Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Again I love this series but I honestly feel one little spell from Billy can takeout Ghost..... And Damen and him are the power of the team why would they be the ones to stay behind...
    Strikeforce members appear in that massive Incoming one-shot. In that Wiccan and Hulkling are spending quality time together before they have to go off and do their own things.

I’m liking that preview. New art!!! Ill be buying two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Wish this was doing better as team books that can take a hodgepodge of characters yet get everyone working off each other so well and so soon are rare.

Oh well these days I'm simply happy if book I enjoy last's at least 12 issues.
    Are the numbers respectable, or bad?

The first two issues did really well then for what ever reason the preview to #3 didn't post until almost Sunday night. No one knew it even came out.so the numbers dropped REALLY low.

Not sure what the numbers for 4 were, but Tini DID promote that issue after people made her aware they had no clue 3 was out already. I love the series but other than it's announcement, marvel has hardly done any promo on it. And I love Tini, but she talks about Excalibur far more than Strikeforce and I don't think that helps either.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    The first two issues did really well then for what ever reason the preview to #3 didn't post until almost Sunday night. No one knew it even came out.so the numbers dropped REALLY low.

Not sure what the numbers for 4 were, but Tini DID promote that issue after people made her aware they had no clue 3 was out already. I love the series but other than it's announcement, marvel has hardly done any promo on it. And I love Tini, but she talks about Excalibur far more than Strikeforce and I don't think that helps either.
    Smh
    That’s kind of shortsighted of her. Disappointing.

It's just an observation. I feel bad saying anything at all bc I love her books and Strikeforce is fantastic. I'm just frustrated.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Again I love this series but I honestly feel one little spell from Billy can takeout Ghost..... And Damen and him are the power of the team why would they be the ones to stay behind...

They are all pretty powerful. Except Winter Soldier, who is no chump himself. If he’s the weakest you got, and he can stalemate Cap...

I've said it before I'll say it again Billy has never had as much personality as he does under Tini all the YA fans who say otherwise are beyond my understanding.
    Granted, it was a 5(?) page story in a satellite title centered on an event, BUT .... I thought Anthony Oliveira did a terrific job writing Billy and I really loved all the very entertaining dorky obscure (and some not so obscure) pop culture references he made. That felt very on brand for a gay nerd.

I am really enjoying this book. I picked it up as a kind of last minute thing because my store didnt have the book I went in for and I didnt want to leave empty handed. I havnt had much experience with these characters before. I have read a couple Hellstorm stories in Marvel team up. I didnt ever know that Thor had a sister. This is a good mix of heroes that I am enjoying. Kind of like Savage Avengers. heroes you didnt think would work well together but are killing it. I really hope this book sticks around for a long time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I binged the first 4 issues just last week and I have to say, I really enjoyed them. I’m a fan of disjointed ad how teams, as they can make for really fun interaction, and yeah, this team has some really fun interaction!

If you're enjoying the series please let marvel know. I assure they read their emails. Mark ok to print and maybe we'll get a letters page!

mheroes@marvel.com

Will do!

Tini confuses me I swear she mentioned on Twitter that this was her favorite series to write. Yet all she promotes is dry ass excalibur... Babygirl your marketing strategy is ass. This is the superior book between the 2 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I love Strikeforce, but I thought it was important to remember that I only have one thing to say about all of you, "You are just a bunch of Flirts!"

Attachment 90889
    I ship Satana and Blade. (even if she's not interested).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's quite possible she would be willing to (and maybe even does) talk about Strikeforce, but the attention is on the X-world right now and that's what everyone is wanting to know about. So I would go a long way to say it's probably not her fault nothing is being printed about Strikeforce...it's just not the hot topic right now.