doctor Voodoo, and you're set.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So issue #10 is scripted, I assume with the release delays maybe even finished.
    Why not just release it then? Let #10 be the final issue.

Covid-19 claims another victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I was hoping we'd at least get to 24 or 25 issues, the way the story was pacing.

The one silver lining of this run is the realization that Angela, Blade, Hellstrom, and Wiccan work very well together. They all jive very well in supernatural, horror, or fantasy. I'd like to see those characters interact more with each other in the future. Throw in Satanna again, maybe even add Werewolf by Night or Elsa Bloodstone or Doctor Voodoo, and you're set.
    Marvel's version of one of two DC teams: Shadowpact or Justice League Dark?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So issue #10 is scripted, I assume with the release delays maybe even finished.
    Why not just release it then? Let #10 be the final issue.

Covid-19 claims another victim.
    Because the art isn't finished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^Gotcha, thanks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post

That's nice to hear. The new cover is definitely more appropriate for a finale. I'm glad the book will have a proper ending.

Also, this is interesting:

Also, I am led to expect there is a newly added easter egg that may get speculators interest up when a different comic drops later this summer… that's all I know, but as ever #itsallconnected.
    Maybe it's a teaser for Empyre #5? I can't think of any other comic book coming out in July/August that they would be teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post

MUCH better cover.
    As a not huge Deadpool fan (comics version), I never get excited seeing him hijack a cover, and w. it being the final issue, it really felt out of place. A few extra pages i think is something those loyal to the book will appreciate, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's nice to hear. The new cover is definitely more appropriate for a finale. I'm glad the book will have a proper ending.

Also, this is interesting:

Maybe it's a teaser for Empyre #5? I can't think of any other comic book coming out in July/August that they would be teasing.
    Tini is writing X of Swords maybe that's the teaser.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Tini is writing X of Swords maybe that's the teaser.
    Doesn't XOS only start in September, though? That would be fall, and BC said a book coming in the summer.