Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I was hoping we'd at least get to 24 or 25 issues, the way the story was pacing.

The one silver lining of this run is the realization that Angela, Blade, Hellstrom, and Wiccan work very well together. They all jive very well in supernatural, horror, or fantasy. I'd like to see those characters interact more with each other in the future. Throw in Satanna again, maybe even add Werewolf by Night or Elsa Bloodstone or Doctor Voodoo, and you're set.
    That sort of lineup would gel better. Monica, Bucky and Jessica could find a place where they fit better. (Actually, given his general demeanor, regardless of the supernatural aspect, I'd also put Billy on the 'not a monster-hunter' team. He doesn't really fit, personality-wise, with this crew, IMO.)

And yeah, Elsa and Werewolf by Night, or even Moon Knight, could fit well with this batch. (I'd avoid Satanna and Hellstrom on the same team. I feel like, like Northstar and Aurora, they are more interesting apart.)

I agree on keeping the Helstrom siblings apart. They work better individually.
    I gotta disagree on the Billy thing, though, but only because I like odd fits on teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Tini is writing X of Swords maybe that's the teaser.
    this is what I was thinking, so I'm not that excited because I have zero interest in that event

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Doesn't XOS only start in September, though? That would be fall, and BC said a book coming in the summer.
    I well the last issue comes out in August, so I think teasing a book or event starting in September makes sense
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Is anyone in this team a part of x of swords?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Is anyone in this team a part of x of swords?
    Not that we know of.

X of Swords is the only teaser that would make sense to me. That being said no one on this team would hold any purpose in that event, except maybe Billy who's kinda sort of maybe a mutant, even that seems slim cause I don't think Krakoa wants him and he forsure doesn't want them. Maybe Daimon pops up in it the event seems to have a mystical undertone of sorts. *shrugs*

I would think it's Empyre since Billy is dating Teddy
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I would think it's Empyre since Billy is dating Teddy
    Yeah but that's already happening hell by the time the next issue comes out it'll be half way done doesn't really add up.

Mighty Member

i have a feeling it'll be a mephisto related event or something that theyre setting up in avengers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    i have a feeling it'll be a mephisto related event or something that theyre setting up in avengers
    Makes sense. Mephisto has his chocolate all up in Billy's peanut butter, since he and Tommy are kinda/sorta the spiritual successors to Wanda's twins, who were themselves made from 2/5ths of Mephisto's shattered soul (blasted apart by Franklin Richards!).

Thanks to that, some small part of Mephisto, ruler of Hell, has memories of being a tiny fragile human body, surrounded by love, in his mother's arms, which must really chap his ass... Does he hate Wanda with a special hate, for tainting the purity of his evil soul with such maudlin human sentiment? Does he hate himself for brooding on his dark throne, regaled by the sounds of suffering in his immortal kingdom of darkness, and craving that simple human sensation of belonging, of being wanted, of being treasured? Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Makes sense. Mephisto has his chocolate all up in Billy's peanut butter, since he and Tommy are kinda/sorta the spiritual successors to Wanda's twins, who were themselves made from 2/5ths of Mephisto's shattered soul (blasted apart by Franklin Richards!).

Thanks to that, some small part of Mephisto, ruler of Hell, has memories of being a tiny fragile human body, surrounded by love, in his mother's arms, which must really chap his ass... Does he hate Wanda with a special hate, for tainting the purity of his evil soul with such maudlin human sentiment? Does he hate himself for brooding on his dark throne, regaled by the sounds of suffering in his immortal kingdom of darkness, and craving that simple human sensation of belonging, of being wanted, of being treasured? Heh.
    Oooh this feeds MY soul!! hahaha. I long for a tidal wave of YA content, post Empyre.

I am deeply torn on the absence of the Billy-centered Empyre tie in Strikeforce issue.

On the one hand, I crave the content. I long to get inside Billy's head on this whole ordeal.
    On the OTHER hand, I'm really more enchanted by German Peralta's rendering of Billy, more than the handling of Billy.
    So, I'd be VERY interested to see/read what the script had intended to become canon, but also wondering if it was better off unrealized?

I could see Billy joining Excalibur. It could actually be pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I could see Billy joining Excalibur. It could actually be pretty fun.
    More Billy drawn by Marcus To!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    More Billy drawn by Marcus To!
    Yeah
    And that team could use some actual magic users. Plus it could give Billy the perfect team to explore his mutant heritage AND his abilities at the same time.

Mighty Member

Very random ending, but definitely fun especially for Spider Woman fans. She's a cool character.

I'm thinking they were either talking about Billy's role in Empyre or a potential Blade/Angela team-up, which I would love.