Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I agree other then holding back and limiting the power sets of Monica, Damon and Especially Billy she's got a really good grasp on the voices of the characters. I've said it before I'll say it again Billy has never had as much personality as he does under Tini all the YA fans who say otherwise are beyond my understanding. I feel a lot of them just push their own headcanon on to the characters and their voices and when they don't get what they want it's a problem. Especially on Tumblr theirs this one MoFo in particular who won't stop bitching about Jewish erasure and blah blah blah!!!
    Yeah, but it would be just as easy to say that you like this version because something has sparked with you, while him never really being this sassy borderline stereotype snark gay thing he now has going on is a bit of a change and not everyone likes it.

Swings and roundabouts. I'm not a fan of Tini's take on him, but anything that gets him used more is a plus.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Yeah, but it would be just as easy to say that you like this version because something has sparked with you, while him never really being this sassy borderline stereotype snark gay thing he now has going on is a bit of a change and not everyone likes it.

Swings and roundabouts. I'm not a fan of Tini's take on him, but anything that gets him used more is a plus.
    I mean you're entitled to your opinion. I personally never thought him or Teddy had much personality at all outside of being in love with eachother, nerds, and depressed emo in Billy's case. I personally find this new stuff refreshing I mean people change/characters change. Again that's just my opinion feel free to like what you like.

Astonishing Member

I can't see this series going on much longer. Storywise, it's okay. Art isn't bad, but it doesn't really pull you in. I thnk it needs some larger panels that focus on less characters. And Monica Rambeau really seems out of place on the team. And for a book titled 'Strikeforce', you'd think there would be a lot more action.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's quite possible she would be willing to (and maybe even does) talk about Strikeforce, but the attention is on the X-world right now and that's what everyone is wanting to know about. So I would go a long way to say it's probably not her fault nothing is being printed about Strikeforce...it's just not the hot topic right now.
    That’s a shame, too, because Strikeforce is the way more fun book!

I think the series is really clever - and I'm not sure how many people have picked up on it (meaning look at critic reviews)? Everything Tini does in that series ties to a later book and a lot of what's popping up was talked about in the first issue. It's a series that is extremely re-readable because you always find something new. It's fantastic.
    Last edited by Seren; 01-07-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I've been thinking about it and I think Tini might have made a mistake by putting Blade in his 70s outfit when the script of the issue and the events suggest Blade immediately took the spores to the Avengers to analyze and Blade's never had the Avengers affiliation until recently. If Blade's memory isn't real nothing makes sense unless he's actually been kidnapped. Without Blade's memory he can't have the device made to track the spores.
    I didn't read all of the War of the Realm tie ins, but Blade and She Hulk were both part of the Strikeforce team that went to the Dark Elf realm. So you are probably on to something that maybe Blade isn't really Blade?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I didn't read all of the War of the Realm tie ins, but Blade and She Hulk were both part of the Strikeforce team that went to the Dark Elf realm. So you are probably on to something that maybe Blade isn't really Blade?
    That would be dope. Then have Blade come in and kill the imposter. I think they need to show off his abilities a bit more. I mean you can see the healing factor in this most recent preview. But he really just comes across as a skilled fighter with swords. Show off his strength, pick up a car, dodge a missle.

In Avengers they were more clever with that aspect of Blade.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

This Comic is Quality!!

Good issue.

Mighty Member

This issue was a lot of fun. Good for fans of Wiccan, Monica, and Hellstrom. We get some good additional backstory from Wiccan and Hellstrom, and this sub-plot with Ghost is pretty creative, even if it's kinda random.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I really liked this issue. The guest art was great.

I had no clue what to expect from Ghost's appearence, but they really found a neat way to incorporate him into the story. I liked the way they tied that to Monica's powers as well, sort of blurring the lines between science and supernatural, which was pretty cool. I found it funny how she was trying to be all scientific about it, while Blade and Angela were just like ''nope, those are ghosts''. The surprise appearence of spoilers:
    Moonstone
    end of spoilers was also great. I guess that explains the next issue. I'm wondering if this story will tie into the Vridai stuff in any way, though. 'Cause it felt kind of disconnected, but I'm not necessarily complaining either, because it brought me some newfound excitement for the story.

Billy and Daimon didn't do much, but I liked the little exchange they had during the issue. I like that it seems they are sort of bonding over their magic powers. It's a good dynamic and I hope we continue to see more of it in future issues. I hope we get some good action scenes with just the two of them now that they are separated from the rest of the team.

That last scene was like straight out of a horror movie, which I guess is kind of the vibe this book is going for. I approve it.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-08-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I really liked this issue. The guest art was great.

I had no clue what to expect from Ghost's appearence, but they really found a neat way to incorporate him into the story. I liked the way they tied that to Monica's powers as well, sort of blurring the lines between science and supernatural, which was pretty cool. I found it funny how she was trying to be all scientific about it, while Blade and Angela were just like ''nope, those are ghosts''. The surprise appearence of spoilers:
    Moonstone
    end of spoilers was also great. I guess that explains the next issue. I'm wondering if this story will tie into the Vridai stuff in any way, though. 'Cause it felt kind of disconnected, but I'm not necessarily complaining either, because it brought me some newfound excitement for the story.

Billy and Daimon didn't do much, but I liked the little exchange they had during the issue. I like that it seems they are sort of bonding over their magic powers. It's a good dynamic and I hope we continue to see more of it in future issues. I hope we get some good action scenes with just the two of them now that they are separated from the rest of the team.

That last scene was like straight out of a horror movie, which I guess is kind of the vibe this book is going for. I approve it.
    Nice review, Drops Of Venus.

I’m enjoying the blurring of science and magic (and mixing of genres). This team has a roster that allows plots to go into a lot of different corners of the MU. That’s great, imo.

Really enjoyed this issue. Had a little bit of a Euthanauts vibe

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Good issue.

Still HATE the Hellstrom bald design. He needs his hair back.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God